(video) Alistair Overeem talks possible fight with Cain Velasquez & predicts JDS vs. Ngannou

Yet even now he is considered the best HW in the world.

If they don't give him the shot then 1 fight and then the shot.

I think he will win the belt back and then defend it, he will regain his former glory.

You see how little respect Stipe gets for his wins ? well why is that ? don't you think he wants to kick Cain's ass and establish himself as top dog and get the proper respect from everyone. You don't get that vs Reem in a rematch you get that vs Cain.
Anyone who considers Cain the best HW in the world right now is living in a dream world. If you really think he's capable of winning the strap and defending without crippling the division again then there's absolutely no harm in having him actually earn a title shot with a few wins first. He can rack up a couple wins in the next 6 months if he's really serious about it

Anyone who considers Cain the best HW in the world right now is living in a dream world. If you really think he's capable of winning the strap and defending without crippling the division again then there's absolutely no harm in having him actually earn a title shot with a few wins first. He can rack up a couple wins in the next 6 months if he's really serious about it

Well I do.. but I'm a tad biased.

I'm okay with another fight but I don't want a Stipe vs Reem 2 scenario so soon.. if Francis doesn't win we got no options.. who Struve ? xD

Well I do.. but I'm a tad biased.

I'm okay with another fight but I don't want a Stipe vs Reem 2 scenario so soon.. if Francis doesn't win we got no options.. who Struve ? xD
Lol a Struve fight would actually have some intrigue now that you mention it

Lol a Struve fight would actually have some intrigue now that you mention it

He gets a win and calls out Stipe on the mike "I will KO you like I did last time!" and bam we have something to work with. Sherdog with get hyped, gifs of the last stoppage will be showed and Struve will end up sleeping in the first round. :D

Cain is an injury. If you look up mma definition of injury you will see cain. He was great. Can't deny that. But the ufc doesn't need another champ being injury prone in an injury prone sport.

i don't know how anyone can consider him the best still when Werdum handily destroyed him.

Cain is an injury. If you look up mma definition of injury you will see cain. He was great. Can't deny that. But the ufc doesn't need another champ being injury prone in an injury prone sport.

At least he ain't no duck, money fight looking goofball.

Got to respect that, he will fight any comer no matter his twitter followers.

He gets a win and calls out Stipe on the mike "I will KO you like I did last time!" and bam we have something to work with. Sherdog with get hyped, gifs of the last stoppage will be showed and Struve will end up sleeping in the first round. :D
I wouldn't even mind seeing Cain and Struve both pick up an easy win and then face eachother for a title shot eliminator

Well I have eyes and I'm very aware of the circumstances, will like to see your posts after they rematch.

it'll still be the same. so what if he beats him in a rematch? then their 1 and 1? big deal Werdum hasn't looked the same since and he's only getting older. Cain was in the prime of his life and got wrecked.

nobody who is the best in the world gets beat the way Cain got beat he had absolutely nothing for Werdum. he was the best before the fight, but after that it's clearly Stipe. Stipe beat the man who beat the man. and that's how the fight world goes.

why would Cain get the title shot? what was his last win? Travis Browne? the guy everyone is knocking out?

It's not so much like "what was his last win", it's more like his last loss wasn't to Stipe.

I wouldn't even mind seeing Cain and Struve both pick up an easy win and then face eachother for a title shot eliminator

Struve vs Cain.. ain't that some sight to behold.. a 6'11 dude being swung around.

pendulum-man1.gif

It's not so much like "what was his last win", it's more like his last loss wasn't to Stipe.

yeah, but his last loss is to a guy Stipe KO'd with a single punch in the 1st rd. and his loss before that is to another guy Stipe KO'd in the 1st rd.

yeah, but his last loss is to a guy Stipe KO'd with a single punch in the 1st rd. and his loss before that is to another guy Stipe KO'd in the 1st rd.

Interesting point. Does 2 x (once-removed KOs) = 1 KO in MMA Math?

it'll still be the same. so what if he beats him in a rematch? then their 1 and 1? big deal Werdum hasn't looked the same since and he's only getting older. Cain was in the prime of his life and got wrecked.

nobody who is the best in the world gets beat the way Cain got beat he had absolutely nothing for Werdum. he was the best before the fight, but after that it's clearly Stipe. Stipe beat the man who beat the man. and that's how the fight world goes.

He won 7 minutes of that fight.. absolutely nothing ? lol

Werdum got the perfect storm scenario.. Cain: improper preparation, coming back from a very long lay off.. years, back from surgeries and injuries, game plan wasn't the best, wasn't adapted to the environment, underestimated Werdum, his buddies trash talked in his name it created an atmosphere very non Cain like.. etc but hey I'm the fan here I'm aware of every single thing going on in a Cain fight and BINGO Werdum cashed in on that night, he was good cause if he didn't have his BJJ Cain could have rested on top of another opponent but this one was a no go with his style.

Did you think JDS will end up zombified for 3 years after you saw him KO Cain ?.. I was confident in the rematch.

He won 7 minutes of that fight.. absolutely nothing ? lol

Werdum got the perfect storm scenario.. Cain: improper preparation, coming back from a very long lay off.. years, back from surgeries and injuries, game plan wasn't the best, wasn't adapted to the environment, underestimated Werdum, his buddies trash talked in his name it created an atmosphere very non Cain like.. etc but hey I'm the fan here I'm aware of every single thing going on in a Cain fight and BINGO Werdum cashed in on that night, he was good cause if he didn't have his BJJ Cain could have rested on top of another opponent but this one was a no go with his style.

Did you think JDS will end up zombified for 3 years after you saw him KO Cain ?.. I was confident in the rematch.

i didn't think JDS was going to be zombified but i didn't think he was going to KO Cain like he did the 1st time. Cain was winning the exchanges in the 1st fight, he just stood too long with JDS without pressing him backwards.

as far as Cain won 7 minutes of that fight? Jesus, do you watch that fight every day or something to come up with such a specific number? Cain "won" the 1st rd by holding Werdum to the fence doing practically nothing because Werdum was controlling him with the plum clinch. after that, he got jabbed and trolled into oblivion.

you're making a lot of excuses for Cain's loss to Werdum. it's almost like Werdum didn't actually beat Cain, Cain beat himself with all the things going on his life that doesn't happen in anyone else's life.

shit happens, he got his ass kicked, it's as simple as that. you can cheer if/when he wins the rematch but by then Werdum will be probably 45 yrs old. that's the part you're not taking into consideration.

Werdum never known for his cardio. Werdum never known for his great striking. Werdum 40 yrs old, well past his physical prime, while Cain is in his early 30's clearly in his prime. out-cardio'd and out struck Cain in an environment that he was supposed to have AN ADVANTAGE IN.

do you get that part? that an old man beat the fuck out of your boy even though the UFC stacked the deck in his favor?

Interesting point. Does 2 x (once-removed KOs) = 1 KO in MMA Math?

no, because MMAth would imply i think Stipe would beat Cain because of that. it's not. i'm simply stating FACTS.

One MMA Fan said that Stipe WANTS to fight Cain to add credibility to his reign. and i'm saying, why would he need to beat Cain for the credibility when he already destroyed the 2 guys who beat Cain?

it sounds like you're grasping at straws because i'm shooting down the idea that Cain should get a title shot and you guys have a blind love for Cain.

it's clear as day why Cain doesn't deserve a title shot, and everyone but you and One MMA Fan can see it.

i didn't think JDS was going to be zombified but i didn't think he was going to KO Cain like he did the 1st time. Cain was winning the exchanges in the 1st fight, he just stood too long with JDS without pressing him backwards.

as far as Cain won 7 minutes of that fight? Jesus, do you watch that fight every day or something to come up with such a specific number? Cain "won" the 1st rd by holding Werdum to the fence doing practically nothing because Werdum was controlling him with the plum clinch. after that, he got jabbed and trolled into oblivion.

you're making a lot of excuses for Cain's loss to Werdum. it's almost like Werdum didn't actually beat Cain, Cain beat himself with all the things going on his life that doesn't happen in anyone else's life.

shit happens, he got his ass kicked, it's as simple as that. you can cheer if/when he wins the rematch but by then Werdum will be probably 45 yrs old. that's the part you're not taking into consideration.

Werdum never known for his cardio. Werdum never known for his great striking. Werdum 40 yrs old, well past his physical prime, while Cain is in his early 30's clearly in his prime. out-cardio'd and out struck Cain in an environment that he was supposed to have AN ADVANTAGE IN.

do you get that part? that an old man beat the fuck out of your boy?

Specific number ? I wanted to say 8 min but I was being nice and dropped 1.. it's 1 round and a half in essence.

Yea I've see the fight a lot, not every day but once every few weeks I do a Cain marathon including losses and topics when people shit on him also make me want to watch it and just take in more, the release and the joy when he will finally put his hands on him again oh sweet. :D

I'm not making excuses don't think you are dealing with any random hater or extreme blind fanboy, Cain took the fight, decided to walk in that cage, he is a grown ass man and a professional fighter that agreed to do it and that loss is legit on his record for ever, he lost, I accept it, I acknowledge it BUT I explain it, I give reasons for it, I'm aware of the situation it happened and I'm fairly confident it won't happened again.

Werdum with a better cardio then Cain, think about that for a second, do you really think that's normal ? you think it was just Werdum doing that or other factors.

cain.gif

Back