Vietnam Braces for Massive Typhoon

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Vietnam is about to be hit with a massive typhoon. I am very concerned for our Brothers in Vietnam. If you can spare a few dollars please consider donating to charity such as Children of Vietnam because our friends and neighbor in Vietnam will be needing help from their American friend soon.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/14/vietnam-braces-for-massive-typhoon/

HANOI, Vietnam — Vietnam on Thursday was bracing for Typhoon Doksuri, which is expected to be the most powerful tropical cyclone to hit the Southeast Asian country in several years.

Doksuri swept through the Philippines on Tuesday as Tropical Depression Maring, killing at least four people and leaving another six missing. It strengthened to a typhoon with sustained wind speed of up to 84 mph and gusts of up to 115 mph. It’s expected to make landfall in central Vietnam Friday, according to the Vietnamese national weather forecast center.

Forecasters warned of heavy rains, floods and landslides in some northern and central parts of the country.

Speaking at an emergency meeting Thursday, Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung ordered the evacuation of people in high-risk areas.

ADVERTISING
He also ordered operators of fishing, transport and tourist boats and vessels to take shelter or move out of the typhoon’s path, and banned ships and vessels from sailing to the sea, the government reported on its website.

Modal Trigger
vietnam1.jpg

Vietnamese workers remove fallen trees on a street in central city of Hue, Vietnam on Sept. 14.AP
State-run online newspaper VnExpress, quoting officials in the central provinces of Ha Tinh and Quang Binh, said more than 100,000 people were being told to evacuate.

The typhoon forced the cancellation of dozens of flights to and from the central region, it said.

Vietnam, a country of 93 million people, is prone to floods and storms that kill hundreds of people each year

I know a couple people in vietnam. Thry think it will be pretty bad

Having just lived through a Hurricane that thankfully didn't even hit my home directly I can try to empathize. But the difference is I live in the US, the greatest country on earth. A developing country like Vietnam is going to have a harder time preparing and recovering from this.

That said, on the Saffir-Simpson scale it would only rank as a Category 1 as of now. Still bad news for a poorer country but thankfully not some catastrophic Day After Tomorrow shit

Vietnam is about to be hit with a massive typhoon. I am very concerned for our Brothers in Vietnam. If you can spare a few dollars please consider donating to charity such as Children of Vietnam because our friends and neighbor in Vietnam will be needing help from their American friend soon.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/14/vietnam-braces-for-massive-typhoon/

Btw I know I've been a dick about that one comment but this is exactly the kind of thing you were wishing on an entire continent. Not so convenient when it hits your homeland I bet.

I live on an island. A huge typhoon just came through the region and we were all bracing for it, but then it hit a wall, got pushed north, and is just kind of hovering out at sea as it weakens:

s1p-2017-09-15-12-40.jpg

Back