Vitaly Minakov....

Stipe is good because he is more fit than most of them, but he is also a part time fighter. I would favor Minakov for certain. Minakov would have choked Ngannou out easily if he was fighting instead at UFC 220, Ngannou had no clue what to do on the floor, he is so raw, but Stipe was also unsure what to do, the choke was there so many times but he didn't really know what to do himself.

Honestly I can't see Minakov getting Stipe to the ground, and if renowned mma star DJ Linderman can have Minakov out on his feet I have very little doubt that Stipe would put his lights out with his much higher level of boxing skill, more than likely catching him being over aggressive.

Vitaly has basically become a part time fighter as well. It's been pretty clear to me he's comfortable fighting the journeyman hws of the world in Russia for what I'm sure is solid pay, nothing wrong with that at all. But it does say a bit about his mentality to me.

Honestly I can't see Minakov getting Stipe to the ground, and if renowned mma star DJ Linderman can have Minakov out on his feet I have very little doubt that Stipe would put his lights out with his much higher level of boxing skill, more than likely catching him being over aggressive.

Vitaly has basically become a part time fighter as well. It's been pretty clear to me he's comfortable fighting the journeyman hws of the world in Russia for what I'm sure is solid pay, nothing wrong with that at all. But it does say a bit about his mentality to me.

Didn't stipe get smashed by struve? We can all play the mma math game

Last edited:
Didn't stipe get smashed by struve? We can all play the mma math game

6 years ago. The Linderman fight was last year. Not to mention Struve actually has some decent wins unlike Linderman who was a journeyman at lhw and now even moreso at hw cause he doesn't have to lose any weight.

It's not just mma math, there is reasonable evidence to separate the two events.

6 years ago. The Linderman fight was last year. Not to mention Struve actually has some decent wins unlike Linderman who was a journeyman at lhw and now even moreso at hw cause he doesn't have to lose any weight.

It's not just mma math, there is reasonable evidence to separate the two events.

I haven't seen stipe improve much since that fight with struve. Don't tell me his boxing is better, it's the same as then.
Plus you going to judge one punch that linderman got on vitality? Anthony Johnson was getting jabbed by DJ linderman , he did better then Glover, and guffason against an, plus it's a fight your bound to get hit and It really depends on what happens after that punch. Did you not see rest of the fight.?

Are you one of those people that thought wec and strikeforce were weaker competition then UFC? We know how that turned out.

I haven't seen stipe improve much since that fight with struve. Don't tell me his boxing is better, it's the same as then.
Plus you going to judge one punch that linderman got on vitality? Anthony Johnson was getting jabbed by DJ linderman , he did better then Glover, and guffason against an, plus it's a fight your bound to get hit and It really depends on what happens after that punch. Did you not see rest of the fight.?

Are you one of those people that thought wec and strikeforce were weaker competition then UFC? We know how that turned out.
but many of the top strikeforce people were former UFC people anyway

But no they weren't.
Robbie Lawler
Josh Thomson
Fabricio Werdum
Dan Henderson
Jorge Santiago
Vitor Belfort
Pat Healy
Josh Barnett
Nate Marquadt
Jason Miller
Nick Diaz

and that's just who I came up with off the top of my head

Last edited:
Just a little update for Minakov fans, I tweeted Fight Nights Global asking them whats up with him, and they replied to me and said that he will be fighting Sergei Kharitonov in the near future. Nice!!. BTW they are really good at replying, one of the better MMA promotions that will interact with you if you ask politely.

UFC would be easy meat for him, he beats anyone on entire UFC roster. They are all old age pensioners and he is way too skillful for any of the part time fighters in UFC HW division. I'd favor him against anyone they have, no doubt in my mind.
I honestly think Minakov is the favorite over Stipe right now, and would only be an underdog to Cain.

Just a little update for Minakov fans, I tweeted Fight Nights Global asking them whats up with him, and they replied to me and said that he will be fighting Sergei Kharitonov in the near future. Nice!!. BTW they are really good at replying, one of the better MMA promotions that will interact with you if you ask politely.
Maybe something changed and I think I posted it here Kharitonov said that his fight with Minakov was a trick from Fight Nights and he plans to fight in May in Bellator.

I honestly think Minakov is the favorite over Stipe right now, and would only be an underdog to Cain.
That is just lunacy. A guy who’s best wins are Eddie Sanchez and Kongo favoured? Do any of you Minkanov huggers even watch his fights? He has looked like dogshit against sub par competition the past 2 years.

Like a PR move. Kharitonov said that there were talks but he hasn't seen any desire from Fight Nights to really make this fight happen (if I remember his words right).
hmm can you post where you saw/heard that?

i remember fng saying and the mma journalist tweeting that they were working on minakov/kharitonov for june. interesting that he thinks FNG is just bullshitting

Maybe something changed and I think I posted it here Kharitonov said that his fight with Minakov was a trick from Fight Nights and he plans to fight in May in Bellator.
maybe as an alternate? that would be cool. take away that javy avala loss and he's been winning all of his fights lately

i remember fng saying and the mma journalist tweeting that they were working on minakov/kharitonov for june. interesting that he thinks FNG is just bullshitting
It was some time ago. Back when FN announced this fight for event in May. I try to look up maybe Kharitonov said something about fight in June.

Back