NINTENDO SWITCH (formerly Nintendo NX): 9th Gen Nintendo Console, Successor to Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerzey devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
@Gold
Reaction score
Too soon? Never. Admitted Nintendo fanboy here so I'll be getting the NX on day one regardless, but I'll admit my expectations have been curbed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10...nt page)&utm_content=30&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Nintendo is apparently sending out dev kits for its upcoming NX console, revealing new details about the system.

The Wall Street Journal claims sources are saying the console will come with "industry-leading chips" to ensure it can compete with PS4 and Xbox One and coax back third-party developers, as well as a "mobile unit that could either be used in conjunction with the console or taken on the road for separate use".

What I hear is that it can function as a console or a tablet. It's using a low power version of the chips that are in the Xbox One. It's AMD who is providing the chips and it could have embedded ram on chip like 4 gigs. The ram is going to be shared by the GPU and the CPU so the console is not going to be as powerful as the XBox One but offer mobility. It took so long because it is using HBM technology. Nitendo decided to focus more on mobility this time around then console gaming.

I was going to get a Wii U after Christmas, not sure what to do now. If they drop in price I might get one anyway for a couch co op machine.

What I hear is that it can function as a console or a tablet. It's using a low power version of the chips that are in the Xbox One. It's AMD who is providing the chips and it could have embedded ram on chip like 4 gigs. The ram is going to be shared by the GPU and the CPU so the console is not going to be as powerful as the XBox One but offer mobility. It took so long because it is using HBM technology. Nitendo decided to focus more on mobility this time around then console gaming.

needs to be more powerful or it will fall short again..

I'm interested to see what direction they take. A powerful yet practical gaming system with some great exclusives and decent 3rd party support could do a lot for them.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again...they should have had something NX related at E3...huge opportunity to start up some buzz about it...instead, they had what many critics felt was the worst E3 conference...

Never picked up a Wii U might give the NX a try.

I'm fucking pumped if they can surpass or equal PS4 power. But I do question how they are going to handle their new console's generation when PS5 is just around the corner once this thing comes out late 2016/early 2017.

Their problem will be that they are going to enter a generation late once again, just like the Wii U. And they will likely face a similar fate.

Nintendo sucks only worth while game is SSB. This just looks like Nintendo still wants to hit that Homerun they did with the wii hoping one of their stupid niche products will do it.

I haven't even bought a WII U yet, I love nintendo but damn!!

Will probably buy day 1. I love the idea of off screen play having kids. I would play my Wii U more, but there aren't a ton of games right now that I have a ton of interest in. Graphically, I'm okay with what the Wii U is dishing out. Now if was not only off screen play, but I could bring it along on trips that would be pretty rad.

Now if they decided to start using tablet controls for games and got rid standard controls I would change my tune.

But for the love of god, get rid of that shitty OS. I have the bubbly shit they did for Wii/Wii U and 3DS.

And stop making me do every fucking thing with my Gamepad. I enter the settings and I have to grab the damn thing. I enter the store and I can only continue using the Gamepad. How annoying is that??

I like my X1 and don't use my Kinect. I like my Wii U and I don't want to use my Gamepad. Unless playing a game with it. But the Wii U forces you to use it.

I'm fucking pumped if they can surpass or equal PS4 power. But I do question how they are going to handle their new console's generation when PS5 is just around the corner once this thing comes out late 2016/early 2017.

Their problem will be that they are going to enter a generation late once again, just like the Wii U. And they will likely face a similar fate.

For some reason I don't see the PS5 dropping before 2020.

Nintendo sucks only worth while game is SSB. This just looks like Nintendo still wants to hit that Homerun they did with the wii hoping one of their stupid niche products will do it.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

But for the love of god, get rid of that shitty OS. I have the bubbly shit they did for Wii/Wii U and 3DS.

And stop making me do every fucking thing with my Gamepad. I enter the settings and I have to grab the damn thing. I enter the store and I can only continue using the Gamepad. How annoying is that??

I like my X1 and don't use my Kinect. I like my Wii U and I don't want to use my Gamepad. Unless playing a game with it. But the Wii U forces you to use it.

Yeah I hate the WiiU OS. I've heard that the people who make the Android OS are helping with the NX OS but it's all rumors at this point. It would make sense considering how portable they apparently want this to be and I do remember rumors a while ago about how the NX was going to be android based.

Just hoping the NX isn't all about motion controls like the Wii was. The Wii U has a good balance with the gamepad.

I'm taking the wait and see approach. I hope Nintendo delivers a strong machine. I always loved Nintendo growing up and I haven't had a Nintendo console in my place for a while.

Yeah I hate the WiiU OS. I've heard that the people who make the Android OS are helping with the NX OS but it's all rumors at this point. It would make sense considering how portable they apparently want this to be and I do remember rumors a while ago about how the NX was going to be android based.

Oh, I really hope that is true. They make excellent games, but ever since games had OS and it wasn't straight to game, or whatever, I don't really like anything Nintendo has done. I guess each console has an OS but yeah, they need to work on that.

For some reason I don't see the PS5 dropping before 2020.

Hmm. I don't know. I definitely think 2018 announcement, 2019 release? It's possible. We'll see.

Hopefully full backwards compatibility for any new console to come though. Very important. We should never have to deal with that shit again.

Oh, I really hope that is true. They make excellent games, but ever since games had OS and it wasn't straight to game, or whatever, I don't really like anything Nintendo has done. I guess each console has an OS but yeah, they need to work on that.

Hmm. I don't know. I definitely think 2018 announcement, 2019 release? It's possible. We'll see.

Hopefully full backwards compatibility for any new console to come though. Very important. We should never have to deal with that shit again.

Problem with backwards compatibility for wii u games is they need a gamepad with a screen for the new system too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back