Video: Nate Diaz hanging with B Real and female MR ED

I've never heard anyone say this in my 26 years of life outside of this mix martial arts forum.

You’re a Millenial dork ass hipster who couldn’t tell KRS One from Krusty the Klown. Cypress has been making music and being relevant since your parents made you to the music of Captain Jack.

You have no ducking idea you hipster Millenial. You probably think kanye is a rapper.

You’re a Millenial dork ass hipster who couldn’t tell KRS One from Krusty the Klown. Cypress has been making music and being relevant since your parents made you to the music of Captain Jack.

That really agitated you, huh?

LOL at the youngsters in here. Cypress Hill was a big deal back in the day. I consider their first album crucial.

The problem with rap is that it is heavily contemporary. It sounds cool for the teenagers and immature adults at the time, but after a few years it loses its appeal and the albums end up in used CD stores and remains hip only in the minds of the childish adults who refuse to grow up.

Man, this post brings back memories.

Cypress Hill was before Nu Metal, in fact they were the only cool rap group that bridged gangsta rap, dark gloom, and suburban skater rock stylings together.

B real also had one of the most distinct sounds at the time, just like with Easy E when you heard B reals flow you know it was him, unique as hell

Cypress hill is one of the staples I still listen to they never get old. I also love that Eazy E shit too.

Dr greenthumb that baseline

The problem with rap is that it is heavily contemporary. It sounds cool for the teenagers and immature adults at the time, but after a few years it loses its appeal and the albums end up in used CD stores and remains hip only in the minds of the childish adults who refuse to grow up.

Ha! There's some truth in that. I'm a reggae guy myself nowadays.

Cypress Hill was before Nu Metal, in fact they were the only cool rap group that bridged gangsta rap, dark gloom, and suburban skater rock stylings together.

B real also had one of the most distinct sounds at the time, just like with Easy E when you heard B reals flow you know it was him, unique as hell

Cypress hill is one of the staples I still listen to they never get old. I also love that Eazy E shit too.

Dr greenthumb that baseline

<{clintugh}><{clintugh}>

Westside Connection didn't steamroll anything mate, Cube was already way past his best at that point.

Cypress Hill were a legit crossover with stoner/skateboarding whites while still maintaining credibility in hip hop. It can be played now, Westside Connection can't.

B-Real, just like Cube, is a Hip Hop legend. You should be giving them a 9 ;)

Westside Connection did in fact steam roll them .. They clowned them through the album just like they did east coast. .. Was when East Vs. WEST was reaching its pinnacle ..

cube jacked Friday beat from b real too ..

I'm guessing from Mate the war didn't really reach as far as it did here on US soil ..

if you wasn't into gangsta rap then probably don't know that

I consider myself a pretty avid hip hop fan. I wouldn't call B-real a Legend.
blasphemy.gif

Nates making more than Conor probably in off season. His branded weed and papers in thousands of stores. All these club and new store appearances at 25-35K a pop. His clothing line.

Beg him Connie. He'll whoop your ass a third time.

I actually don't think it's JUST my opinion, I think if you asked other avid rap listeners, bloggers, web publications about the best rap albums of all time, I don't think Cyprus hill would come up very much at all. maybe on a top 100 but definitely not in a top 50 list of albums. I appreciate what they do for Latino culture though.
I'm with you man, there is only one real legend of rap from the 80s and 90s.

I don't know how to embed shit but thats the girls aint nothing but trouble song by Will Smith!

ps: oh it just works by itself? Fancy.

It doesn't cure you of all illness...

It just has some benefits with barely any withdrawals.

Its supposed that it might help with concussions.

Back