[Video] Mayweather v. Maidana highlights - what do you guys think?

Good HL, well done. The best I've seen of the fight so far.

Nice highlight. Maidana is a beast.

Damn good highlight and a damn good fight.

Lol at people saying Floyd's legs and reflexes are gone. He is still fast as shit and accurate as ever. Such a great fight between Maidana's relentless, mauling reckless abandon and Floyd's sharp defense and pin point counters. That was a really, really enjoyable scrap.

Did Maidana only land when he had Floyd pinned on the ropes? I don't remember him getting many clean shots on Floyd otherwise.

Thx for sharing. Such an entertaining fight.

Did Maidana only land when he had Floyd pinned on the ropes? I don't remember him getting many clean shots on Floyd otherwise.

He caught him with a straight right in the 5th. Other than that, it was mostly on the ropes where he was catching Floyd here and there.

Yeah but it is still weird that two guys can punch each other hundreds of times over 36 minutes and neither of them even get rocked or dropped.

I thought Money hurt Maidana with a couple of body shots in two separate occasions. Makes me wonder how Maidana would've handled them if he didnt weigh 160 on fight night.

It was a good fight, more hugging and holding then usual but entertaining none the less.

Have watched the fight in entirety 3 times now and each time I still have floyd winning 7-8 rounds.

No rematch, new opponent.

He was also hit with some flush jabs...something we rarely ever see.

Maidana's most improved punch has been his jab..ever since he hooked up with Garcia.

I thought Money hurt Maidana with a couple of body shots in two separate occasions. Makes me wonder how Maidana would've handled them if he didnt weigh 160 on fight night.

well have fun thinking about that...:icon_neut

One of the best punches in the fight was Floyd's jab to Marco's mid-section, it threw Maidana off a lot

Nice vid....but you missed Maidana's takedown lol

Lol at people saying Floyd's legs and reflexes are gone. He is still fast as shit and accurate as ever.

The game Floyd played @1:55 - 1:58 on the highlight is something that you can't & don't play with shot reflexes.

Well done, I enjoyed it and have shared it.

He had an active, if not effective jab when they were in the middle of the ring. It wasn't landing a whole lot, but Mayweather wasn't countering over it at will (though he did counter it a fair bit), and it cut down Mayweather's workrate quite a bit. He still landed his right hand to the body a fair bit in the center of the ring, as well. Mayweather wasn't always blocking it. Overall, he was clearly second best in that area, though (as everyone in the world around Floyd's weight would be). When Mayweather backed him up with that jab to the body (which shouldn't be ignored in the scoring, by any means), Maidana couldn't do a whole lot. I said it a lot in the pbp during the fight, but this fight was reminiscent of Floyd back at SFW. Fighting that brand of fight (and Maidana didn't give him a great deal of choice, so I'm not chalking this fight up to Floyd just wanting to put on a show) is always going to be difficult when you're almost 40 and giving up nearly 20 pounds. The job that Robert Garcia has done with Maidana is definitely worthy of praise.

Last edited:
Back