Video of Lomachenko preparing for Sosa (April 8th)

Kovalev's "Man Bag"

Threat Actor
@Silver
Reaction score
Drilling to further hone his hand speed, foot speed & reflexes. This is a 3½ minute video demonstrating
  • Shoeshining (very rapid intensity on the flurries)
  • Shadowboxing
  • Cross-Step Shuffling
  • Slipping
  • Shuffling
  • Bobbing & Weaving

This is really nice bag work. Beautiful explosive combos utilizing his footwork & angles while working the bag at different levels with a full punch selection from various ranges. Also a 3½ minute video.

his handspeed, jesus christ

There was someone on YouTube that commented on the video and said that it looked like an oscillating fan. Another guy thought that the footage was edited (to speed it up). It is, but the opposite. It's slowed down so it looks less blurry in some of those sequences.

Here's part of the same video but from a different camera angle on that last round of his hand speed drills. Note the acceleration and not so much the top speed he can reach. It's more noticeable when he's fresh but this wasn't the beginning of his workout. The full workout is on YouTube.

Last edited:
His hand speed demonstration gives credence in my eyes to the correlation Ive heard between drummers and boxers. I saw a man concentrated on coordinated muscle memory and a cyclic motion that more or less he double times at one point. Ive heard the two correlated by the feeling a jazz improv drumming and living in time in the heat of the moment, but I see stuff that reminds me more of extreme metal drummers when he drills, I know that's a weird comparison, but the "half time into double time" hand demo really reminded me of 16ths into 32ths around 120 bpm, lol.

I hope they are paying Sosa well.

I hope so too because he stepped up and had to vacate his WBA Regular title to take this fight (he was mandated to fight WBA Super champ, Corrales). All that I know is that he said the offer was "life changing". To him maybe it is but I don't know the amount, we'll know after the fight when they disclose the purses. Lomachenko made his first 1 million $ payday in his last fight against Walters. Against Martinez he made 850k which is a lot of money for a lighter weight fighter, especially so early in his pro career.

His hand speed demonstration gives credence in my eyes to the correlation Ive heard between drummers and boxers. I saw a man concentrated on coordinated muscle memory and a cyclic motion that more or less he double times at one point. Ive heard the two correlated by the feeling a jazz improv drumming and living in time in the heat of the moment, but I see stuff that reminds me more of extreme metal drummers when he drills, I know that's a weird comparison, but the "half time into double time" hand demo really reminded me of 16ths into 32ths around 120 bpm, lol.

I've heard the same thing about drummers. It's probably true. There's likely at least some scientific backing to it. I wonder what a guy like Travis Barker would be capable of. He's not the fastest drummer of course but he's one of the most well known over the years and has had a lot of exposure.

Last edited:
I hope so too because he stepped up and had to vacate his WBA Regular title to take this fight (he was mandated to fight WBA Super champ, Corrales). All that I know is that he said the offer was "life changing". To him maybe it is but I don't know the amount, we'll know after the fight when they disclose the purses. Lomachenko made his first 1 million $ payday in his last fight against Walters. Against Martinez he made 850k which is a lot of money for a lighter weight fighter, especially so early in his pro career.

I've heard the same thing about drummers. It's probably true. There's likely at least some scientific backing to it. I wonder what a guy like Travis Barker would be capable of. He's not the fastest drummer of course but he's one of the most well known over the years and has had a lot of exposure.

I was thinking Loma would be a GOD on drums, lol

I was thinking Loma would be a GOD on drums, lol

He already has the tats. He could grow his hair out and find a band. Maybe do a gig and juggle the sticks. He can juggle tennis balls so flipping the sticks and doing those sort of tricks would likely be easy for him to pick up.

Back