Video : UFC 226 Free Fight : Brian Ortega vs. Frankie Edgar

UFC - 226 : Max Holloway vs Brian Ortega - Who takes it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Max Halloway is one of the most overrated fighters of our time and boring as fuck.

Don't get me wrong...He is good but he isn't exciting at all, he plays it safe and waits for mistakes to happen which is smart but I like Faster/Risky/explosive fighters....Ortega fits that bill much better.

I never believe in the Max Halloway hype.....Luckily for him Aldo's chin has been shot since he got dropped by Mendes twice in the 2nd fight.

I hope Ortega can make featherweight great again.
LMFAO, shut the fuck up holy fucking shit.

oh my fuck, what? i knew you were a bad poster but oh my shit.

LMFAO, shut the fuck up holy fucking shit.

oh my fuck, what? i knew you were a bad poster but oh my shit.
Sorry I actually know about the sport and don't buy into the hype, unlike you.

Ortega is a monster, but we're in the blessed era baby!

Let's Go!

strike-volume-5.gif

tumblr_or09z18Ndp1rofocqo1_500.gif

images

Last edited:
Big fan of both fighters, both guys are on another level right now and I could see these guys having success at lightweight. Ortega has taken damage so well in all of his fights it's a pick em fight for me. I see Max piecing Ortega up and controlling the distance but I could see Ortega eating everything and getting a 4th round sub.

Max Halloway is one of the most overrated fighters of our time and boring as fuck.

Don't get me wrong...He is good but he isn't exciting at all, he plays it safe and waits for mistakes to happen which is smart but I like Faster/Risky/explosive fighters....Ortega fits that bill much better.

I never believed in the Max Halloway hype.....Luckily for him Aldo's chin has been shot since he got dropped by Mendes twice in the 2nd fight.

I hope Ortega can make featherweight great again.

Holloway, boring? You're entitled to your opinion, just the first time I've heard a relentless, pressure-striker with a great chin and unlimited cardio, called "boring."

I think Ortega beats him though. Dude is a FINISHER.

Probably the most satisfying knockout of all time. I can’t stand crybaby Edgar.

Holloway, boring? You're entitled to your opinion, just the first time I've heard a relentless, pressure-striker with a great chin and unlimited cardio, called "boring."

I think Ortega beats him though. Dude is a FINISHER.
Relentless? WTF? Dude puts a good steady pace but he isn't wanderlei silva out there.......His pace is basically like Nick Diaz but without the risk.

and yes, I do call that boring...he is good at what he does, which is putting pressure dictating the pace but he is not entertaining.

Relentless? WTF? Dude puts a good steady pace but he isn't wanderlei silva out there.......His pace is basically like Nick Diaz but without the risk.

and yes, I do call that boring...he is good at what he does, which is putting pressure dictating the pace but he is not entertaining.

He's a striker who pushes the pace and isn't afraid to trade. Wand is prehistoric and couldn't maintain his style when the lightest drug testing regimen was applied. It's all opinions though! I just find yours to be particularly rare.

thanks, but no thanks

i don't need to see frankie getting dropped again

He's a striker who pushes the pace and isn't afraid to trade. Wand is prehistoric and couldn't maintain his style when the lightest drug testing regimen was applied. It's all opinions though! I just find yours to be particularly rare.
Isn't afraid to trade...Guy just dictates the pace and waits for the guy to slip off...He is not taking any risk.

The Lamas fight is a perfect example...boring fucking fight...He dictated the pace, and only took a risk in the last 10 seconds when he told lamas to stand and bang.

Not entertained by his style...Guy is super overrated.

Last edited:
Frankie "Let me close the distance by winging hooks from my waist with my chin up in the air" Edgar.

Mark Henry Bless.

Frankie "Let me close the distance by winging hooks from my waist with my chin up in the air" Edgar.

Mark Henry Bless.

Lol, that's harsh.

He does leave himself bit open when stepping in to land short strikes, but other than Ortega and Maynard, who was really able to capitalize on it?

Isn't afraid to trade...Guy just dictates the pace and waits for the guy to slip off...He is not taking any risk.

The Lamas fight is a perfect example...boring fucking fight...He dictated the pace, and only took a risk in the last 10 seconds when he to lamas to stand and bang.

Not entertained by his style...Guy is super overrated.
Boring fight? it was a great fight and he literally swarmed lamas multiple times in the fight, Holloway is a great fighter and very exciting to watch. Anybody Ortega has fought i'd pick Max to also finish (except Edgar).

Lol, that's harsh.

He does leave himself bit open when stepping in to land short strikes, but other than Ortega and Maynard, who was really able to capitalize on it?
Edgar seemed to really get lazy on his set ups and defense against Ortega, Edgar is usually pretty hard to hit.

Back