Virginia's Andrew Spieles Registers Deceased Voters, Goes To Jail

• Thread starter Deleted member 491001
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 491001

From the article:
"A student at James Madison University who was working for a political organization affiliated with the Democratic party was sentenced to go to prison for at least 100 days after he pleaded guilty to registering dead people to vote."

"Andrew J. Spieles of Harrisonburg, Virginia entered his plea on Monday in federal court. He had been working for the group Harrisonburg Votes last summer. A U.S. Attorney’s Office spokesperson said, “In July 2016 Spieles’ job was to register as many voters as possible and reported to Democratic Campaign headquarters in Harrisonburg.”"

"According to the spokesperson, Spieles said that he got names, ages, and addresses of people from “walk sheets” given to him by the Virginia Democratic Party, and then he made up birth dates and social security numbers to go with them."

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/stu...registering-dead-people-as-democratic-voters/

Anyone heard of these "walk sheets" before?

If people are doing this in the country and don't get caught could this be affecting district borders/proper representation of the citizenry?

>democrat

Not surprised this has been happening for a long time

Dat Hillary winning the popular vote tho

From the article:
"A student at James Madison University who was working for a political organization affiliated with the Democratic party was sentenced to go to prison for at least 100 days after he pleaded guilty to registering dead people to vote."

"Andrew J. Spieles of Harrisonburg, Virginia entered his plea on Monday in federal court. He had been working for the group Harrisonburg Votes last summer. A U.S. Attorney’s Office spokesperson said, “In July 2016 Spieles’ job was to register as many voters as possible and reported to Democratic Campaign headquarters in Harrisonburg.”"

"According to the spokesperson, Spieles said that he got names, ages, and addresses of people from “walk sheets” given to him by the Virginia Democratic Party, and then he made up birth dates and social security numbers to go with them."

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/stu...registering-dead-people-as-democratic-voters/

If people are doing this in the country and don't get caught could this be affecting district borders/proper representation of the citizenry?

More than gerrymandering already does? No.

More than gerrymandering already does? No.
I'll admit I don't know a whole lot in depth about redistricting etc, but now I think I'm about to be sick if I dig deeper into it:

How_To_Steal_An_Election.jpg

Ok, this is what I've found on walk sheets so far:

Description
  • Use this for foot or phone canvassing
  • Use template if you don't have access to a database or tool that creates walk sheets for you (ie. NationBuilder)
  • The goal is capture key information of a potential voter
  • All data collected should be immediately uploaded to a central database if information handwritten
  • Destroy or securely store walksheet once data collected and uploaded to a database as this is sensitive information of members of community
30-3-screenshot-22-.png

I'll admit I don't know a whole lot in depth about redistricting etc, but now I think I'm about to be sick if I dig deeper into it:

How_To_Steal_An_Election.jpg

I've talked about it before, but this is the district I live in.

W78ppbb_d.jpg

That entire area is over 5 counties and connects cities 80 miles apart. This is the definition of a packed district, that thin stretch along I-35 just so happens to bring in San Marcos (college town) and the liberal parts of San Antonio after being one of 6 districts drawn to crack Austin into districts that republicans can win. This is how the GOP does things in Texas.

W78ppbb_d.jpg

That entire area is over 5 counties and connects cities 80 miles apart. This is the definition of a packed district, that thin stretch along I-35 just so happens to bring in San Marcos (college town) and the liberal parts of San Antonio after being one of 6 districts drawn to crack Austin into districts that republicans can win. This is how the GOP does things in Texas.
Wow, that looks insane. Does that result in the district voting red or blue? Who benefits from the district being like this?

W78ppbb_d.jpg

That's fucked up, but it's how the Dem's do it too when they have the power..

Seems like more of an issue with whoever is in charge of validating voter registrations. How do you register someone with a made up birth date and social?

I'm pretty sure people will point to this as voter fraud but in this instance I think the guy convicted was trying to inflate his numbers not cast extra votes.

Wow, that looks insane. Does that result in the district voting red or blue? Who benefits from the district being like this?

The GOP. They pack democrats into this district and give it to them so that republicans can win other districts. This is actually a fine example of packing and cracking, because while democrats win this district they're packed into, the GOP cracked Austin into 6 deparate districts to dilute the democrat vote across Austin as a whole. None of those districts by the way, contain more than 27% of the population of Austin proper. They make other races competitive by conceding this one out the gate.

From the article:

1bo2z3.jpg

I think something similar happened in WA the first time Gregoire beat Rossi. Bunch of guys in prison and dead people somehow had ballots counted.

Back