Vitor Belfort on TRT: "I want people to know I have a conscience"

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
c6cb86591d3f9868e2fd19b411469a52_vice_669x375.jpg

Vitor Belfort believes it's important to live a life with no regrets. For that reason alone, he's finally ready to open up about his use of testosterone-replacement therapy (TRT).

"I want to leave a legacy, and the first legacy I leave is myself," Belfort told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "If I can live with myself, I can give this to my kids. Nothing is worse than to go home and have to sell yourself to your family, to make up a whole different history of what you did, of how you lived your private life. That's no way to live.

"The TRT is my private life, but it's become public, and it's now a big, big thing. I believe that all the good things I'm doing, people kind of forget it and have a tendency to not pay attention or give credit for the way I'm winning fights, the way I'm working, the way I'm being an example for my Blackzilian teammates. I'm putting in the hard work, and I'm not done yet."

"I recognized my mistake," Belfort said. "Some people even said I shouldn't apologize because I did nothing wrong. But I told them, 'You're wrong. I'm going to apologize.' I think you recognize when you're right and when you're wrong. Sometimes, you may actually be right, but it doesn't mean you're always right. So if you make a mistake, you just recognize and admit it.

"I think I just felt like everybody was attacking me. And right there, in that fight, I shocked the world. Nobody expected me to win the fight with a head kick. I expected everybody to recognize my hard work. But when something came up about TRT instead, it kind of hurt my feelings."

Source: http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...-want-people-to-know-that-i-have-a-conscience

Thoughts? Very interesting article if you care to read.

Last edited:
edit: I applaud your dedication to language.

Last edited:
When people start talking about a legacy of themselves I always wonder just how big headed that person is.

In answer to the later part of the quote we take away from the good and don't praise it because he is on trt whilst winning those fights.

Everytime he opens his mouth I dislike him that little bit more.

trt isn't the reason vitor is displaying new striking techniques. of course, sherdog idiots will say otherwise.

ill leave these here before he gets shit on.
iFY7vKcJYwSxD.gif

hgfhfg-o.gif

Whether it's fair or not, I believe Vitor will be remembered by mainstream MMA fans as a roider. Sports fans are harsh.

trt isn't the reason vitor is displaying new striking techniques.

of course, sherdog idiots will say otherwise.

Yes, but it cannot be denied that TRT is giving Vitor the "hormonal motivation" to continue to perform at this level, at this age, with his history.

Regardless of how great his striking was (or is), TRT is giving him the ability to continue to train at the top level. Add his experience, and now his youthful hormonal levels, you have a wrecking machine who can probably destroy equally talented inexperienced younger fighters.

Yes, but it cannot be denied that TRT is giving Vitor the "hormonal motivation" to continue to perform at this level, at this age, with his history.

no one is denying it.

im talking about how the skills and techniques he has picked up are overlooked and ignored. oh hes on trt so those perfectly executed kicks must have come from that.

if that is the case, im going to go get a trt prescription and be challenging gsp here shortly.

trt isn't the reason vitor is displaying new striking techniques. of course, sherdog idiots will say otherwise.

ill leave these here before he gets shit on.
iFY7vKcJYwSxD.gif

hgfhfg-o.gif

No but it sure hangs a big looming cloud over his current success. Just like you suggest it'd be idiotic to attribute all his success to TRT, it'd also be idiotic to ignore it.

no one is denying it.

im talking about how the skills and techniques he has picked up are overlooked and ignored. oh hes on trt so those perfectly executed kicks must have come from that.

if that is the case, im going to go get a trt prescription and be challenging gsp here shortly.

Same argument was made in baseball and its not a valid one. You give a skilled athlete an incremental increase in strength at this top level its a huge deal.

Vitor realizes he probably has a few years left in the sport that he's been in since the 90s. Just let the man do all that junk he feels he has to so he has what it takes to perform for us. You think all your favorite fighters in Pride weren't juiced up since they had no drug testing? I'm willing to bet all the best Pride fighters were juiced up except maybe for Fedor.

Well, TRT allows him to train harder and longer in the gym than he ever could naturally and it's the gym where he's learning these techniques. So it's not exactly a stretch to say that TRT is the reason Vitor has new techniques.

Same argument was made in baseball and its not a valid one. You give a skilled athlete an incremental increase in strength at this top level its a huge deal.

strength has nothing to do with learning the technique.

So what? He's legitimately old, and given his usage of supplementation and yes, steroids, in the past it seems perfectly reasonable for the man to need testosterone replacement therapy. If it just happens to turn him from Phenom to TRTnom, so be it. He's heathy, we're entertained, everybody wins. Except Bisping, Rockhold, and soon enough the Weidman/Silva winner, but eh, that's neither here nor there.

Back