Video of me performing a new original song. Need feedback

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What's up guys.

Been a while since I've written a song or even really picked it up

This girl I used to mess around got in this terrible wreck and didn't even recognize me when i went to see her. Which is where I was at when i started writing it but I sorta got off topic.

I dunno tell me what you think.

Kind of reminds me of a young Neil Young...

I enjoyed it, post more please

Not too bad, but the lyrics need to be less literal.

Not too bad, but the lyrics need to be less literal.
Thanks for the honest response. Honestly I was fumbling on my words and ya I should focua harder on them before being contempt.

Thanks

What's up guys.

Been a while since I've written a song or even really picked it up

This girl I used to mess around got in this terrible wreck and didn't even recognize me when i went to see her. Which is where I was at when i started writing it but I sorta got off topic.

I dunno tell me what you think.

What type of water heater is that?

Man I thought that was really good, tbh

You have a great solo sound, you don’t need a drummer or anything else

I got a strong Jeff Buckley vibe at times- good shit

Post more if/when you can

Man I thought that was really good, tbh

You have a great solo sound, you don’t need a drummer or anything else

I got a strong Jeff Buckley vibe at times- good shit

Post more if/when you can
That's what I'm going for. Singer songwritters are way too often novice on their instrument. I'm the opposite, I had to learn how to sing and it's taken alot of dedication. I've been trying to be able to do it for a decade and only just now do I hear myself and like the way I sound

Thanks for the listen man..

Last edited:
I did not enjoy that. For one, the lyrics are wayyy too literal, and for two, I don't like your voice and the unneccesary inflection you impart.

Then again, I lived with a singer songwriter for years and really can't stand listening to most people who want to be musicians. So it's probably not you.

I did not enjoy that. For one, the lyrics are wayyy too literal, and for two, I don't like your voice and the unneccesary inflection you impart.

Then again, I lived with a singer songwriter for years and really can't stand listening to most people who want to be musicians. So it's probably not you.

Heh. Me too. My buddy thought he was the next Dylan. Used to write the most horrible sad face shit. One time though he got into reggae. He grew these shitty dreadlocks, got a Jamaican t-shirt and started every conversation with yah man. I was sure it was only a matter of time before he got us beaten up. He probably would've been less offensive if he'd just covered himself in shoe polish.

Heh. Me too. My buddy thought he was the next Dylan. Used to write the most horrible sad face shit. One time though he got into reggae. He grew these shitty dreadlocks, got a Jamaican t-shirt and started every conversation with yah man. I was sure it was only a matter of time before he got us beaten up. He probably would've been less offensive if he'd just covered himself in shoe polish.
Yea I got that bandicoot guy on ignore (from a totally different topic) so your post had me confused.

All good, I dislike just about all the music I hear I get it. You same guys see me posting these videos. I just guage the response on new material and how to make it better. This is an honest bunch.

Your friend sounds stupid

Last edited:
Yea I got that bandicoot guy on ignore (from a totally different topic) so your post had me confused.

All good, I dislike just about all the music I hear I get it. You same guys see me posting these videos. I just guage the response on new material and how to make it better. This is an honest bunch.

Your friend sounds stupid

Calm down bud I wasn't criticising you. Didn't even mention you. I was just responding to the guy talking about how he lived with a wannabe songwriter, cos I had the same thing.

Yes, my friend sounded stupid. That's because he was stupid. It was kind of the point of the story.

It’s not bad. It’s just that there’s an oversaturation of this type of music. Like 75% of all aspiring singer/songwriters sound like this. Kinda like how some pop songs would be a lot more enjoyable if you didn’t hear them in every restaurant/cafe/gym/store/bar you walk into

Back