Video shows old woman attacked by police dog while taking out the trash

Police shoot people's dogs for little to no reason all the time. They claim the dog could be a threat so they blast the pooch. Here is an example of a dog literally attacking an innocent person and no cop will put a bullet in it. Seems like a double standard to me.
I was thinking the same thing.

white-dog-movie-poster.jpg

What the actual fuck? <TheWire1>

Police shoot people's dogs for little to no reason all the time. They claim the dog could be a threat so they blast the pooch. Here is an example of a dog literally attacking an innocent person and no cop will put a bullet in it. Seems like a double standard to me.
I didn't think of this until awhile after I first saw the video. If that was a regular person's dog biting a cop that thing would have got lit the fuck up like it was fourth of July. I'm not saying they had to shoot the dog, but show some sense of urgency and don't act like Bill Lumbergh asking someone to work a weekend shift. Read the article and the woman only has one hand. No one even said, "sorry our dog attacked you." They were so nonchalant about it. Poor lady's gonna have a panic attack from now on every time it's trash day.

I didn't think of this until awhile after I first saw the video. If that was a regular person's dog biting a cop that thing would have got lit the fuck up like it was fourth of July. I'm not saying they had to shoot the dog, but show some sense of urgency and don't act like Bill Lumbergh asking someone to work a weekend shift. Read the article and the woman only has one hand. No one even said, "sorry our dog attacked you." They were so nonchalant about it. Poor lady's gonna have a panic attack from now on every time it's trash day.
Cops kill dogs when they serve a search warrant at the wrong address and a Lab turns the corner in the house to see what is going on.
There are zero ramifications for the police when this happens.

If my dog did this to an innocent person taking our the trash in front of her house I would be prosecuted and my dog would be put down.

I'm not anti police but I wish they would be held to the same laws that citizens are. They are performing a duty that they are compensated for to protect the public. And they shouldn't be above the law.

I guess the dog likes dark meat.

Yeah, I understand that it does happen. I’m just saying I don’t think every police department does. Personally, I think every police officer should be paid much more but also have to obtain a 4 year college degree, from a real school not that online shit.

Think about it. Right now, cops are pretty much your average sherdogger. And society has decided to give them guns and put them in charge of maintaining order. It’s fucking insane.

Pretty much the only way a lot of the nonsense gets solved. I think that should have been a big part of the NFL's recent attempt to appease players with the social issue donations or whatever they're doing. I would have liked to see them broach that issue, and maybe some other large entities could follow suit.

They don't all have to be geniuses, but it would help to have some requirements for intelligence and education. It would create a different culture, and also encourage a lot more "qualified" people to go into the field. Right now it's mostly guys from the lower third of your average community college class. What do we expect?

Fuck, I'd soccer kick MY OWN DOG if she was doing some bullshit like that to a human (home invaders aside...)

Common sense dog laws are in order here. Something has to change!

Pretty much the only way a lot of the nonsense gets solved. I think that should have been a big part of the NFL's recent attempt to appease players with the social issue donations or whatever they're doing. I would have liked to see them broach that issue, and maybe some other large entities could follow suit.

They don't all have to be geniuses, but it would help to have some requirements for intelligence and education. It would create a different culture, and also encourage a lot more "qualified" people to go into the field. Right now it's mostly guys from the lower third of your average community college class. What do we expect?

I don’t think the NFL really needs to do anything. Players can kneel and protest. People need to stop mischaracterizing what they’re protesting and stop bitching about it. They might stop watching football, for a few weeks. But they’ll be back. And any attempt by the NFL to work with players regarding the protests will only be seen for exactly what it is, a way for the NFL to get them to stop kneeling so that they can accommodate the idiot fans.

Bad use of a long line by K9 officer. You need to have dog in sight and under control if you're out with it and not doing a contained building search.

K9 handler needs to be replaced.

Accidents do happen with K9s though. We had an officer get bit on the thigh by another agencies dog on a search. We gave him shit for playing chew toy.

this is exactly what I was thinking. I've always seen officers have their dogs close , literally on a tight leash.

I don’t think the NFL really needs to do anything. Players can kneel and protest. People need to stop mischaracterizing what they’re protesting and stop bitching about it. They might stop watching football, for a few weeks. But they’ll be back. And any attempt by the NFL to work with players regarding the protests will only be seen for exactly what it is, a way for the NFL to get them to stop kneeling so that they can accommodate the idiot fans.

I completely agree. I don't think anybody should have to care about the social issues one way or the other. And before 9/11 everybody complained about too much flag worshiping at sporting events.

I just think if you do care, finding a way for police officers to have higher salaries and better qualifications should be a point of emphasis. And all you ever hear is "better training". Which obviously doesn't matter if they lower qualifications every year.

She obviously wasn't.

Let's be honest, neither of us know if she was or not, so you can't really say she wasn't.

I lost the full use of one of my fingers playing rugby years ago. Seemed innocuous at the time, but ligament and tendon damage can be permanent.

Back