Social Vine co-founder found dead in apparent drug overdose

Ah. I haven't read into the details of that too much. Are OD's usually contributed to the suicide rate? Cause if they aren't, this wouldn't explain the spite there are well and would seem to imply it's not just a mistake in what they used.

I know a paramedic who says the majority of their calls are ODs where they have to revive the person with Narcan. You'd think the person would be relived to wake up but they usually are pissed cause the Narcan makes you very nauseous/sick right after. She finds it funny she just saved their life and they usually curse her out.

I do not believe they are lumped in with suicides.

And yes, heavy drug users are not happy when narcan reverses their OD. Not only does it make them sick, it kills their high.
Its been my experience as well that once a user is subjected to narcan they want nothing to do with ever again.

Much like regular suicides, at this point I'm just happy they take no one with them, so I'll cast no stones

A lot of it has to do with peole thinking they're consuming something they're familiar with only to find out too late that it was something else -- and that something else is oftentimes fentanyl.
Are they snorting it? Or are pills doing this? I guess I could always research fentanyl, but my VPN is down and I don't like searching drugs while being tracked is a possibility lol

Gosh, why are all ODs shooting up (no pun intended) in recent years. Something has to be wrong if the economy is seen as better and suicides/ ODs are going up.
I don't buy for a second that that pun was unintended.

<LikeReally5>

Fentanyl is fucked up shit. Wiped out like a dozen junkies up here a year or so ago. All in a pretty small area.

I don't buy for a second that that pun was unintended.

<LikeReally5>

I literally typed out to "shooting up in", paused, backspaced and added the ( ). I wouldn't doubt my subconscious definitely did it.

I literally typed out to "shooting up in", paused, backspaced and added the ( ). I wouldn't doubt my subconscious definitely did it.
Well..... I guess I can't prove it.
<{fry}>

Gosh, why are all ODs shooting up (no pun intended) in recent years. Something has to be wrong if the economy is seen as better and suicides/ ODs are going up.
Looks like a combination of bad things:
Some doctors decided to prescribe opioids as if they were aspirin
Illegal opioids supply increased after the Taliban got kicked out
The chinese started to produce fentanyl and people mixed it with heroin

Are they snorting it? Or are pills doing this? I guess I could always research fentanyl, but my VPN is down and I don't like searching drugs while being tracked is a possibility lol
Cartels are stepping on heroin with fentanyl because its cheaper and more available because its synthetic, but it's also ~50x more potent and therefore very deadly. Its mixed in powder form (so people can snort or inject it) and even tablet form as counterfeit hydrocodone and oxycodone tablets (so it can be ingested as well).

it's mixed into street heroin because it adds potency.
raivi2rx7pr01.jpg

those are the lethal doses of each drug. Fentanyl is extremely useful in a hospital setting post surgery but that's because they can measure out the proper dosage to the exact microgram. Mixed by criminals for street sale and you can see why it's disastrous.

China is flooding the US with it. It’s cheap and insanely powerful. They are cutting herion with it, which is nuts, as a dead addict doesn’t buy more

Cartels are stepping on heroin with fentanyl because its cheaper and more available because its synthetic, but it's also ~50x more potent and therefore very deadly. Its mixed in powder form (so people can snort or inject it) and even tablet form as counterfeit hydrocodone and oxycodone tablets (so it can be ingested as well).

it's mixed into street heroin because it adds potency.
raivi2rx7pr01.jpg

those are the lethal doses of each drug. Fentanyl is extremely useful in a hospital setting post surgery but that's because they can measure out the proper dosage to the exact microgram. Mixed by criminals for street sale and you can see why it's disastrous.

China is flooding the US with it. It’s cheap and insanely powerful. They are cutting herion with it, which is nuts, as a dead addict doesn’t buy more

Thanks for the info guys. I had no idea fentanyl was being mixed with street drugs, and being peddled in such long quantities from China. It's so crazy powerful, that much I knew, and like you said @DIDM it doesn't make sense from a drug deal perspective; too easy to OD = bad for business.

To me this feels like retribution for the opium wars lol

Back