Video. Bagwork after mt session

Very clean and smooth bagwork (and uneventful, as someone else here described your videos lol).

By the way...a bit off topic, you should have the announcer announce you as Frode "Bagwork 25/9" Falch like how Corey Anderson was "Beastin 25/8" (before he gave in and changed his nickname to "Overtime").

Keep your hands up. That's a very bad habit to get into as you'll sure as hell do it when tired in a fight.

I dont bother with a high guard when i work the bag.

Boxing could use some polishing. Transfer weight better and finish punching chains with 100% behind the final strike, don't half-ass them. Pivot more when throwing a cross and keep the shoulder up as passive protection. Also, maintain some distance when jabbing. In this video, your jab impacts at half the ROM that a well-extended, spearing jab should. Non-punching hand should stay glued to the cheek and you should keep the chin tucked, especially during combos.
Aside from that, kicking technique is looking good.

My kicks look fucking horrible in that video. That was the only part that made me angry watching the recording when i came home after practice.

I dont bother with a high guard when i work the bag.
How you train is how you fight, buddy.

I also noticed, you kind of reset and walk to a better angle instead of pivoting or "work" your way to the better angle.

How you train is how you fight. You train half ass, you will fight half ass.

How you train is how you fight, buddy.

I also noticed, you kind of reset and walk to a better angle instead of pivoting or "work" your way to the better angle.

How you train is how you fight. You train half ass, you will fight half ass.

Dont agree. Nothing wrong with having a relaxed guard fight stance during bagwork. Not many advanced guys do a text book high guard during heavybag session.

I gonna go as far as saying this: IMO 100 % correct by the book guard during heavybag, will take away alot of what you are gonna get out of training on the bag.

Also:

Many different styles what work for each fighter.

My kicks look fucking horrible in that video. That was the only part that made me angry watching the recording when i came home after practice.

Looks like Karate/Dutch/Kyokushin type kicks vs Thai.

my two cents...keep your hands up, even when hitting the bag. have the mindset to be ready to defend. good habit, you know?

my two cents...keep your hands up, even when hitting the bag. have the mindset to be ready to defend. good habit, you know?

Its not that its plain wrong to give that advice. But its not for me. Its to late to change. I am almost 39 years old. And that high double guard is just not my style.

I have okay / good defense. I use footwork, distanse, timing, head movement, shoulder roll, and counters, before standard guard Blocking.

And working the bag, i focus on being loose, fluid, and just getting my reps done. If that make any sense.

Gonna have to agree with all the other gentlemen here. There's a reason why even pros continue to get caught cleanly by wild haymakers/counters and it's mostly because they drop their hands.

I still do that horrible hand dropping and I'm working on it 24/7 with my bag, sparring, mitts, etc.

It definitely won't happen in the first round, or even second, but when you start getting tired your technique will start going out the window.

Might as well never do it EVER so that your body continues that tradition and doesn't do it in a fight.

Well i can understand why you guys say that. And its not a wrong argument. Not at all.

Its just not something i gonna change anyway.

Sorry if i come across like a douche. I know you guys mean well. And thanks for that.

No douche mate just when you ask for opinions expect people to give them and if they're decent an honest one.

I'm no expert that's for sure and its your head but I wouldn't put much stock on videos taken for promotional purposes. Also Manny and Floyd have boxed all their lives and are/were at the pinnacle of the sport. They can afford certain liberties, the rest of us peasants can't in my opinion anyway.

Well i can understand why you guys say that. And its not a wrong argument. Not at all.

Its just not something i gonna change anyway.

Sorry if i come across like a douche. I know you guys mean well. And thanks for that.

No we get it man. It's one of those things that are just a part of who we are as a fighter.

I have the same issue with my coaches trying to get me to move a certain way and I just plainly don't like to, nor care for it.

If it feels right for you and works out for you then by all means do it. Also just to add, like Mon said, using pro fighters as references as to whether something is right or wrong doesn't mean much.

Thai fighters have pretty bad punch defence compared to boxers and kickboxers. If Thai guys keep their hands down during parts of training, well that's their problem, doesn't have to be yours or ours.

Especially since you keep your hands low, I'd incorporate a lot more head movement into the heavy bag drills. Now for the most part you have your chin up, hands low, and head almost completely stationary.

geeze too many keep your hands up comments lol

and yes i hold my hands low as well haha

Back