***VIDEO: Aljamain "Funk Master" Sterling SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
*****This is a Q&A for UFC Bantamweight, Aljamain Sterling! The Funk Master himself has finished answering all your questions and posted below are two videos (Pt.1 & 2) of Aljamain answering your questions! Enjoy Everyone!*****

Pt. 1

Pt. 2

Aljamain Sterling is the #4 ranked Bantamweight in the UFC & will be facing #8 ranked Bantamweight, Bryan Caraway in his next fight in the Fight Pass Prelim Headliner of UFC Fight Night 88 on May 29th.

WFzsSZP3.jpg

Sterling holds a 12-0 MMA record with notable wins over the likes of Johnny Eduardo and Takeya Mizugaki. He trains with the Serra-Longo fight team alongside former UFC Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman and UFC Lightweight Contender Al Iaquinta.

JoyousClearcutBandicoot.gif

Last edited:
Not looking past Caraway, but who would you want to fight at MSG in November?

What's good, Sterling? Big fan and I got to know, being a top 5 bantamweight what's your stance on the possibility of the UFC merging the flyweight division with yours?

Last edited:
Who's the greatest GIF maker that you follow like a hawk on twitter?

Al's a buddy he'll get a chuckle

Now to a serious question after beating Bryan Caraway who do you hope to fight next? Dont give no generic answer like "Anyone the UFC puts in front of me" or "Im not looking ahead of Bryan Caraway" Who next? TJ Dillashaw/Raphael Assunção Winner or are you just gonna bypass them and ask right for the champ?

and a 2nd one if I many. Besides the UFC contract you accepted. Who came in 2nd.

Thanks Al and much love!

Care to channel your inner 'Mystic Funk' and give us a prediction on how/when your fight with Caraway ends? Or will you stick to your plan of squeezing his head like a coconut with your biceps?

Last edited by a moderator:
How often do you train in datch gi, and do you see any holes in Bryan Caraway's ground game that you think you can exploit?

I don't have a question.

Just wanted to say that I think you're a boss and good luck against Caraway.

Where do you think a victory over Caraway puts you as far as title contention goes? Where does it put you in the so called "title picture?"

What was your favorite hobby as a kid, and what is your favorite hobby today outside of the mma world?

Wow. This fight is going to be a ground war. No question.

Ahh shit, never mind, I do have a question. This fight is an amazing match up and it is on FP, do you like headlining for FP or would you rather be on free television or a PPV?

Your fight with Caraway has the highest ranking fighters of the card and is arguably the most relevant to the title scene of any division involved on the card. It also is the only fight on the card with any bad blood/extended fight hype.

Do you think that your fight could've worked as the main event? Do you believe that it should've been televised?

Dear Aljamain,

please tell us how you really feel about Sage and his treatment in the ufc so far.

Who's the greatest GIF maker that you follow like a hawk on twitter?

Al's a buddy he'll get a chuckle

Now to a serious question after beating Bryan Caraway who do you hope to fight next? Dont give no generic answer like "Anyone the UFC puts in front of me" or "Im not looking ahead of Bryan Caraway" Who next? TJ Dillashaw/Raphael Assunção Winner or are you just gonna bypass them and ask right for the champ?

and a 2nd one if I many. Besides the UFC contract you accepted. Who came in 2nd.

Thanks Al and much love!
Zp... You exist again? When did this happen.

with being ranked number four in the division, and having an amazing record and amazing wins, plus being undefeated, do you feel you are being overlooked and maybe even snubbed by the ufc here?

I am a big fan, from he east coast, and would love to see you on the televised portions.. you deserve it

Most of us only see what Dana White is like in press conferences, interviews, etc. How is he personally as your boss? Do you two have any type of contact or do you usually deal with other UFC officials? Is he as abrasive as he makes himself out to be to the press or is he down to earth?

How close were you to signing with Bellator after your last contract expired?

Are you going all in funk for this fight Aljo?

Suppose Frankie Edgar dropped to 135. How would a fight between the two of you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back