Video Police in Santa Maria Shoot/Kill Suicidal man claiming he "lunged at them" Here we go again

I have the same question about this as the chick with the scissors . Yes the police can legit kill you justifiably if you threaten them with a weapon but do they have to ? Why cant they just Rodney King the shit out of a fool with a knife. A bunch of cops with sticks should in theory be able to beat a crazy guy with a knife down.

Yes I have some experience with guns knives and unarmed so dont just tell me I dont know what I am talking about . I know exactly what I am talking about or quote the 21 foot rue at me

I have the same question about this as the chick with the scissors . Yes the police can legit kill you justifiably if you threaten them with a weapon but do they have to ? Why cant they just Rodney King the shit out of a fool with a knife. A bunch of cops with sticks should in theory be able to beat a crazy guy with a knife down.

Yes I have some experience with guns knives and unarmed so dont just tell me I dont know what I am talking about . I know exactly what I am talking about or quote the 21 foot rue at me
RaidRedemption-1f-sg.gif

21 foot rule at you

Man had knife to his own throat claiming he was going to commit suicide
Santa Maria Police say they had "exhausted all nonlethal means."

So one cop (the bald white cop behind the suv) decides to shoot the guy while he's at least 10 feet away while most of the other cops don't even draw their weapons. Looks like a trigger happy cop just wanted to open fire on someone that day and get a paid vacation. Will his life matter ? He wasn't black will anyone care ? Society has become one cold place to live.

If he's such a threat to them why are they all gathered so close to him in a large group what sort of response is this to a suicidal man with a knife i mean if he was to move in any direction their positioning only gives them the justification they need to shoot the man. Notice the one cop that opens fire was the one who had his gun drawn from the beginning as if he was positioned as the executioner.

Justifiable. At least one person if not more better be pointing a gun at man with a knife. Also it sounded like they were using bean bags on him prior to the shooting.

Can we just ban you for blatant trolling. You're just an annoying gnat that goes following me around claiming "you owned me" because you're still mad you couldn't present me with any arguments in another thread. Stop following me you annoying troll.

Clean the cum out of your ears you don't even know what a gunshot sounds like.

In the beginning of thw video you hear the sound of bean bags been shot.

You have to remember they don't get paid a lot, I think the starting pay is 45,000. Would you risk you life for that kind of pay?

All of them but one had bean bag shotguns. Good to see us "bootlickers" are able to actually look at reality. do you even know what the "21 foot rule" is? 21 feet is the distance a person with a knife can cover and stab you before your brain can process what is going on, register what is happening, recgonize that your in danger, draw your gun and fire accurate rounds.

21 foot rule isn't a rule or legally noticed. It's no different than a rule of thumb and depends on a variety of factors that weren't present here. The cops didn't have their weapons holstered, the guy with the knife wasn't unobstructed to the cops, and the cops had already recognized the potential danger. Sorry you think 21 feet is some magical number with anything more the anecdotal basis. Someone being within 21 feet isn't legal justification of shooting someone.

I've also not once said this shooting was justified or unjustified. Just that the 21 foot rule as a justification is junk science.

21 foot rule isn't a rule or legally noticed. It's no different than a rule of thumb and depends on a variety of factors that weren't present here. The cops didn't have their weapons holstered, the guy with the knife wasn't unobstructed to the cops, and the cops had already recognized the potential danger. Sorry you think 21 feet is some magical number with anything more the anecdotal basis. Someone being within 21 feet isn't legal justification of shooting someone.

I've also not once said this shooting was justified or unjustified. Just that the 21 foot rule as a justification is junk science.
It's an FBI guideline - You bet your ass its "legally noticed".

Yes, a crazy man running at you with a knife is more than enough justification

You have to remember they don't get paid a lot, I think the starting pay is 45,000. Would you risk you life for that kind of pay?

Dude im an idiot from Detroit I have put myself in the jackpot for free before but I do get your point. Im also not hating on the police but they do seem to be a very frightened bunch as of late and that gets people killed needlessly. I do think funding and training are huge issues that need to be fixed

So they couldnt beat him down with sticks ? They coudnt pull a riot shield out of the trunk ? They had time for bean bags and shit and to talk so I know they had a little time to prepare .

Stop thinking about that fucking 21 foot rule and start thinking about what cops could do when dealing with someone who is mental so that everyone gets to go home to families not just the blue boys. Nhbear posted a long thing about knives that maybe you should read.

Or just keep repeating 21 foot rule and showing that old ass video like we cant come up with something better . Maybe thinking and problem solving isnt your thing

So they couldnt beat him down with sticks ? They coudnt pull a riot shield out of the trunk ? They had time for bean bags and shit and to talk so I know they had a little time to prepare .

Stop thinking about that fucking 21 foot rule and start thinking about what cops could do when dealing with someone who is mental so that everyone gets to go home to families not just the blue boys. Nhbear posted a long thing about knives that maybe you should read.

Or just keep repeating 21 foot rule and showing that old ass video like we cant come up with something better . Maybe thinking and problem solving isnt your thing

Sorry dude, but "get a bunch of dudes to smoke him in the head with sticks and such" isn't some sort of deep thinking skill being put on display.

Right sorta. its a funding training and equipment thing. Lots of us here have trained hand to hand knives sticks and guns and police probably should too. If we can put in ar in every car and cameras on cops Im sure we can give them Shields and sticks and teach them some Phalanx shit. Busted jaw bones and femurs and shit still leave you alive tomorrow

I'm so upset that the cops killed this knife-wielding maniac. Cue my faux-outrage.

See post 97

The police train with batons. Again, this ain't an action movie. Police tactics are designed by highly trained individuals who realize that trying to hit a charging man with a knife in the leg with a stick isn't a very high percentage chance of doing much other than getting you stabbed.

Back