Vintage Ray Flores Boxing Gloves

rskbreaker

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I recently picked up a pair of vintage Ray Flores boxing gloves. Ill be adding more pic and doing a short write up about them. Beautiful gloves indeed.

Edit: Im also looking to buy a pair of the current Flores glove made by Dan Mosby.

2ytqv46.jpg

Last edited:
I train with Yaqui lopez and hes got a pair of these hangin on the wall in a red/black colorscheme like grants and they look pretty cool, cept his has bigger thumb guards.

I train with Yaqui lopez and hes got a pair of these hangin on the wall in a red/black colorscheme like grants and they look pretty cool, cept his has bigger thumb guards.

You should snap some pics and post em when you get the chance

Where can I get some sparring gloves like that?

Flores gloves are like my white whale.
Tried to get them a few times on ebay but never won the auction.
Don't want to pay upwards of 200 for them regardless.

Anybody have any?
Are they old fashioned gloves like Shevlin or do they have more of a modern feel?
From the pictures, they look very much like Shevlins with maybe a more modern inner cuff.
I like my Shevlins but I'm definitely not looking for another old fashioned style glove, especially in a lace up.

Flores gloves are like my white whale.
Tried to get them a few times on ebay but never won the auction.
Don't want to pay upwards of 200 for them regardless.

Anybody have any?
Are they old fashioned gloves like Shevlin or do they have more of a modern feel?
From the pictures, they look very much like Shevlins with maybe a more modern inner cuff.
I like my Shevlins but I'm definitely not looking for another old fashioned style glove, especially in a lace up.

Old school like Shevlins - I wouldn't use them, they are more a collectors item.

Flores are actual old school gloves, where Shevlins are new old school gloves.

I just lost a close bidding war in the last 10 seconds on those. I'm partly relieved that I saved myself 300 bucks, but I'm also sad I came so close to owning a pair of Flores.

I could have easily sold a few pieces of my gear to buy them but I told myself I wouldn't get involved. I stuck to my guns.

I could have easily sold a few pieces of my gear to buy them but I told myself I wouldn't get involved. I stuck to my guns.

You, sell gear? I tried to buy your Grants, lol.

You, sell gear? I tried to buy your Grants, lol.

:icon_lol:

Therein lies the problem. I would have told myself I would sell something to buy the Flores gloves, but in reality, I would have just bought the gloves and not sold anything.

:icon_lol:

Therein lies the problem. I would have told myself I would sell something to buy the Flores gloves, but in reality, I would have just bought the gloves and not sold anything.

You need to open a museum on boxing/fighting gear, or make a coffee table book on gear (or whatever you call those giant books).

You need to open a museum on boxing/fighting gear, or make a coffee table book on gear (or whatever you call those giant books).

What I need is help. After all the smack I was talking, I went ahead and bought a pair.

10oz. fight gloves in grey. For those who don't know, Bill Beaulieu had a good relationship with the Dan Mosby who was the grandson of Ray Flores and was the last person to make Flores brand gloves. I guess Bill commissioned Dan to make gloves for him with his own label.

Screenshot2012-06-05at70809PM.png

Screenshot2012-06-05at70902PM.png

What I need is help. After all the smack I was talking, I went ahead and bought a pair.

10oz. fight gloves in grey. For those who don't know, Bill Beaulieu had a good relationship with the Dan Mosby who was the grandson of Ray Flores and was the last person to make Flores brand gloves. I guess Bill commissioned Dan to make gloves for him with his own label.

Screenshot2012-06-05at70809PM.png

Screenshot2012-06-05at70902PM.png

Those look sweet, my Shevlins are going to be grey as well. Also, is that the same guy as BillBoxing?

Back