[Video] Mayweather v. Maidana highlights - what do you guys think?

So did the 160lbs + hurt Maidana in the later rounds. I told my buddy here during the fight that if Maidana tires just a bit in the later rounds then May will take over and in my head that is kind of what happened. Maybe Marcos not hydrating so much would have helped him

So did the 160lbs + hurt Maidana in the later rounds. I told my buddy here during the fight that if Maidana tires just a bit in the later rounds then May will take over and in my head that is kind of what happened. Maybe Marcos not hydrating so much would have helped him

He was throwing like a hundred punches per round. You just can't keep that up, even with exceptional cardio.

I'd almost say that Maidana's stamina looked a little better than it did against Broner or some of his other past fights. Considering he threw as many punches as he did (and missed a ton of them), I think his stamina was pretty impressive as he still managed to make most of the final few rounds fairly close at the very least.

Showtime is free this weekend, so hopefully I can watch the fight in HD. I do think Maidana is dirtier than I thought. Lost some respect for him there

Showtime is free this weekend, so hopefully I can watch the fight in HD. I do think Maidana is dirtier than I thought. Lost some respect for him there

Maidana has always fought like that against pretty much everyone. I don't mind it because that's part of boxing, but he oversteps the line quite a bit.

The game Floyd played @1:55 - 1:58 on the highlight is something that you can't & don't play with shot reflexes.

I dont know how to paste the video here but Mayweather's Facebook page has a quick video up.

Anyone who thinks he is slow or lost his legs should watch that video. Obviously, that wasnt the entire fight, but slow guys with no more legs cant fight like that.

Damn good highlight and a damn good fight.

Lol at people saying Floyd's legs and reflexes are gone. He is still fast as shit and accurate as ever. Such a great fight between Maidana's relentless, mauling reckless abandon and Floyd's sharp defense and pin point counters. That was a really, really enjoyable scrap.

That is bold.

Damn, don't remember seeing that punch @ 1:58.Give me some MX gloves behind that.

Only time he fouls is when he is being held or elbowed or something else. But continue ignoring Mayweathers fouls because they aren't as blatant.

Only time he fouls is when he is being held or elbowed or something else. But continue ignoring Mayweathers fouls because they aren't as blatant.

Youre such a piss poor troll.

Lol did Maidana retilate sometimes when Floyd held his arm in a lock, yes he did and Weeks was working hard all night.

However Maidana always fights rough. He's had 3 recent fights where he got deducted a point. I remember Garcia yelling, "fight dirty Chino." It was the right game plan because that's his only realistic chance to win the fight. It was fun but I am ready to see a new fighter get the match.

Khan can't fight over Ramadan unless he skips it which he should because he's getting the golden ticket. However if he doesn't get it, might as well let Danny get a fight but he may still be too green. He should have one bout at 147 before the Floyd showdown.

Maidana may be the only realistic opponent for Sept 2014.

Both Chino and Floyd gave as good as they got, All in all it was a fair fight. If anything, Floyd got the better of the gamesmanship on the night both inside and outside of the ring (Elbows, Forearms + bullying Maidana's camp out of using their gloves of choice).

The Refs were pretty consistent for the whole night in letting the fighters get physical with one another so neither guy should have been unprepared.

How could you miss this?...
[YT]S_T0SFelZeU [/YT]

lmao there were at least 3 low blows, all the holding, and then the Coleman double leg

He low blowed when Mayweather pushed his head down.

LOL he low blowed on purpose. Come on man you are reaching.

When maindana held floyds head down it made maidana attempt a knee

either way it was floyds fault :icon_chee

Goddamn Maidana fought much dirtier than I realized. Chino was using his head to butt Mayweather's gloves, thereby keeping May's guard less he risked being headbutted by that idiot. Countless rabbit punches, I've never seen a guy punch straight down once before, let alone 50 times. Tried to knee Money in the face at one point.

Sorry, you don't deserve a rematch if the only reason the fight was close was because the ref failed to do anything all night long.

Good highlight. Demonstrates both how much Floyd has slipped and how much his style played into the hands of Maidana's. I still had him up by 2 points though - crisper cleaner shots throughout. But can you imagine what a prime WW Tito Trinidad would have done to Maidana? He probably would have killed him.

Floyd was never that aggressive and he really lacks pop in his punches now more than ever. A loss is not far away and if he rematches Canelo at 152 or over then he probably gets stopped.

Back