VIDEO: Cat Zingano opens up about her husbands suicide

She still sounds pretty emotional about it and understandably so. I've had some pretty good friends who have gone down that road and it's tough as hell. But to have a spouse or immediate family member suicide is something I can't all the way fathom.

That's very brave of her to speak out. So many who suffer are not willing to ask for help, it's a very noble gesture to reach out and perhaps help others understand they aren't nearly as alone as they thought they were

Suicide is the most selfish fucking thing a person can do. I had my mother at 51 year old suffer with cancer in the last 2 months of her life try to cling to life for as long as she could. Saddest shit ever. Its been 18 months since she passed and i still think of her every day. It sucks. But suicide can be avoided. Get some help. People love you. I cam understand a homeless bum and child molestor killing themselves sure. But like a family man with a wife and kids? Come on.

Suicide is the most selfish fucking thing a person can do. I had my mother at 51 year old suffer with cancer in the last 2 months of her life try to cling to life for as long as she could. Saddest shit ever. Its been 18 months since she passed and i still think of her every day. It sucks. But suicide can be avoided. Get some help. People love you. I cam understand a homeless bum and child molestor killing themselves sure. But like a family man with a wife and kids? Come on.

Look man I feel sorry for your situation with your mother.. my father died at the same age died from Cancer.

But I think that's stupid rhetoric that suicide is "selfish"

if its so painful to live that you are willing to end your own life, Its not selfish to do it. It's selfish of their family members IMO to assume that the person should live through hell just for their feelings.

Look man I feel sorry for your situation with your mother.. my father died at the same age died from Cancer.

But I think that's stupid rhetoric that suicide is "selfish"

if its so painful to live that you are willing to end your own life, Its not selfish to do it. It's selfish of their family members IMO to assume that the person should live through hell just for their feelings.
feelings are all we got dude

feelings are all we got dude

for sure but my point is that if you expect somebody to keep living when they're living in a situation where they no longer want to live, because YOU want them to, I think that's selfish too.

I guess If you have a young child that's different but it's just such bad rhetoric that suicide is "selfish".

for sure but my point is that if you expect somebody to keep living when they're living in a situation where they no longer want to live, because YOU want them to, I think that's selfish too.

I guess If you have a young child that's different but it's just such bad rhetoric that suicide is "selfish".
well I agree its not good to vilify people.

A shame. Good vid.

Call me crazy but I still think 2013 Cat could've beaten Ronda if she didn't get that injury, and that Cat would still beat today's Nunes just like she did last time.

You don't seem to understand mental health much. It's usually not as easy as "just getting help." Often the help doesn't even work anyway. You mention you can imagine child molester killing himself..... but what about the victims of molestation? Or rape victims? War vets? Paramedics/doctors who see traumatic stuff every day?

It's hard to judge someone's thoughts on suicide unless you've lived a day in their life.

I gotta say tho... the one I don't get is dentists. They off themselves at record numbers, yet are in a profession of their choosing and make tons of money. That one always makes me wonder. Shoulda became breast surgeons, they'd be much happier.

You don't seem to understand mental health much. It's usually not as easy as "just getting help." Often the help doesn't even work anyway. You mention you can imagine child molester killing himself..... but what about the victims of molestation? Or rape victims? War vets? Paramedics/doctors who see traumatic stuff every day?

It's hard to judge someone's thoughts on suicide unless you've lived a day in their life.

I gotta say tho... the one I don't get is dentists. They off themselves at record numbers, yet are in a profession of their choosing and make tons of money. That one always makes me wonder. Shoulda became breast surgeons, they'd be much happier.

I can understand why dentists get so depressed.

somebody I know is the office administrator for a dental office.

Imagine becoming a doctor but not like the ones that people admire, ones that people pretty much unanimously hate. They put in all the work most other doctors do, but get none of the perks other than financial gain. Dental offices are hell man.

But addressing your main point, not only is it not as easy as "just getting help", often times the help that you're supposed to be getting is far too costly for you to even try it.

Most people can't spend 100$ an hour for multiple hours a week to sort their brain out. And then when they do spend money on it, a very large percentage of the time the "help" doesn't help at all, since mental health unfortunately isn't as clear and easy to work with as most physical illnesses.

He commited suicide because she cheated on him aka titanic sinks aka man lands on the moon.

Goddamn. That is savage. I can't bring myself to "like" this, but I respect the intellect. Neutral fist bump?
4687153_trainjerker_jpeg6b0953ab773dfedf8ed608db1463c0a2

The person is killing themselves just for their feelings. Unless it is Euthanasia for medical reasons which one can make a better argument for. Living, on the other hand, is about more than feelings.
It is about your future potential to improve the lives of countless other people.

Dentist kill themselves in record numbers, due to there exposure to Mercury Poisoning in their practice.

Back