Video of young Nick Diaz giving hespect

I do enjoy my own channel. Thanks for the link.

diaz-flips-off-Shamrock.jpg

this is more like it.

Anyone who actually believes 2 opponents who claim to hate each other in their pressers has to be at least a little bit dumb in my opinion.

Even if the fighters work themselves up to believe they truly hate their opponent, it's all just tactics, and it's so obvious because you see it instantly washed aside once the fight is over and they have the utmost respect for each other. Nick is no different.

The only fighters in my memory who have continued a beef even after the bell are Michael Bisping and (ironically to this thread) Nick Diaz - in some of his later fights at least... ... and most people HATED them for it... so I guess people are aware even subconsciously that it's all just hype-fermenting dramatics.

Seeing Nick show so much respect to Mach is legit! Sakurai is a living legend.
Old school Shertards should remember this gem

It's always been about showmanship for Nick. And also, it's true what the Diaz Bros say, you got a guy training for weeks, specifically to your ass, and possibly permanently hurt you. Of course they're your enemy for the time being.

But Nick's always been pure class after fights. But damn, Nick was doing too much in that first clip. Let that guy breathe lol.

Anyone who actually believes 2 opponents who claim to hate each other in their pressers has to be at least a little bit dumb in my opinion.

Even if the fighters work themselves up to believe they truly hate their opponent, it's all just tactics, and it's so obvious because you see it instantly washed aside once the fight is over and they have the utmost respect for each other. Nick is no different.

The only fighters in my memory who have continued a beef even after the bell are Michael Bisping and (ironically to this thread) Nick Diaz - in some of his later fights at least... ... and most people HATED them for it... so I guess people are aware even subconsciously that it's all just hype-fermenting dramatics.

There are very few instances of true bad blood in MMA. I believe Luke Rockhold has genuine hatred for Bisping, but his comments about GSP are all about selling a fight.

And I believe that Miesha truly hated Ronda.

I'm sure there's a few more, but for the most part these fighters all respect and even like each other.

I think Ken and Tito started out hating one another.

There are very few instances of true bad blood in MMA. I believe Luke Rockhold has genuine hatred for Bisping, but his comments about GSP are all about selling a fight.

And I believe that Miesha truly hated Ronda.

I'm sure there's a few more, but for the most part these fighters all respect and even like each other.

Yeah exactly.

And I actually think Rockhold's hatred for Bisping only truly manifested itself AFTER the loss - mainly because of the way Bisping behaved in victory. Rockhold actually went to congratulate Bisping (again perpetuating the point that these so-called hatreds are all just pre-fight semantics), but Bisping dismissed him and insulted him. I think Rockhold viewed this as 'against the grain' because again... most fighters with beef are supposed to miraculously make up immediately after the fight. I think Rockhold pretended to hate Bisping prior to the fight because he thought Bisping's counter aggression was fake too... when he realized it wasn't, that's when he really resented Bisping. Just my 2 cents anyway. And this goes with his comments about GSP... or anyone for that matter. He purported to hate Bisping and then after getting KTFO by him tried to go and congratulate him... obiously there was no real hatred from Luke's side at all, he was just going along with it.

I do agree that Miesha no doubt hated Ronda, but I can totally understand why. Ronda is a complete dick and sickeningly cocky... like over confident to a nauseating level.

I also think that for whatever reason, perhaps just competitive pride, Chuck & Tito also genuinely disliked each other. You could see on the TUF series they coached, Chuck is more of a strong silent real-talking tough guy whereas Tito is a loud-mouth brash asshole type - I think their personalities clashed and they had a great rivalry which I do believe was based on an element of truth.

Back