(video) Shogun Rua weighs in for UFC Fight Night Hamburg

There's your issue right there.. "looks"

It's not about looks

Watch Shogun fight and tell me he has terrible genetics...other wise I can't take you seriously...sorry

Shogun does look good for 36 btw

That would be a valid point, if Shogun didn't actually fight just how he looks lately...aka deflated. He is not lighting his opponents up.

Yes he is riding a 3 win streak, but out of these 3 wins two of them came by decision against a way past the hill Nog and Corey Anderson.

His tko win was against another "top" fighter Giant Villante (16 - 10).

maybe he wouldn't due to his age but would love to see him at 185

Cains fat but he looks strong, Shogun looks like a mid 40's dad who attends fitness classes 3 times a week.

LMAO. I'm 42 and am lucky if I hit the gym 3 times a week. Shogun looks pretty much like me, only his arms are a bit bigger. Hopefully Shogun has been working on his cardio and drilling the basics 'cause it sure as fuck doesn't look like he's been doing much weight training.

Still my boy, though.

Was suprised by his physique as well. But maybe that's what happens after you bring your body through the wringer and/or PED abuse in Pride.
Have you ever watched his Pride fights? At his prime he was never ripped. Obviously more than today but never a ripped guy. Just solid.

There's your issue right there.. "looks"

It's not about looks

Watch Shogun fight and tell me he has terrible genetics...other wise I can't take you seriously...sorry

Shogun does look good for 36 btw

No shit captain obvious, that's why I said he physically looks pretty average for a full time athlete. I never said anything about his physical abilities.

LMAO. I'm 42 and am lucky if I hit the gym 3 times a week. Shogun looks pretty much like me, only his arms are a bit bigger. Hopefully Shogun has been working on his cardio and drilling the basics 'cause it sure as fuck doesn't look like he's been doing much weight training.

Still my boy, though.

Yeah I have nothing but respect for him. True prize fighter, not many of them left.

I love how this thread is basically a bunch of gay men throwing shade at Shogun's dadbod and hairline.

No matter how good or in shape Shogun looks with a shirt on... one thing you can always count on him to have is a warm, soft, doughy and pillowy midsection.

BJ dad bod vs shogun dad bod

who wins?

Was suprised by his physique as well. But maybe that's what happens after you bring your body through the wringer and/or PED abuse in Pride.
Or that he's 36 with bad knees and likes to eat carbs?

ZigzagThisHalibut-size_restricted.gif

Shogun by KO (crazy shit) round 1 lets go Shogun!

Still my boy, though.
Rua actually looks great here.

U dum

Shoguns got some terrible genetics, full time athlete and looks like that. He has a similar build to my brother who's a borderline alcoholic and hangs sheetrock all day.

It's not genetics. Shogun has good genetics. And for the retard that brought up PEDS in pride, its obviously not that either.

It's called 4 major knee surgeries, a pec injury, broken arm and a shit ton of mileage. Shogun was a fucking animal before the injuries. Lean and NEVER got fatigued. He was a non stop hurricane of violence. But like all of us, he is mortal and ages

Last edited:
Shoguns got some terrible genetics, full time athlete and looks like that. He has a similar build to my brother who's a borderline alcoholic and hangs sheetrock all day.
I hope your brother kicks your ass for airing family bizznezz on Sherdog.

Back