(Vid) Khabib doesn't even need to complete initial td, he just needs to get his opponent off balance

It's all one take down attempt though. Horcher never broke contact or even got him into a neutral position. Khabib seamlessly moved from one move to the next and had control from the moment he grabbed the first single.
It's called chain wrestling. What started as a failed single towards middle of the cage ended up in a clinch and trip against the cage.

Why don't we just turn the UFC into a Tae Bo boxercise company where we just watch daily highlight reels of Khabib and Michael Chandler.

It's still a td.You mean he doesn't always have to get the td off the initial attempt.I wrestled for over 10 years and it's hilarious listening to TS trying to "inform" people.Probably the most obnoxious dumbass on here.An ignore feels like a long time coming despite him only being on here for a month,but I guess 2,000 stupid posts in 1 month will do that.

It's still a td.You mean he doesn't always have to get the td off the initial attempt.I wrestled for over 10 years and it's hilarious listening to TS trying to "inform" people.Probably the most obnoxious dumbass on here.An ignore feels like a long time coming despite him only being on here for a month,but I guess 2,000 stupid posts in 1 month will do that.
No shit. There is only so much room to work a title.

I already reworded it and cut a few words out so I could include the word "initial" in there so the people like you who build strawmans will not be confused.

With his assortment of td's and trips he is the best in the UFC at it because he can seamlessly transition from one td to the next.

Downplay it all you want.
Thid will be the big difference between Alverez and Khabib.

Conor wont be able to just pop his hips against Khabib as he did vs Eddie. Conor can train all he wants to defend takedowns, but will he be ready to defend the type of transition takedowns that Khabib brings to the table? Khabib is great at transitioning from double leg to single leg, trip, and clinch throws which makes him unpredictable and hard to just shake off.

Its a great point you made about getting his opponent off balance becuse that is exactly what Khabib is gonna do. He's gonna go dor the double leg first, wait for Conor to try defend it and as Conor is pulling back his lead leg and circling, Khabib will anticipate that and initiate a clinch on Conors right side for the takedown

Wow, chain wrestling! so revolutionary!
To be fair chain wrestling or volume wrestling doesn’t really resonate with even longtime fans
Like it’s a thing but people don’t seem to understand what it is

And Khabib has a gad tank. He can chase Conor all fight.

No way Conor has a gas tank to go past 2 rounds

To be fair chain wrestling or volume wrestling doesn’t really resonate with even longtime fans
Like it’s a thing but people don’t seem to understand what it is

You think so?

Maybe I am overestimating MMA fans now that i think about it.

Thid will be the big difference between Alverez and Khabib.

Conor wont be able to just pop his hips against Khabib as he did vs Eddie. Conor can train all he wants to defend takedowns, but will he be ready to defend the type of transition takedowns that Khabib brings to the table? Khabib is great at transitioning from double leg to single leg, trip, and clinch throws which makes him unpredictable and hard to just shake off.

Its a great point you made about getting his opponent off balance becuse that is exactly what Khabib is gonna do. He's gonna go dor the double leg first, wait for Conor to try defend it and as Conor is pulling back his lead leg and circling, Khabib will anticipate that and initiate a clinch on Conors right side for the takedown
Yeah... this is one of the major factors I'm looking at when I break this fight down.

A lot of casuals here are acting like, "well if Conor shrugs that first TD off Khabib is going to get slept", but that actually shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how fights, Khabib fights in particular, play out. He merely has to get him off balance and Conor will most likely find himself on his back shortly after due to the sequence of events that will come thereafter.

Last edited:
Conor's wrestling is zero.

Conor's grappling is zero.
then why he could stop eddie takedowns but roided melendez and chandler couldn't?
eddie had conor in the same position
GregariousWaryAmbushbug-size_restricted.gif

And Khabib has a gad tank. He can chase Conor all fight.

No way Conor has a gas tank to go past 2 rounds
Especially two grappling heavy rounds with a guy as strong as Khabib.

Khabib is going to relentlessly be trying to tire him those first couple rounds, and then from there he wants to play with him, make him look bad, change his face ect.

then why he could stop eddie takedowns but roided melendez and chandler couldn't?
eddie had conor in the same position
Eddie's takedowns are close to zero compared to Khabib as it is. He was already starched when he attempted them as well.

It's called chain wrestling. What started as a failed single towards middle of the cage ended up in a clinch and trip against the cage.
No shit. I don't think you knew that though before you saw the first response to your thread.

Back