(video) Alistair Overeem talks possible fight with Cain Velasquez & predicts JDS vs. Ngannou | Page 3

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MMA Crazy TV, Jul 16, 2017 at 7:08 PM.

1. One MMA Fan Cain

One MMA Fan
    She is actually a really big Stipe fan.. all she wants is for Stipe to get his fair respect, no more "but Werdum ran at him, Reem almost beat him, JDS is no longer what he was, AA is a ghost that polish dude beat him lol... who has he really beat HUH, Struve KO'ed him lel this is the HW champ".. that bullshit narrative that is said a lot in this forum Stipe ain't getting the love and respect of a multiple defending champion going for the UFC HW record.

She would love to see Stipe vs Cain because she thinks Cain will make it competitive but will lose and Stipe will brake a record on the back of Cain making it all that more important and solidifying him as the real NR. 1 no more questions asked unless you a hater.

I know her game :D cause I got it the same but in reverse with a Cain win .. sneaky @g*r*b , now let her be she is probably watching GOT rooting for Sansa. :D

g*r*b likes this.
  2. faustian THE LOOSE CANNON

faustian
    Even tho I disagree with you on Cain itt, I will say that you're what true fans of fighters are supposed to be

One MMA Fan likes this.
  3. Rogerdraven Purple Belt

Rogerdraven
    HW is such garbage right now that Overeem, after getting KO'd against Stipe and nearly KO'd against Werdum is the #1 contender for beating a 42 year old Mark Hunt (who loses about 50% of his fights) and dancing like a robot against Werdum. The ufc sucks at developing new talent, especially at HW. After they ran out of orgs to buy, they couldn't bring in other name HWs anymore.

faustian likes this.
  4. g*r*b Sansa Belt

g*r*b

Oh, I never said that Cain deserved it...merely that he's maybe the default choice for it. If Rothwell and Barnett weren't on USADA sabbatical, if Derrick Lewis hadn't lost his last, if Ngannou wasn't a touch too new to the scene, maybe the conversation would be different.

As OneMMAFan says, I'm a Stipe fan. He's wrong though in thinking I think Cain WILL lose—I'm a fan but not a fortuneteller, I NEVER predict these things. But as long as the meeting never happens, there will always be a cloud of "what if?" hanging over Stipe's record. Even though there's been strenuous attempts of late to belittle his career, Cain is still a name to be reckoned with. He's the last of the "previous guard" available in the UFC to face and (I hope) supplant.

Should he lose to Stipe...well, we will still have people quibbling and wanting to insert asterisks, arguing that Cain was past his prime, eaten away by his injuries, it doesn't count yadda yadda yadda. I'm okay with that; it'll be better than what we have now.

But really, the main reason I want to see Cain against Stipe is simple and selfish. I just want to learn what would happen!!!

One MMA Fan likes this.
  5. teamfox223 Purple Belt

teamfox223
    Love to see Stipe vs Cain fan of both fighters. Both fighter styles makes for a fight of the year candidate.

Thepaintbucket and One MMA Fan like this.
  6. One MMA Fan Cain

One MMA Fan
    [​IMG]

g*r*b likes this.
  7. Roukas Yellow Belt

Roukas
    I know he's praying for JDS to get past NGANNOU... but it's not gonna work that way... NGANNOU will KO JDS and Black Beast or Reem should be next on the hit list

8. Roukas Yellow Belt

Roukas
    Ubereem is no longer... more like Blubbereem with that gut

9. chiefwiggum Black Belt

chiefwiggum
    Overeem is shot but he almost had stipe multiple times while looking horrible out there. He can beat or lose to anyone. He basically has to fight the perfect fight. Even 1 shot landed and it's game over. Reacts horrible to the shots.

All of these guys are old. I just want to see overeem, nganou, Barnett even though he's gone and werdum get title shots despite what they do for it.

JDS vs nganou is official? That is awesome.

One MMA Fan likes this.
  10. One MMA Fan Cain

One MMA Fan
    Yea it's official they kinda are setting JDS up the dude was crying at the presser and it's to soon from the TKO.. would have liked another lower opponent for him to get his confidence back and his shell shocked head to be restored better.

Francis has kinda became the UFC/Dana's project, they moved him to Vegas, they have him in the UFC performance center and is moving with the correct match ups in the correct situations.

They would love to have him as a champion, better marketability and will probably have him on a lower contract.

Overeem felt his sub will do the trick it didn't, it's on him, Werdum almost put him out I'm sure Stipe will do it again, he has the W over him for extra confidence he KO's everyone in 1 round he is top of his mental game he just walks down people at this point, he needs a challenge someone to put some fear into him, I know just the guy. :D

g*r*b and chiefwiggum like this.
  11. Thepaintbucket Yellow Card

Thepaintbucket
    Bad fight for Overeem. If I was him I would stay clear of Cain.

12. FrankFixer Blue Belt

FrankFixer
    For a guy who's had his brains scrambled over and over he's very well spoken

13. FrankFixer Blue Belt

FrankFixer

Don't disagree with your post but I think Cain is at his best when he dictates where the fight takes place. Against Werdum it was obvious he wanted no part of Fabricio on the ground. Long layoff and altitude likely contributed to the loss but it's a difficult fight for him if he doesn't impose his will like he usually does.

One MMA Fan likes this.
  14. One MMA Fan Cain

One MMA Fan
    Yea it's not the best style to fight against when he doesn't want to use the chain wrestling.

Either grow a pair he won't kill you instantly, was on the ground with Reem 2 min on top of a rocked opponent and he didn't do shit, way before he even screwed around with Travis a little he won't instant kill you, you need to work it a tad.

But I think a better stand up approach and he outclasses him with kickboxing.

FrankFixer likes this.
  15. FrankFixer Blue Belt

FrankFixer
    I'd love to see the rematch

One MMA Fan likes this.
  16. chiefwiggum Black Belt

chiefwiggum
    Lol! Would be awesome!
    I liked nganou from the first time I saw him. Didn't know the UFc was doing that for him...
    JDS is a huge step up for him. We'll get to see if he's the real deal.
    If the UFc was grooming him I would give him another fight or two before the step up as he's brand new to MMA.
    I like how he called out JDS overeem and hunt. He's got the confidence I hope he's the next big killing machine.

One MMA Fan likes this.
  17. Xaero Brown Belt

Xaero
    Ronda > Cain.

Ronda vs Overeem once Cain pulls out.

We just have to see if Ronda makes the 265 limit

A.S. Deep likes this.
  18. 1pedestrian Green Belt

1pedestrian
    Ngannou should be #1 contender if he beats JDS imo. He would be coming off a 10- fight winning streak, including 1 top 15 (Hamilton), 1 top 10 (Arlovski) and 1 top 5 (JDS).

Imanari man likes this.
  19. YOLOGOGOPLATA White Belt

YOLOGOGOPLATA
    book it for what? boxing or MMA? I'd be very interested to see what would happen if Joshua made a concerted effort to transition over to MMA. Every time I watch him I find myself blown away by his athleticism, and his cardio is definitely very strong. As much as I'd love to see what he could do in the octagon after several years of training, the man should stick to his sport (and get paid all those beautiful stacks of money that people give him to watch him throw hands)

20. Pancake Sprawl WAR IGOR!!!11

Pancake Sprawl
    and beating a guy who is constantly injured more than he's actually healthy is going to some how solidify his spot? a guy who beat 1 guy a year ago who is now the punching bag of the HW division?

i don't know about you, but this doesn't sound like it's really going to change anybody's opinion about Stipe if they already think the guys he beat aren't "legit" wins.

Cain is actually shittier than everyone Stipe has beaten since he's beaten Werdum, simply because they are/were able to prove they are indeed the best of the division. Cain has yet to beat anyone of recognition in the past 3 years.

Cain is living off of the JDS wins, his last JDS win was 2013. then he got injured forever, came back and got his ass whooped by Werdum, and then beat Travis "easy win" Browne.

JDS has since been KO'd by Overeem and completely smashed by Stipe. do i even have to talk about what Travis Browne has went on to do? and then Werdum, looking like mediocrity since his dominant win over Cain.

i don't hate Cain or Stipe, but i'm realistic. Cain does not belong in a championship fight until he proves he's actually championship material. his wins are either old as hell or against guys who aren't even good, and his loss to Werdum is looking worse and worse because Werdum has not looked that dominant since that fight.

i thought you had to prove you actually deserved a title shot, not just get one because "who else is there?"