Video: This is why fighters shouldn't cut too much weight fighter has Seizure

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Scary moment on TUF from 2015 what caused him to have a seizure was it lack of nutrients or electrolytes?

This is why fighters shouldn't cut too much weight fight has Seizure

The fight had a seizure?

giphy.gif

"Montgomery was eventually diagnosed with hyponatremia, which is a condition that develops when the body is extremely low on sodium or electrolytes. The main cause of hyponatremia is drinking too much water during sports, which dilutes the sodium in the blood and the result can be a seizure."

Must've been out drinking this the night before.

"Montgomery was eventually diagnosed with hyponatremia, which is a condition that develops when the body is extremely low on sodium or electrolytes. The main cause of hyponatremia is drinking too much water during sports, which dilutes the sodium in the blood and the result can be a seizure."
Dang my friend used to cut weight that way when he would get hungry just drink water he didn't eat anything to give him any sodium.

Dang my friend used to cut weight that way when he would get hungry just drink water he didn't eat anything to give him any sodium.

Just put a pinch of salt in the water, also helps your body absorb it better. Or atleast thats what I was told anyway. Never really looked into it before but now that I see it in writing it sounds kinda dumb, lol

Seeing shit like this gives me flashbacks. I'm grateful I never got in to cutting weight, it's just not worth it.

People fall in this trap where they cut salt so their bodies don't hold on to water weight as much while at the same time also possibly cutting down on calories, often neglecting minerals and electrolytes. When you combine the two, you're playing a dangerous game.

Bottom line - cutting water weight is dumb, cutting excessive water weight is retarded.

And this is why fighters should cut weight: a massive size and strength advantage over someone who doesnt, see Ortega vs Edgar redently, Ortega was almost 170 in the cage while Frankie barely cuts to make 145, and he gets smashed by the bigger man.

Coming in 20lbs+ over the weight youre fighting at is the equivalent of being on PEDs, so as long as one guy is doing it, everyone else needs to do it to be competitive.

Everyone making fun of this incident is an idiot. I don't wish this happened to you, but if it does you had it coming.

Just put a pinch of salt in the water, also helps your body absorb it better. Or atleast thats what I was told anyway. Never really looked into it before but now that I see it in writing it sounds kinda dumb, lol
Yeah but too much salt can cause harden stools

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back