(Video) BJ Penn - I Still Love Fighting

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Can't doubt the mans heart or fighting spirit - He was born a warrior.

Unfortunately, father time waits for no man.

Does the legend have one more great fight left in him?

He says he will stop Siver within 1 or 2 rounds.

Legend and pioneer of the sport. Hope he rides off into the wind with a great fight.

$

Can't wait for another shoop thread.

Sad to see BJ not moving on from the fight game when its time

BJ may still love fighting, but fighting doesn't love him back.

I hope he does well on this one.

Can't doubt the mans heart or fighting spirit - He was born a warrior.

Unfortunately, father time waits for no man.

Does the legend have one more great fight left in him?

He says he will stop Siver within 1 or 2 rounds.

This is a winnable fight for him. BJ waited too long to find that hard level of training. Should have been a LW GOAT by a mile. Defended the belt over and over..

Still talking about being a three division champ? I guess sometimes it's that irrational self-belief that can make a fighter great in the first place.

I hope he loves eating blended subway sandwiches with a straw :(

People really need to learn when to hand it up

As a huge fan I'm afraid for him if he wins this fight because he will keep fighting and most likely fight guys he has no business fighting at this point, like we have seen a lot from him in the past few years :(

that being said BJ by RNC round 1

im not a penn hater, but i am a detractor--i dont think he was teh LW goat, i think he was overrated, and i think he ruled a weak division.

I also think that is status and his rankings were significantly assisted by his cult like following.

having said all that, i do think that penn is a pure fighter--i dont think he respected his potential or the sport enough by training properly or to a level he should or could have, but the guy was born to fight.

as far as tough guy fighters-- loves to scrap, will scrap whoever whereever, and just a tough guy that is born to fight, penn is near the top of the list.

as far as tough guy scrappers, i think penn is up there with guys like robbie lawlor and don frye and chuck liddell.

i hope this makes some sense.

I REALLY hope this is his last fight.

BJ and Diego are guys that I'm really scared for with all the brain trauma they've accumulated over the years. I respect BJ going out on his shield but after that third Frankie fight he should have retired.

Back