(video) Scott Coker confirms Roy Nelson now off of Bellator 200

I wanted to see Nelson vs Cro Cop 2, but I'm sort of glad the fight fell through in the sense that Nelson shouldn't get a second chance to be in the tournament. Kongo earned his spot as the alternative. A guy already eliminated shouldn't get a second chance.

I wish Scott was the president of the UFC

That thread on Tony Lopez calling out for the fight got me pumped. Tony should have gotten the shot, at this point he would have head kicked Nelson and punched out a stoppage

That fucking sucks.

Throwing Kharitonov in there would have been good.

Why, cause he is nice guy?

Because he's smarter than Dana and makes better business moves for Bellator than the UFC does for itself. He promotes events better and is just overall better at his job. Dana has alot of history with the UFC and he's a bit of a character. Dana comes off more like a hot headed boss and Coker is more down to business and level headed. He also acts like a professional. I've also seen Coker be a bit of a dick to people plenty of times, I wouldn't say he's a nice guy all the time.

Because he's smarter than Dana and makes better business moves for Bellator than the UFC does for itself. He promotes events better and is just overall better at his job. Dana has alot of history with the UFC and he's a bit of a character. Dana comes off more like a hot headed boss and Coker is more down to business and level headed. He also acts like a professional. I've also seen Coker be a bit of a dick to people plenty of times, I wouldn't say he's a nice guy all the time.
If Coker was a better businessman than Dana or the Fertittas, Strikeforce would still be around. Hell, maybe the Bellator 180 PPV would have broke even if he promoted better than the UFC

Also, do you want to see top 5 guys like Yoel Romero fight journeymen from Cage Warriors? Because that's what Scott Coker matchmaking is like.

Are you high????

Coker does nothing but burn through money and drives orgs into the dirt by making them non-profitable.

Nice guy who is great with talent and keeping the peace between the fighters and the org itself. But from a business stand point awful and the Bellator ratings this year are proving it week in and week out. Not too mention yearly revenue of less than 20 million and a reported lost money in 2017. This after Viacom/Spike spent the money on talent to get ratings up so they can charge more for advertising.

Mean while, Dana can be dick, great. But he is a very important part in a business that went from a small investment to 4 billion dollar buy out. Has guarantee media deals now pushing over 500 million a year and the last round of funding valuing the business valued at 5 billion and chances are high now with the new deals in place it might push 6 billion.

Hate Dana all you want, but he has been part of the only org to find success in the world of MMA long term on the big stage.

Ok so the co-headliner is now the headliner?

How does the injury effect Cro-Cops future in Rizin (like does anyone know how bad it is)?

Didn't want to see this fight and Roy is done all he does now is wall and stall and spam takedowns

i prefer scott as bellator president wouldn't fit ufc i don't think

I wanted to see Nelson vs Cro Cop 2, but I'm sort of glad the fight fell through in the sense that Nelson shouldn't get a second chance to be in the tournament. Kongo earned his spot as the alternative. A guy already eliminated shouldn't get a second chance.
it wasnt an alternate fight unless im mistaken. cro cop never planned on fighting for bellator again this year, if he won he wasnt gonna be a substitute for the tourney

edit - guess im wrong. i recall cro cop saying on mma hour to helwani that he only planned on fighting for bellator as a 1 time thing.

Back