(video) Shogun Rua vs. Anthony Smith weigh face off

Shogun by 3rd round KO. Smith has no defense and patient Shogun will find openings.
This. Smith has porous defense and sloppy technique. Shogun will be smart and set him up.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but when Shogun faces off he never usually stares directly into his opponents eyes does he?

To be fair to the legend that is shogun, he talked a lot of shit about and to chael. Shogun was going to defeat chael for the benefit and honour of chute box, wand, and all of Brazil.

He looked chael in the eyes a few times, and then got his ass beat in incredibly embarrassing fashion.

Not only did he dispatch shogun with ease, he, a wrestler, choked out a bjj black belt, exposing how popularity leads to fighting credentials in Brazil’s gyms.

I would be surprised if shogun ever looked another man in the eyes after the defeat he suffered at the hands of chael p sonnen.

To be fair to the legend that is shogun, he talked a lot of shit about and to chael. Shogun was going to defeat chael for the benefit and honour of chute box, wand, and all of Brazil.

He looked chael in the eyes a few times, and then got his ass beat in incredibly embarrassing fashion.

Not only did he dispatch shogun with ease, he, a wrestler, choked out a bjj black belt, exposing how popularity leads to fighting credentials in Brazil’s gyms.

I would be surprised if shogun ever looked another man in the eyes after the defeat he suffered at the hands of chael p sonnen.
It was pretty shameful. Even worse if he ran his mouth, which i wasn't aware of.

It was pretty shameful. Even worse if he ran his mouth, which i wasn't aware of.

He talked mad shit.

Some combination of how he was going to defend and reclaim Wand’s honour as well as Brazil, he was gonna hurt chael p sonnen, but, I assume he was expecting to lose, he also mentioned that if he did lose, he had a built in excuse because he hurt his knee a decade prior. I think he also mentioned his knee problems from 2002 after he lost the fight.

He went full Sherdog fan boy, if I recall correctly.

Dunno if Shogn gets a title shot with a win over smith.

When UFC has 2 contender fights right next to each other (Shogun/Smith and Glover/Anderson), it usually means they are doing a tourney style eliminator.

cormier would gladly take on shogun if he wins it would be a bad fight for shogun

Back