Video of bruce lee doing wing chun

Bruce Lee abandoned that shit because he realized it's crap.

I was impressed with the foot speed, then I noticed the video had been speeded up

I was under the impression he simply took the moves from Wing Chung that worked best for him and discarded the rest. Like everything else he tried and experimented with. Isn't that what Jeet Kune Do is about?

Quite a few of these moves showed up in his movies...

I was under the impression he simply took the moves from Wing Chung that worked best for him and discarded the rest. Like everything else he tried and experimented with. Isn't that what Jeet Kune Do is about?

Quite a few of these moves showed up in his movies...

That IS correct. And even beyond his development of JKD, he always had a huge respect for Yip Man and the general practice of WC.

BTW, he was dismissive of his Jun Fan because he felt it took too long to beat the shit out of a guy. lol

I use some stuff from wing chun in clinching

When I watch videos like the one above with mustache guy, I wish Jack Johnson was still around:

I mean, too bad no one told him what a colossal waste of time those hand motions were, he could have done so much better.

He was a treat to watch ... Thanks for posting the vídeos.

I think people under estimate how much a bare knuckle hurts. I saw a really sloppy arm punch by luke rockhold hurt machida. it was a backfirst, so i think these type of punches could def hurt someone.

They also have a tendency to assume that every fight happens between two people who know what they're doing to some extent. They don't, most fights happen between people who don't know anything.

Back