VIKINGS v.3 (Returns Nov. 29, 2017)

Thing is, they didn't need to make him a cripple. I had thought (in earlier seasons) that Ivar would be healed by the god Asslaug was fucking. Historically, the Boneless name was never confirmed to have been referencing a disability, certain not him being crippled. Hirst is using one reference in the sagas about his men carrying him on a shield after a victory.
With all that said... (minor historical spoilers)
Ivar isn't going anywhere. He's one of the most famous and accomplished Vikings. The show isn't anywhere close to accurate (Sigurd should still be alive, he wasn't killed by Ivar) and they stray quite a bit from "history". But they seem to be focusing on making Ivar the Big Bad of the Great Heathen Army. He does eventually die in Ireland

Yeah, I think they should have worked Ivar's "boneless" nickname differently instead of going with the paraplegic angle. It's annoyingly unrealistic.

Well i made it up to the point where Lagertha banged fine hair and then switched to the Loma fight.

Im just gonna bow out with this show and not finish it. Its glaringly apparent they dont know what to do with pretty much everybody on the show now and its just wandering aimlessly about.

How old is everyone supposed to be now? The show started only 4 years ago. I think they should have casted older people for the kids and then made them look younger last season.

Honestly, I don't know what they're trying to do with this Ivar dude. He doesn't have what it takes to replace Ragnar. I knew when Ragnar was killed off, the show would try to find someone else to anchor it, but holy shit, this dude? It all seems so fucking forced. What the fuck was that scene in the rain anyway? The shaking cam, the blood, it was fucking ridiculous.

Yeah, I think they should have worked Ivar's "boneless" nickname differently instead of going with the paraplegic angle. It's annoyingly unrealistic.
Yeah I agree with you guys. I mean boneless could've even meant super flexible. They fuckin use it to describe people to this very day

How old is everyone supposed to be now? The show started only 4 years ago. I think they should have casted older people for the kids and then made them look younger last season.

There was a time jump in Season 4 where the story suddenly advanced several years.

Yeah I agree with you guys. I mean boneless could've even meant super flexible. They fuckin use it to describe people to this very day

I think historically that's what Ivar was. I've done some research and basically it seems he was a great warrior who could fight and spin and move like he had no bones so to speak. I don't think he was cripple. But then again, as I mentioned, the show has changed a bunch of stuff already. Ivan was the oldest son. Bjorn was Auslaug's child not Lagertha's.

What happened at the end? Ivar leaving behind some dangerous pathogens to infect the English?

What happened at the end? Ivar leaving behind some dangerous pathogens to infect the English?

But the dead bodies are the English right? The english should be immune to themselves. And the Vikings probably catch it too.

History states that Bjorn becomes King of Sweden and Ivar dies in England so figure it out who is going to win the battle.

But the dead bodies are the English right? The english should be immune to themselves. And the Vikings probably catch it too.

Ivar mentioned something the Romans left that was clever, so Im assuming they found a sewer or aqueduct and used it to escape the castle, hence the rats above ground? But then what? Re-take the castle with the English in it?

Ivar mentioned something the Romans left that was clever, so Im assuming they found a sewer or aqueduct and used it to escape the castle, hence the rats above ground? But then what? Re-take the castle with the English in it?

Perhaps, but did the Romans built York, or Efirwik in The Last Kingdom?

but holy shit, this dude? It all seems so fucking forced. What the fuck was that scene in the rain anyway? The shaking cam, the blood, it was fucking ridiculous.

Hes sooo CRAAAZZZZZZY!!!! You don't know what hes gonna do next man! And did they remind you enough hes CRAAAAZZZY!!?

tenor.gif

Perhaps, but did the Romans built York, or Efirwik in The Last Kingdom?

Yes. It was originally a Roman outpost called Eboracum. When the Anglo-Saxons captured it they called it Eofirwik, and when the Vikings captured it they called it Jorvik.

History states that Bjorn becomes King of Sweden and Ivar dies in England so figure it out who is going to win the battle.

According to history Harald becomes king of all Norway, so who the fuck knows. This show tends to play fast and loose with the facts for storytelling purposes. Sigurd was supposed to marry Aella's other, non-painting scroll reading daughter. Instead he had to die to hammer home the point that Ivar is soooooo craaazy.

The Bjorn story is more interesting than the "main" story.

Loco Ivar is lame. Especially as a cripple. They should have made him a cold- calculating warlord and strategist.

Show went to shit a long time ago, haven't even bothered keeping up...

Back