Video breakdown of Manny Pacquiao's career do you agree or disagree with this boxing guy?

I just want to know how he had Vargas beating Pac. If that isn't trolling then he's the most ignorant fan I've ever encountered when it comes to scoring a fight.

I remember Pacquiao as a fierce monster in the ring. Pac was not the same guy in that fight, Vargas actually did pretty well and besides the knockdown in my opinion I had the fight closer than others, I don't think Manny won it impressively and its because he has one foot in boxing and one in politics, I tend to grade fighters on what they are capable of and Manny didn't live up to what he was capable of he was slower but eased off the gas.

Pacquiao has a tendency to show pity in fights, Louis CK talked about this several years ago, he said Manny has this nice guy thing to him, he does boxing for fun even when he fights he looks like a child punching a bag and smiling, Manny is just a poor guy who used boxing to earn a living as he got civilized that killer instinct was gone.

Its sad really imagine if Manny never lost that and was destroying guys up to this day? then there is no question on his greatness.

I miss the old Manny, I sometimes get mad watching him fight and back off guys like int he Bradley fight the first one he could have kept dropping flurries on the ropes but backed off. Nobody enjoys that when a guy just wants to win on points when that is not their style.

And please do not get mad at me, but Ive watched the Jeff Horn fight and Manny showed his age, Horn won the fight in my eyes Manny had an amazing comeback in round 9, but the fight was too rugged and hard to score, I had a hard time really scoring it in real time, but after watching it I had to give Horn most of the rounds because of intimidation even though Manny never really backed down, and went toe to toe with the bigger Horn, Horn was able to use his size and tangle and dirty box Manny something no other fighter was able to do.

I remember Pacquiao as a fierce monster in the ring. Pac was not the same guy in that fight, Vargas actually did pretty well and besides the knockdown in my opinion I had the fight closer than others, I don't think Manny won it impressively and its because he has one foot in boxing and one in politics, I tend to grade fighters on what they are capable of and Manny didn't live up to what he was capable of he was slower but eased off the gas.

Pacquiao has a tendency to show pity in fights, Louis CK talked about this several years ago, he said Manny has this nice guy thing to him, he does boxing for fun even when he fights he looks like a child punching a bag and smiling, Manny is just a poor guy who used boxing to earn a living as he got civilized that killer instinct was gone.

Its sad really imagine if Manny never lost that and was destroying guys up to this day? then there is no question on his greatness.

I miss the old Manny, I sometimes get mad watching him fight and back off guys like int he Bradley fight the first one he could have kept dropping flurries on the ropes but backed off. Nobody enjoys that when a guy just wants to win on points when that is not their style.

And please do not get mad at me, but Ive watched the Jeff Horn fight and Manny showed his age, Horn won the fight in my eyes Manny had an amazing comeback in round 9, but the fight was too rugged and hard to score, I had a hard time really scoring it in real time, but after watching it I had to give Horn most of the rounds because of intimidation even though Manny never really backed down, and went toe to toe with the bigger Horn, Horn was able to use his size and tangle and dirty box Manny something no other fighter was able to do.

You said in your other thread that Vargas beat or should have beaten Pacquiao. Vargas himself never said he thought that he won that fight. Why? He got maybe 4 rounds at best, 5 is a stretch. Manny also had that knockdown. Who fans and media thought won was never in question after they went the distance. Pac is at the end of his career and is still fighting Welterweights. Pac isn't a natural Welterweight and hasn't finished anyone since 2009 (Cotto - TKO). You can talk about a lack of killer instinct all you want but that isn't part of the scoring criteria. Louis CK is a creeper who just lost his career. He's not a reputable/credible boxing historian or analyst, he's a comedian that likes to masturbate in front of women. The Horn fight was what it was. Consider where they were fighting and Horn's government backing. He made it competitive (lots of grime in that fight from Horn), despite nearly being finished in the 9th, and that's all he needed to do to get the win in his backyard.

It's great that you have your own scoring ideology pertaining specifically to Pac but in reality that isn't what's used in professional boxing to score fights. The criteria has been established and both fighters are judged based on its 4 criterion. They don't use the TidWell method of scoring to determine a winner when it favors a fighter that he likes more than the other.

Last edited:
It's getting to the point where I kind of hope TS is trolling because if he isn't, then it would appear he has a pretty problematic personality disorder. Of course, putting this much effort into terrible trolling might itself be a sign of a personality disorder, so who knows?

You said in your other thread that Vargas beat or should have beaten Pacquiao. Vargas himself never said he thought that he won that fight. Why? He got maybe 4 rounds at best, 5 is a stretch. Manny also had that knockdown. Who fans and media thought won was never in question after they went the distance. Pac is at the end of his career and is still fighting Welterweights. Pac isn't a natural Welterweight and hasn't finished anyone since 2009 (Cotto - TKO). You can talk about a lack of killer instinct all you want but that isn't part of the scoring criteria. Louis CK is a creeper who just lost his career. He's not a reputable/credible boxing historian or analyst, he's a comedian that likes to masturbate in front of women. The Horn fight was what it was. Consider where they were fighting and Horn's government backing. He made it competitive (lots of grime in that fight from Horn), despite nearly being finished in the 9th, and that's all he needed to do to get the win in his backyard.

It's great that you have your own scoring ideology pertaining specifically to Pac but in reality that isn't what's used in professional boxing to score fights. The criteria has been established and both fighters are judged based on its 4 criterion. They don't use the TidWell method of scoring to determine a winner when it favors a fighter that he likes more than the other.

LOL dam you guys are ruthless on here, you went in dry on louis ck, despite his perversions the man is a huge boxing head, he spars and has been following the sport and hanging around gyms for years.

As far as my scoring criteria have you watched that old episode of The Fight Game with jim lampley? they interviewed the one judge from the Pacquiao vs Bradley fight, he said the reason he didnt give the fight to Pacquiao is the old Manny would have finished him so he scored the fight off that he said if this was the old Manny who was ferocious he would have done Bradley in instead he backed out so he had to score against Manny or something of that sort and this guy is a credible long time boxing judge I think his name was duane ford or something like that. He scored the fight with the old Manny in mind is that wrong or not this guy was a judge

I was at the Horn fight, going for Manny, my knee jerk reaction was robbery but I've watched the fight 6 times now and Horn did enough to win it. Pacquiao gave away too many rounds at the start.

I was at the Horn fight, going for Manny, my knee jerk reaction was robbery but I've watched the fight 6 times now and Horn did enough to win it. Pacquiao gave away too many rounds at the start.
Exactly you have to watch it a second time, but the first time it was HARD to score.

Manny couldnt pull the trigger and was getting out muscled for the first time, Manny is done his next fight he might loose badly or the corner stops it, his heart is not in it anymore and hasnt been for the past 5 years, but he is so impressive who the hell can still bang at the top level while being a full time politician these young boxers have no excuses man they just box yet they are garbage and dont give their all like Adrien Broner the guy has no job but to box and wastes his talent being lazy.

LOL dam you guys are ruthless on here, you went in dry on louis ck, despite his perversions the man is a huge boxing head, he spars and has been following the sport and hanging around gyms for years.

As far as my scoring criteria have you watched that old episode of The Fight Game with jim lampley? they interviewed the one judge from the Pacquiao vs Bradley fight, he said the reason he didnt give the fight to Pacquiao is the old Manny would have finished him so he scored the fight off that he said if this was the old Manny who was ferocious he would have done Bradley in instead he backed out so he had to score against Manny or something of that sort and this guy is a credible long time boxing judge I think his name was duane ford or something like that. He scored the fight with the old Manny in mind is that wrong or not this guy was a judge

I don't follow Louis CK beyond the sexual allegations he's recently been accused of, confessed to and apologized for. He might as well be another Joe Rogan (minus the sexual impropriety) but without the MMA training, TKD background and physique. If Jim Carrey wanted to talk boxing most people wouldn't care how informed he was, or if he was at all. Why? It isn't his profession. His profession is to be a stooge onscreen and he's a damn talented one as an A-list comedic actor.

Being a judge doesn't necessarily make you reputable, either. It just means that you received the necessary training in order to become certified for selection to work fights starting from the bottom and working your way up to title fights (4/6/8/10/12 rds). Just look at Adalaide Byrd if you disagree. Harold Lederman was a judge who started in the 60's and has officially scored over 100 fights including many title fights around the world to his name. He's regularly criticized, to a substantial degree rightfully so, for his unofficial scorecards on HBO (scoring for the aggressor is the most common complaint & having his card too wide in their favor) just as Ross & Ford were widely criticized in the first Pac-Bradley fight. Roth was also criticized but not like them since he narrowly scored it for Pac.

The heavy majority of fans & media "pundits" thought that Ross & Ford got it wrong that night. The majority likely happens to be right more often than the minority. Ever seen "Who Wants to be a Millionaire"? When a contestant uses the "ask the audience" lifeline the majority is far more often right than they are wrong. That's the majority rules doctrine being applied to assist in answering the question (two heads are better than one & probability). In the first Pac-Bradley fight the dissenter of the judging panel was seen as correct (as far as who should've earned the nod) by the large majority of fans & media. It's been the single most referenced "robbery" over the last 5 years. It's also been the boxing industry's gold standard by which other highly controversial decisions are comparatively weighed against to measure how bad the decision was publicly perceived to be.

If you're judging with a fair amount of weight placed on a fighter's style then you'll inherently introduce more subjectivity into your scoring which is a negative, not a positive. As a hypothetical, if two fighters are making their pro debuts and Ford happened to be judging that night knowing nothing about either, how is he going to discern if either fighter is fighting like they normally would/are known for (ie., when they were amateurs or even semi-pros, if applicable)? Styles aren't static they're dynamic for fighters that can employ multiple and switch between them (which is common especially at the highest level in boxing). They can change as part of a strategic gameplan going into the fight and/or change based on in-fight adjustments that are made when that style isn't working or working well enough. Yet, some judges, particularly in Nevada, still have a preference (increased subjectivity at play once again) for a certain style or sub-style. If we're talking the "style of the fight" as to how it's playing out (ebb & flow) then that's a different subject.

Last edited:
Totally, random guy in the car at gas station ranting about HOF fighter with legendary career, I'd take his word any day

Back