Vitaly Minakov....

Last I heard he was talking with Scott coker about a future fight

Last I heard he was talking with Scott coker about a future fight
He belongs in Bellator or the UFC, hes 33 so gotta make something happen quick before he gets too old.

His career is just wasting away. Such a shame.

He belongs in Bellator or the UFC, hes 33 so gotta make something happen quick before he gets too old.
I remember about 3 years ago, some posters liked seeing him on EFN thinking it would be an easier way to the UFC. Some people just wanted him to stay the hell away from Bellator, lol.

3 years later, Minakov is in the exact same place he was back in his first fight at EFN. He could have fought his way out of that Bellator contract in all that time. Pretty fucking sad.

This should go without saying: A Bellator contract doesn't give a shit what you want to accomplish in the UFC.

Wherever he goes, I'm hoping it's soon. That dude is a beast.

UFC would be easy meat for him, he beats anyone on entire UFC roster. They are all old age pensioners and he is way too skillful for any of the part time fighters in UFC HW division. I'd favor him against anyone they have, no doubt in my mind.

seriously who is there to fight over at Rizin with the exception being CC who is in Bellator aswell?

I don't know man I think the Japanese would treat him as a big star. He's a big imposing and skilled heavyweight.
You going to remember this isn't about competition this is about making money for man like him. His issues with Bellator should be enough to show you this. If he went to the UFC he has to cut ties with all of his sponsors in the Soviet Union. Not to mention the drug testing and a lot of other BS.

An undefeated Russian heavyweight that will never fight in the UFC?

If we're lucky maybe he will get beat up by Fabio Maldonado in a few years

seriously who is there to fight over at Rizin with the exception being CC who is in Bellator aswell?
I don't know man I think the Japanese would treat him as a big star. He's a big imposing and skilled heavyweight.
You going to remember this isn't about competition this is about making money for man like him. His issues with Bellator should be enough to show you this. If he went to the UFC he has to cut ties with all of his sponsors in the Soviet Union. Not to mention the drug testing and a lot of other BS.
Bellator is having a HW GP to decide who will fight CC dec 30, so far we have only 2 names announced and they're both 2 legit HW prospects: brazilian Ricardo Prasel (9-0, 6'7) and croatian Ante Delija (14-3, 6'5).. they're both 27 years old, Prasel a beast of grappler and Delija could be "the next Cro Cop", a great and explosive croatian HW striker

Prasel
3eee212272b2f90e9ad435980c74e771.png

Cro Cop, Delija and Ishii
7e5ac7def5f89f6655d185a82a51e70b.png

Minakov......it has to make you wonder what kind of crazy demands he is making with Bellator. 3 years and you can't get Coker to really even talk about it. It's always we talked or we are going to talk, he has a contract, its up to him....blah blah blah.

At this point let the dude just go. It isn't like he built some name off of Bellator's back or anything. The guy could fight in the UFC this summer and 5% of the fan base and that is being generous would even remember him from Bellator. I know he has said he wants to fight in the UFC but I'm not even sure they'd pay him off the bat what he is looking for. I'm sure EFN/FNG is way over paying him. But at least the UFC would give him the chance to make more than any of them could pay. I hope he makes it to the UFC sooner than later since he has had a few fights that he hasn't looked like a world beater in even though he pulled out a victory and he drops a fight or two against subpar guys his value will sink drastically in the UFC's eyes.

Last edited:
I remember about 3 years ago, some posters liked seeing him on EFN thinking it would be an easier way to the UFC. Some people just wanted him to stay the hell away from Bellator, lol.

3 years later, Minakov is in the exact same place he was back in his first fight at EFN. He could have fought his way out of that Bellator contract in all that time. Pretty fucking sad.

This should go without saying: A Bellator contract doesn't give a shit what you want to accomplish in the UFC.
Who knows besides him and managers what suits him more financially. In light off Volkov success he in the Bellator had easy time with both Volkov finishing him and Kongo taking him to UD who also beat Volkov. He definitely has the skill to compete with the best, hope he can make the sense out of it all and earn some money while he still can.

Eh, I just feel like a guy like Vitaly whos got his own claim to being thw best HW out there could help Rizin grow, and it would be huge for him in return.

Minakov......it has to make you wonder what kind of crazy demands he is making with Bellator. 3 years and you can't get Coker to really even talk about it. It's always we talked or we are going to talk, he has a contract, its up to him....blah blah blah.

At this point let the dude just go. It isn't like he built some name off of Bellator's back or anything. The guy could fight in the UFC this summer and 5% of the fan base and that is being generous would even remember him from Bellator. I know he has said he wants to fight in the UFC but I'm not even sure they'd pay him off the bat what he is looking for. I'm sure EFN is way over paying him. But at least the UFC would give him the chance to make more than any of them could pay. I hope he makes it to the UFC sooner than later since he has had a few fights that he hasn't looked like a world beater in even though he pulled out a victory and he drops a fight or two against subpar guys his value will sink drastically in the UFC's eyes.
I think one of Russian fighters said that it's even more profitable to fight in Russia for lesser money, because in US if they pay you more money, you still are gonna spend money on food, training, taxes and stuff.

UFC would be easy meat for him, he beats anyone on entire UFC roster. They are all old age pensioners and he is way too skillful for any of the part time fighters in UFC HW division. I'd favor him against anyone they have, no doubt in my mind.
uhh stipe?

Most of us just want to see good fights. If Minakov goes to RIZIN, he would just be fighting the same caliber of fighters he is in EFN.

I've never met a male adult in real life that cares how much money another man makes.

Back