Video : UFC 226 Free Fight : Brian Ortega vs. Frankie Edgar

UFC - 226 : Max Holloway vs Brian Ortega - Who takes it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
UFC giving out freebies of their main stars in the next upcoming PPV.

I must admit, this one took me totally off guard.

I knew Ortega had some of the nastiest jitz / subs in the game, but never did I see him lighting Frankie up on the feet like this. He literally sent Edgar air-borne with that uppcut. Brutal.

Not sure who wins between T-City and Holloway...

I see Holloway picking Ortega apart on the feet to be honest.

If it goes to the ground though....could be trouble for Max.

Going with Holloway but Ortega is a real threat.

Should be a fun fight.

I like Holloway but just see him having a tough time keeping Ortega from wrapping his long arms around that long skinny goose neck of Holloways at some point in 25 minutes

Not watching that again <{1-17}>

Didn't sit well with me to see Frankie getting stiffened like that.

Not watching that again <{1-17}>

Didn't sit well with me to see Frankie getting stiffened like that.

I like to pretend it never happened............what fight we talking about?

I hear ya.

I felt bad for him.

But I think he will back with a vengeance.
Yeah let's hope so. I kinda wish he'd retire to be honest, he's getting legit old for the division and it could get really ugly really quickly.

But I know he has too much drive and heart to retire without getting featherweight gold.. or die trying. So I hope you're right

After re watching that Ortega Edgar fight, feeling very confident Max will win this handedly. I think it will be closely contested on the feet the first round and a half or two rounds. Then I see Max taking over via tko or dominant decision.
Max isn't short like Frankie, that neck won't be out to grab. Max excels fighting at a distance. He's gonna get it done.

Yeah Frankie is just a bit to old now.. Hate to say it.. He's almost 40.. Doesn't your testosterone and everything start to dump at that point? All the toll's of the fights kick in..

And Frankie was actually piecing Ortega, like easily Frankie just has no power Ortega didn't really land anything just kind of got lucky with one hit rocked him enough to stop him.. Frankie was getting the better of him really.

At least what i thought. I see Max really wearing Ortega out.

Ortega did this on short notice. This fight with Max is cant miss.

Man I don't know if anyone in that division is beating Ortega at this point.

Really looking forward to Max/Ortega. Both guys are already talking about moving up to LW.

Max Halloway is one of the most overrated fighters of our time and boring as fuck.

Don't get me wrong...He is good but he isn't exciting at all, he plays it safe and waits for mistakes to happen which is smart but I like Faster/Risky/explosive fighters....Ortega fits that bill much better.

I never believed in the Max Halloway hype.....Luckily for him Aldo's chin has been shot since he got dropped by Mendes twice in the 2nd fight.

I hope Ortega can make featherweight great again.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to Max/Ortega. Both guys are already talking about moving up to LW.

Ortega vs Khabib would be one of the craziest displays of grappling we have seen, imo.

Khabibs next level wrestling / GnP vs Ortegas subs from hell.

Would watch the shit outta that one.

i think max takes this pretty comfortably, ortega can be competitive on the feet though because of his reach, improving boxing and toughness.

max won't take it to the ground, and he's better on the feet.

just a bad style matchup for ortega, he should try and clinch and grab a guillotine like he did to cub.

Back