Views on Paleo Diet

FinerDetails

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Was thinking about starting to cut a lot with the paleo diet, although I'm not exactly sure if it's great for MMA.

I Train BJJ 3 times a week, MMA 2 times a week, Boxing 3 times a week, Kickboxing once a week.
Aside from that I am at the gym regularly (everyday working different muscles) or when I'm not feeling tired from doubling up training sessions.

Just need some input from you guys to whether or not it's good for when you are still training or even for MMA in general.

Was thinking about starting to cut a lot with the paleo diet, although I'm not exactly sure if it's great for MMA.

I Train BJJ 3 times a week, MMA 2 times a week, Boxing 3 times a week, Kickboxing once a week.
Aside from that I am at the gym regularly (everyday working different muscles) or when I'm not feeling tired from doubling up training sessions.

Just need some input from you guys to whether or not it's good for when you are still training or even for MMA in general.

It's a great diet. I think there are some good tweaks for athletes: cottage cheese and rice (to name a couple), but I think in it generally following it is a good idea.

I used it to lose a bunch of weight, I think it's a great diet. I didn't follow it 100%, like I would eat oatmeal for breakfast and I didn't completely eliminate breads, rice and pastas (but only brown), but it still worked a charm and best of all it's pretty easy to follow. Given how much you train, weight loss probably isn't your goal, but I think it's great for athletic performance too.

Essentially it's based on how we're genetically supposed to eat, how the cavemen ate. Over time humans have become relatively sedentary, so if the cavemen ate like that and were able to still be physically active, I see no reason it wouldn't work for athletic performance.

(Yes I know, Bro science FTW)

Back