(Vid) Khabib doesn't even need to complete initial td, he just needs to get his opponent off balance

You would probably need to do a survey to know that. When it comes to Khabib, he doesn't have a high percentage of successful takedowns, yet he takes everyone down (except for the roidmonkey Tibau, of course) in an impressive and decisive manner.
Khbib has the highest takedown rate in 155
and his TD accuracy is better than Lee's 45%(including 11 TDs stuffed by a roided Tibau) vs 43%

B-brother?

Thanks, I didn't know that, I just assumed 40something% isn't a really good number since I don't really monitor all these fighter stats.

Khabib also averages 5.5 td's per fight, which I believe is the highest in the UFC.

pretty neat. he mixed in a judo throw. judo alone isnt that effective in mma but mixed with wrestling and grappling its nasty.
In fact almost all TdS you have in traditional wrestling you have in Judo aswell.
Is just that because of Olympic competition Judo changed its form to much to stay actually competitive as a form of combat.

Last edited:
Why do you think Conor was trying so hard to get into Khabib's head at the press conference?

Red, sweating in the face, "You took money from Magomedov! You took money from Magomedov!" like he was a prosecutor in a murder case
{<jordan}

He knows if Khabib so much as knocks him off balance he's going to get his face plastered all over his whisky logo.

Was he so poor against Horcher because he was coming back form injury or was it because he has problems with south-paws.

How was he poor against Horsher and what did Horsher's southpaw stance have to do with anything since Khabib took him down with ease?

Props to Conor for going against his worst possible opponent ever

I am sooo looking forward to conner tears on following Sunday!

I would like to see a beatdown like Barboza/Johnson but it ain't happening

Conor will KTFO Khabib

It wont be even close

I watched the video. He did complete the takedown, and he looked like he needed/wanted it more than the air he was breathing.
Does anyone actually think Conor is going to let Khabib control the distance? Conor's footwork is unique because his darting movements bait guys into counters. Plus there's brief footage recently of Conor training single leg defense. Everybody makes the mistake of trying to bounce backwards towards the fence and free their leg upwards while Khabib hangs on for dear life. Conor will collapse forward on top of Khabib and shoot his leg backwards to break the grip.

Khabib's striking is lol worthy, and his fake high to low TD is easy to scout. Since Conor doesn't have to worry about striking, he can better control the distance imo.

mysterio! mysterio!

Wherefore art thou Mysterio.
Deny thy Daddy Conor and refuse thy name; or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a Hater.
Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy: thou art thyself, though not a Sherdogue

Wherefore art thou Mysterio.
Deny thy Daddy Conor and refuse thy name; or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a Hater.
Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy: thou art thyself, though not a Sherdogue

Amazing, hahahaha
10/10

Back