VIKINGS v.3 (Returns Nov. 29, 2017)

They've actually done a much better job than I thought they would making the sons interesting characters. This show might still have some legs.

A bit frustrated with Lagertha's actions. She knows from the seer that one of Ragnar's kids will eventually kill her. It's no secret that Ivar and Ubbe want revenge for their mother's death. Lagertha clearly doesn't want to kill them because they're Ragnar's sons but she doesn't take any extra precautions either like imprisoning or banishing them.

Last episode they tried to kill her but the fight was averted due to the arrival of Bjorn. How come Ivar, Ubbe and the rest of the conspirators are still walking around freely afterwards? Let's say they're putting it all aside for the sake of gathering an army to avenge Ragnar's death, the situation still doesn't sit well with me.

It will be Bjoern by accident I bet. He is now banging Astrid. So Lagertha and Bjoern will come to blows unless Lagertha joins them in bed. They are vikings so who knows, maybe they will.

Looks like Bjorn is on the verge of being infected with a case of assholitis. Unfortunately, every character in the later seasons get infected with this disease.

Young Alfred in Vikings looks uncannily similar to the old Alfred in The Last Kingdom

Not really. Old Alfred was sickly and weak even in youth. This young Alfred looks like a stud.

Looks like Bjorn is on the verge of being infected with a case of assholitis. Unfortunately, every character in the later seasons get infected with this disease.

You just said what I've been trying to say, and somehow it only took you two sentences.

I'm still watching and still into the show, but GODDAMN has everyone become mostly unlikable.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just said what I've been trying to say, and someone it only took you two sentences.

I'm still watching and still into the show, but GODDAMN has everyone become mostly unlikable.

Honestly, they had to do something. Bjorn has been a very bland character (and there is absolutely no reason for him to be). A lot of that is that the actor seems extremely limited, but the writing has clearly been trash, we ll. This may actually lead somewhere interesting.

Honestly, they had to do something. Bjorn has been a very bland character (and there is absolutely no reason for him to be). A lot of that is that the actor seems extremely limited, but the writing has clearly been trash, we ll. This may actually lead somewhere interesting.

Indeed, though it's not just Bjorn. I was really addressing DLX's second statement that EVERY character in the later seasons has been "infected with assholitis."

Earlier in the show Ragnar was complicated by likable, Athelstan was extremely likable, Lagertha was more likable, Floki was more likable, Bjorn was more likable. . .

But as the show has progressed all of these characters except for Athelstan became less and less sympathetic.

Indeed, though it's not just Bjorn. I was really addressing DLX's second statement that EVERY character in the later seasons has been "infected with assholitis."

Earlier in the show Ragnar was complicated by likable, Athelstan was extremely likable, Lagertha was more likable, Floki was more likable, Bjorn was more likable. . .

But as the show has progressed all of these characters except for Athelstan became less and less sympathetic.

Yeah, it has been a general trend for most characters.

You just said what I've been trying to say, and somehow it only took you two sentences.

Doesn't it show how power corrupts people and turns them into assholes?

Yeah, it has been a general trend for most characters.

And a perfectly understandable one, given the historical record. All these characters have been on a trajectory towards invading England and unleashing untold death and destruction. It would be all but impossible to have them do that and keep them sympathetic.

So they had to ease us into it by making them bigger and bigger assholes so when they start committing the large scale atrocities, they don't seem completely out of character.

How the piggies will squeal...

deliverance-ned-beatty.png

New series or reboot of the last series idk has been really enjoyable. I'm especially liking the Ivar character, I hope we get to see him fuck some people up soon.

Brutal episode. The blood-eagle of Aella was better than the the one Ragnar did on Jarl Borg.

Disappointed that the writers are still forcing bullshit-ass love triangles. No one wants to see that. Who do they think is their target audience?

My favorite scene in the episode, and possibly my favorite line in the series.

x1wql3.png

Disappointed that the writers are still forcing bullshit-ass love triangles. No one wants to see that. Who do they think is their target audience?

But it's a love pentangle with the slave girl. They're changing the game.

The first half of this last episode was the worst thing I've seen since the Asian princess, and in the running for the worst half episode of the entire series (kind of in a turtle derby with about 10 other half-episodes).

But it was cool seeing UberFloki walk onto the battlefield and stare down the opposing army.

For someone who claimed they had strengthened their defenses, it couldn't have been much of a fight.

Aella strategy is all wrong. He should have built ships to meet them at sea, and laid traps, and ambushes all throughout the countryside. And he should have taken Ragnar's body cut off some limbs and use it to taunt the Heathen Army. He had no idea the size of the Heathen Army. I refuse to believe someone like him can stay in power for so long. Also he could have taken in some ex-troops from Mercia. After Ecbert took over, I sure a whole lot of soldiers were unemployed. These are battle hardened, and have experience with vikings.

Aella strategy is all wrong. He should have built ships to meet them at sea, and laid traps, and ambushes all throughout the countryside. And he should have taken Ragnar's body cut off some limbs and use it to taunt the Heathen Army. He had no idea the size of the Heathen Army. I refuse to believe someone like him can stay in power for so long. Also he could have taken in some ex-troops from Mercia. After Ecbert took over, I sure a whole lot of soldiers were unemployed. These are battle hardened, and have experience with vikings.

And if this show was called The Christians, that's what would have happened.

:cool:

Back