(video) Gegard Mousasi on Rory MacDonald "Style wise its a good fight for me"

I don't like this fight for Rory, I see it as a one-sided beatdown. He won't be able to grapple with Mousasi and he will get dominated standing, huge power advantage for Mousasi and better hands. He'll probably finish within 2 rounds.

Fortunately Rory got clean reputation . But.
I was thinking why is Rory so confident in this bout where he loses in every aspect of mma on paper . You could hear from Rory's interview how he sees this fight as a overwhelming challenge . But the fighter woudn't be succesful if recklessness was always his trait of character . So what is his strategy ? Does he see something what we can't do ? I am really intrigued what is the idea from Rory .

That's what I'm talking about...Rory coming from a top camp and Firas and Rory going to come into this fight like it's basically a 170 fight.....yeah, ok- and Rory does have a good rep- along with Gegard being a nice guy, IDK - don't like it.
Let's put it to you this if Lawler came up to 185 to face gegard, Mousasi would be huge favorite and win 10/10 times...especially style wise.Im playing MMA math but Gegard is -230,-240 range which tells me Rory has a shot in this fight. If Gegard has one shortcoming in his game ,it's his mental and sometimes he comes in "off"- can't explain it. That and his td defense against elite larger wrestlers but has done a 180 in defending and getting to his feet [ weidman fight, beautiful thing].

I don't like this fight for Rory, I see it as a one-sided beatdown. He won't be able to grapple with Mousasi and he will get dominated standing, huge power advantage for Mousasi and better hands. He'll probably finish within 2 rounds.
Seems like good assessment, hope you're right.

Big fan of both. Gegard should win but it would be nice to see Rory collect the WW and MW titles in 2018.

I think Rory won't have any luck getting those TD's against Mousasi. The Moose is ground game is very strong and all round tight defense. If anything, I think Mousasi will make Rory keep the fight standing. Should be a good fight, but, don't expect any Ko/ tko.

I really like both guys. I'm okay with either winning.

Moose will jab his face all night long and bust up Rory’s nose again

When two fighters are relatively evenly matched, like these two, I typically side with the bigger guy. And Moose is a lot bigger.

Not being a dick, pure curiosity here: alot of WWs can beat Rory or alot of WWs can beat Moose?

I'm surprised you said what you said either way. I wouldn't pick against either of them all that often enough to confidently claim alot could beat either of them.

I mean, it's not a crazy statement. If Lima showed even an iota of fight IQ, he would have taken the decision over Rory. I like Lima, but he's not the best WW on the planet; I'd put him in the low top 10 which some people will argue about him being there at all, but it is what it is.

Not being a dick, pure curiosity here: alot of WWs can beat Rory or alot of WWs can beat Moose?

I'm surprised you said what you said either way. I wouldn't pick against either of them all that often enough to confidently claim alot could beat either of them.
I would say maybe a couple WW have a chance and it's not a good chance.

Respect the Moose you heathen
"I vant to do championship roond, I vaited patiently for my ooportunity. It has beeen so many years und I finally tell Dana und his fooking bold head I go to Bellator now."
--Gegard Mousasi

"I vant to do championship roond, I vaited patiently for my ooportunity. It has beeen so many years und I finally tell Dana und his fooking bold head I go to Bellator now."
--Gegard Mousasi
Can you speak multiple languages?

--Gegard Mousasi
From the last thread you made with ZERO responses

I basically have two more years. During that time I've been staying fit. I love where I was last year. I did 40 minutes of cardio every day, getting my heart rate up to around 170 and keeping it there, as well as lifting three times a week.

This round of courses is very demanding though, and is cutting into my time to work out. I don't play video games any more. Ever. I spend an unbelievable amount of time studying. Because of this I will need to adjust using diet.

To that end, I need advice. Tell me what I need to do to be lean and ripped.

37-year old male. 5'9 - 5'10.
Last year was around 150 lbs. Not entirely sure where I am now but I don't usually use the scale.

Advice for equipment would be appreciated too, such as monitors and fat percentage gauges.

Thanks guys

Back