(video) Shogun Rua weighs in for UFC Fight Night Hamburg

It's not genetics. Shogun has good genetics. And for the retard that brought up PEDS in pride, its obviously not that either.

It's called 4 major knee surgeries, a pec injury, and a shit ton of mileage. Shogun was a fucking animal before the injuries. Lean and NEVER got fatigued. He was a non stop hurricane of violence. But like all of us, he is mortal and ages

Fucking hell you fan boys get defensive, I make one light hearted remark about his appearance and everyone jumps in to defend his honor.

It's not genetics. Shogun has good genetics. And for the retard that brought up PEDS in pride, its obviously not that either.

It's called 4 major knee surgeries, a pec injury, and a shit ton of mileage. Shogun was a fucking animal before the injuries. Lean and NEVER got fatigued. He was a non stop hurricane of violence. But like all of us, he is mortal and ages
For some unknown f**kin reason, 98% of the morons on here can not contextualize/comprehend easy concepts such as a fighters prime or fight years/mileage....

They willl say “Shogun is 35 and so and so is also 35 but still fights great so Shogun sucks” it’s beyond aggravating.

Last edited:
Fucking hell you fan boys get defensive, I make one light hearted remark about his appearance and everyone jumps in to defend his honor.
Classic sherdog. Call someone out on their ignorance and you must be an OMG SUCH FANBOIY WOW LOL NUTHUGGER!

Shogun is sacred.

You should at least be carded imo

Classic sherdog. Call someone out on their ignorance and you must be an OMG SUCH FANBOIY WOW LOL NUTHUGGER!

What did I say that's ignorant ? You haven't called me out on anything.

Shogun has never looked like a specimen, it's just a fact. It doesn't reflect his abilities. Stop crying over nothing.

Shogun has a flabby dadbod AFTER cutting weight?

giphy.gif

Did he cut weight or gain weight for this fight?

Of all the high-level fighters Ive talked to and mixed it up with, Shogun is right up there at the top. I put him at like a Jens Pulver type of cool. Those are prob the two coolest Ive met.

Spider and Matt Hughes are two greats Ive met that are genuine jerks btw

Looks like a classic Shogun weigh in, the least impressive part of his fight game.

That would be a valid point, if Shogun didn't actually fight just how he looks lately...aka deflated. He is not lighting his opponents up.

Yes he is riding a 3 win streak, but out of these 3 wins two of them came by decision against a way past the hill Nog and Corey Anderson.

His tko win was against another "top" fighter Giant Villante (16 - 10).

He was the number 1 LHW 13 years ago. Is it any wonder he looks like this?

Shogun has a flabby dadbod AFTER cutting weight?

giphy.gif

This is what natural looks like fellas...

Seriously tho... Shoguns never been a ripped/jacked looking guy. Sure, Pride days, when he was 25 and prime to the gills, he had a better physique, but he’s never been a super lean, bodied up guy.

Also... Go look at him when he beat Machida, both fights... cough cough.

Or really any of ufc fights, he doesn’t look much different- I was expecting something much worse.. something similar to what he looked like in his first ufc fight against Forrest. That’s probably the worst I’ve seen him look, by far..

ZigzagThisHalibut-size_restricted.gif

Shogun by KO (crazy shit) round 1 lets go Shogun!

Ooh wow look how ripped and jacked Shogun was back in Pride... Fucking straight yoked brah. That must be how he knocked the shit outta Arona in this fight and won the most stacked MW(LHW) tournament ever... Thank the gods, old and new that he was looking so fit, with like 6% body fat - Had to have been the reason he’s one of the greatest LHW’s to ever walk the planet...

People are acting like he looks like Roy Nelson or something... Soft and doughy are a bit on the extreme side. Does he carry a little mass around his midsection, sure... But he’s never been one of those jacked body types.. it doesn’t mean shit.. you guys are like 15 year old girls on here judging his body..

Shogun has never looked like a specimen, it's just a fact. It doesn't reflect his abilities. Stop crying over nothing.
This. Great fighting ability, but never had the look of an athlete. And it's only gotten worse with age.

This. Great fighting ability, but never had the look of an athlete. And it's only gotten worse with age.

He doesn't look bad at all actually. He's got a little weight around the waist, but some definition on the upper abs, and looks quite lean overall. He has never been ripped, and been a tad thick around the waist and legs. That's definitely not a dadbod.

What did I say that's ignorant ? You haven't called me out on anything.

He looked pretty good for liddell and machida, that shogun had a resting heart rate in the 30s but also weighed less than 210 lbs before he cut weight for the weigh in. He could have made the cut to MW, where he belonged, had he remained injury free and motivated but sadly... Anyway, he's still my all time favourite

Back