(video) Alistair Overeem talks possible fight with Cain Velasquez & predicts JDS vs. Ngannou

Reem is 10/10 kewl. would hang out with

Wants a tittle shot.. well not from that last fight, you didn't won that fight, that was a draw and neither guy looked any good, too soon for Stipe to KO you again... wants to sleep in MSG.

If Cain doesn't get the tittle shot then I'm a-ok with him taking on Reem.

Reem also said he is stronger, bigger and in better condition now after the Stipe fight.. hmh.

Wait... So Reem thinks that if JDS beats Ngannou then he (Reem) is guaranteed a title shot??

Between the PED bust and the unshakable entitlement mentality it's hard to hold on to being an AO fan.

Wants a tittle shot.. well not from that last fight, you didn't won that fight, that was a draw and neither guy looked any good, too soon for Stipe to KO you again... wants to sleep in MSG.

Reem also said he is stronger, bigger and in better condition now after the Stipe fight.. hmh.

why would Cain get the title shot? what was his last win? Travis Browne? the guy everyone is knocking out?

Lol @ Cain being anywhere near the title picture. If anyone should have to work their way back up the ladder it's that fkn guy

why would Cain get the title shot? what was his last win? Travis Browne? the guy everyone is knocking out?

Cain is a top fighter always ranked around top 3, he is a multiple UFC champ, who else is there ? Francis if he wins vs JDS or Reem rematch, you really don't want to see Stipe vs Cain ? this legit could be for the best ever UFC HW fighter tittle.

And yea Travis didn't came from multiple loses back to back when Cain took him out, and he done it so in the first round no fuck ups just outclassing him and sending him home inside 1.

Guess you want to see Reem get some sleep in MSG again at the hands of Stipe.

Alistair by far my favorite HW. But little worried about the "new stuff" he's using, hope it doesn't get him in trouble.

Cain is a top fighter always ranked around top 3, he is a multiple UFC champ, who else is there ? Francis if he wins vs JDS or Reem rematch, you really don't want to see Stipe vs Cain ? this legit could be for the best ever UFC HW fighter tittle.

And yea Travis didn't came from multiple loses back to back when Cain took him out, and he done it so in the first round no fuck ups just outclassing him and sending him home inside 1.

i don't want Cain anywhere near the belt until he can convince me that he's not going to break himself training every 2 months.

i don't understand why you're making a case for someone who rarely fights, is on a 1 fight win streak where he beat a can, and got completely handled by a 40 yr old man in a place where Cain was supposed to have distinctive advantage.

the guy is always ranked around top 3 because once he loses, he takes a year or 2 off waiting for JDS or Bigfoot so he can fight them for the 20th time to retain his ranking.

Francis Ngannou is a newcomer and he almost has as much fights as Cain.

Cain is overrated in my opinion because of his constant injuries. the last time he actually fought consistently was before he got the belt.

Lol @ Cain being anywhere near the title picture. If anyone should have to work their way back up the ladder it's that fkn guy
Dont say this. Cains apparsntly the defacto GOAT and you cant argue that he wouldnt beat every heavyweight alive if "healthy"

Cain needs to win at least 2x fights vs top 5 HWs before a title shot. And why would anyone have a problem with that? If he's as good as we think then he should win both fights. If it would take him too long to string together 2x wins then we don't need him clogging up the title picture again like he did before and at least this way we'd dodge that bullet

Reems ability to take a punch seems to worse and worse, he gets rocked in virtually every fight.

The guys need to work on his defense and needs to keep his ego in check, he fights with way too much confidence. If he fights with that same stupid stance that he used against Werdum, someone like Ngannou is going to take advantage...every time someone lands a good shot on Reem he starts to crumble. If Reem had the durability of Hunt he'd probably be in contention for one of the greatest heavyweights of all time.

Agreed, he should probably be fighting the winner of Ngannou vs JDS. I don't think either of those guys should be warranted a title shot, Ngannou's only decent win his AA and JDS just lost his last fight.

Who knows when/if Cain comes back..like Khabib he needs to show that he can be active first before making a run at the title.

Cain is far too inactive. He had 1 win in the last 3.5 years.

I am a huge Cain fan, but he needs to work for another shot imo.

i don't want Cain anywhere near the belt until he can convince me that he's not going to break himself training every 2 months.

i don't understand why you're making a case for someone who rarely fights, is on a 1 fight win streak where he beat a can, and got completely handled by a 40 yr old man in a place where Cain was supposed to have distinctive advantage.

the guy is always ranked around top 3 because once he loses, he takes a year or 2 off waiting for JDS or Bigfoot so he can fight them for the 20th time to retain his ranking.

Francis Ngannou is a newcomer and he almost has as much fights as Cain.

Cain is overrated in my opinion because of his constant injuries. the last time he actually fought consistently was before he got the belt.

Cain needs to win at least 2x fights vs top 5 HWs before a title shot. And why would anyone have a problem with that? If he's as good as we think then he should win both fights. If it would take him too long to string together 2x wins then we don't need him clogging up the title picture again like he did before and at least this way we'd dodge that bullet

Yet even now he is considered the best HW in the world.

If they don't give him the shot then 1 fight and then the shot.

I think he will win the belt back and then defend it, he will regain his former glory.

You see how little respect Stipe gets for his wins ? well why is that ? don't you think he wants to kick Cain's ass and establish himself as top dog and get the proper respect from everyone. You don't get that vs Reem in a rematch you get that vs Cain.

Cain is almost unanimously overrated. Everyone tries separating him from his injuries and insist "healthy" Cain is some kind of GOAT. You can't separate him from his injuries. They are part of who he is. The same thing that creates his injuries (killing himself in training) is what creates the advantage he enjoys on fight night. You can't have one without the other. A "healthy" Cain who wasn't constantly getting injured would be a Cain who didn't train as over-the-top hard would be a Cain who's a shell of himself in the cage

Giant Cain fan here, and he does not deserve an instant shot. He needs to have 1 tune up fight coming back, someone not top 10 so he can get his bearings back. After that a top 10....Followed by two top 5 opponents.

This I feel is fair and would give us a good idea of where he is at at this point in time. I hope he fired his SnC coach and is getting his shit together, because it is hard being a Cain fan when he is hardly there.

Back