[VID] Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield I (Great Quality)

MisterT

Tsar
@Brown
Reaction score
For those of you that haven't seen this fight, I highly recommend that you do (It was the Ring Magazine's Fight of the Year for 1996).

Unfortunately, Don King and his company has prevented any footage of it being available on Youtube.

Nevertheless, some brave Russian dude put it up on his channel (along with all of Tyson's other fights) in excellent quality.

Without further ado, here it is.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Part 7:

Enjoy...

:) :) :) :) :)

Great find! Personally I don't think this is a very good fight, but it's nice to see all of Mike's fights on Youtube. Thank you!

Awesome I haven't seen this fight in years thank you for the post

Wow thanks. Just watched it again and the fight was closer than many people remember it. But Holyfield seemed like a was ready to die in there.

Mike should've worked the body more though. Of course this isn't the the same Mike Tyson who moved his head constantly. But some more shots to the body may have finished Holyfield.

I don't understand why Tyson didn't try to execute that in the rematch. There were so better opportunities than the one Mike Tyson finally choose.

excellent. thanks for the links

Thanks For Posting

Awesome I haven't seen this fight in years thank you for the post

Sure thing.

Wow thanks. Just watched it again and the fight was closer than many people remember it. But Holyfield seemed like a was ready to die in there.

Mike should've worked the body more though. Of course this isn't the the same Mike Tyson who moved his head constantly. But some more shots to the body may have finished Holyfield.

I don't understand why Tyson didn't try to execute that in the rematch. There were so better opportunities than the one Mike Tyson finally choose.

Yeah, I've wondered that myself several times. Personally, I think Mike's inadequate corner and the post-prison bull-headed approach that he took towards boxing were the major causes.

Call me crazy but I think the same thing would have happened if they did fight in 91. But the late 80's when Mike was still with Rooney.....different story

Excellent quality vids thanks.

That was amazing that punch Holy caught Tyson with coming in with wreckless abandon. Caught him perfectly.

I remember Tyson (in the build-up to their 2nd fight) called Holy "a counterpuncher supreme".

I haven't seen this fight in years. Good find.

I'd forgotten how Mike kept hitting Holyfield after the first round. When Tyson fans rightly call Holyfield dirty in this fight it would be good to remember that both fighters tried to pull their little tricks in this fight.

the fight was closer than many people remember it. But Holyfield seemed like a was ready to die in there.

Not really, i watched it live and everyone else was in shock. Holyfield had already been in the ring with foreman so i was expecting him to take mikes shots and counterpunch him and thats exactly what happened,,,,and the judges had the fight for holyfield with scores of 100-93,96-92(twice) tyson needed a knockout to win and trying to KO holyfield at that time(or any time for that matter) wasnt a walk in the park.......

I'd forgotten how Mike kept hitting Holyfield after the first round. When Tyson fans rightly call Holyfield dirty in this fight it would be good to remember that both fighters tried to pull their little tricks in this fight.

remember the francis botha fight where mike got a "chicken wing" on botha and started to uppercut him with the other hand at the end of the round.......

This was the Real Deal holyfield when he really was the real deal. I wonder what round it was when Tyson knew he wasnt going to win? Probably after the first round!

Im sure this holyfield wouldnt have lost to James Toney?

Call me crazy but I think the same thing would have happened if they did fight in 91. But the late 80's when Mike was still with Rooney.....different story
earlier today I was watching evander highlights from his prime, no way in hell was Tyson going to do to him what he did to most of his opponents, evander was one of the greatest technicians I've ever seen, great chin, good accuracy if not great power, speed and competitive heart. Tyson would have had to dig down at any stage of his career to win.

This was the Real Deal holyfield when he really was the real deal. I wonder what round it was when Tyson knew he wasnt going to win? Probably after the first round!

Im sure this holyfield wouldnt have lost to James Toney?
holyfield put in a lot of turd performances when he wasn't into a fight, whether it was shitty training or just not being inspired, the first bowe fight, pretty much all the first championship defenses were less than his best, then the moorer fight where everyone concluded he was shot, had a heart problem and should retire, then he came back, yet again, fought mercer, didn't look super, fought cyzz and looked the worst imaginable, then Tyson, after Tyson, he avenged the moorer fight, then he lost to lewis after which he was hot and cold, losing to people he had no business losing to and putting on stink fights. even then, from what I hear, he should have won a portion of the title against a big Russian guy.

Back