(video) Michael Chiesa "I say get rid of weight cutting" also talks Conor McGregor & more

Mike Chiesa was cornering for some fighter on Dana White's Contender Series last year and he looked like he weighed 200 lbs.

Weight cutting is the biggest farce in combat sports nowadays. Weigh ins just before the fight are the best solution. Every other option complicates the problem more.

Yeah...Chiesa totally walks around at 155lb? GTFO. About the only fighter that walks around close to their division weight in Frankie Edgar.

Dayum, Chiesas beard is taking on a life of its own.

Chiesa can get rid of it right now and fight fresh at 170.

Not sure why he's draining himself if he doesn't want to.

Weight cutting is the biggest farce in combat sports nowadays. Weigh ins just before the fight are the best solution. Every other option complicates the problem more.

These days? Weight cutting has been an integral part of boxing and several olympic and collegiate events for decades...

Yeah...Chiesa totally walks around at 155lb? GTFO. About the only fighter that walks around close to their division weight in Frankie Edgar.
Don't forget Colby 'Chaos' Covington who fights in his natural weight class like a true warrior.

Cutting weight. Is Normal advantage...

Whittaker was 189 the week leading up to the Romero fight
Bones is 215ish
TJ can make the weight class below his, though the guy is absolutely shredded

I would consider 10 lbs or less to be pretty small cuts

this mofo is like the biggest LW ever lol stfu mike

Whittaker was 189 the week leading up to the Romero fight
Bones is 215ish
TJ can make the weight class below his, though the guy is absolutely shredded

I would consider 10 lbs or less to be pretty small cuts
I agree with you fully. There are fighters that fight very "close" to their weight (10-15 pounds of their weight). I just wanted to cover the bases by saying that Edgar has fought at a very "true" natural weight before (155). He's a rarity. Everyone else has to suck a bit of water out of their body to squeeze into their weight class and then there are a grip of oversized guys that kill themselves to make weight (20+lbs) in order to maintain a size/strength advantage over their opponent.

Back