(Vid) Khabib doesn't even need to complete initial td, he just needs to get his opponent off balance

This is an example of why his td's and chain wrestling are so dangerous.

What looks like a failed TD here, turns into a scramble, a clinch against the fence, and the inevitable trip before fight ending smesh.

Take note and learn something.

Good thing Conor has the greatest balance in UFC history.

conor-mcgregor.jpg

You scared yet?

Conor doesn't seem to be giving him much respect, to his own demise.
Except the fact that he's been sparring with a Moldovan wrestler since March. I'd say that's being very respectful of what Khabib brings to the table.

He doesn't need a TD to... take down his opponent.. he just needs a trip.. to take him down?

I'm not sure if TS is cleverly playing with words or confused.

He doesn’t even need to show up. This is the greatest mismatch in the history of the sport. I mean it’s a joke right?

He doesn't need a TD to... take down his opponent.. he just needs a trip.. to take him down?

I'm not sure if TS is cleverly playing with words or confused.
He deosn't need to complete the initial td because he is a master at working td's in sequence.

Except the fact that he's been sparring with a Moldovan wrestler since March. I'd say that's being very respectful of what Khabib brings to the table.
Who? And it shows how little you know about the sport if you think 6 months of training will do anything against an elite.

Do most MMA fighters score their first TD?
Most MMA wrestlers are NCAA schooled and they have explosive doubles that are pretty much one and done.

Khabib has so many throws, td's, trips, and slams he can hit you from anywhere and his true gift is transitioning between attempts. Master class.

I'm not sure who I want to win more.

Conor wins, Mysterio goes away

Khabib wins, NOlogic goes away.

I'm torn.

Do most MMA fighters score their first TD?
You would probably need to do a survey to know that. When it comes to Khabib, he doesn't have a high percentage of successful takedowns, yet he takes everyone down (except for the roidmonkey Tibau, of course) in an impressive and decisive manner.

I don’t get it. He completed the takedown.

It’s not special in any way to switch from one technique to another based on your opponents defense. He’s great at it sure, but basically every grappler does that

You would probably need to do a survey to know that.

Agreed.

Without the stats to contrast, TS' point seems weightless.

I would bet, majority of successful TDs in MMA, or UFC, do not come off the first attempt.

I don’t get it. He completed the takedown.
He shot for a single which he didn't complete, knocked Horcher off balanace, initiated a scamble and clinch against the cage, then tripped him.

See the typical casual misses the finer details.

He deosn't need to complete the initial td because he is a master at working td's in sequence.

Who? And it shows how little you know about the sport if you think 6 months of training will do anything against an elite.
Guess no one should train in any discipline them. Khabib should just give up striking too then as it's not going to make a difference. That's basically what your saying.

Calling all camps...don't train your weaknesses as it will have zero impact!!! They are going to be so happy you told them. Think of all the time and money you've saved them...

<45>I've honestly seen 70 years do that.

Can gymnastics help stuff a Khabib takedown?

<DontBelieve1>

Did you just ask if superior balance and footwork can help defend against chain wrestling? It's crucial to being able to set counters and readjust. I can't wait until you get your wrestling lesson October 6th, Jaysus ima love it.

Guess no one should train in any discipline them. Khabib should just give up striking too then as it's not going to make a difference. That's basically what your saying.

Calling all camps...don't train your weaknesses as it will have zero impact!!! They are going to be so happy you told them. Think of all the time and money you've saved them...
A lifetime worth of takedown defense training will help stuff Khabib.

You must follow the Ido Portal school of MMA
<{clintugh}>

He shot for a single which he didn't complete, knocked Horcher off balanace, initiated a scamble and clinch against the cage, then tripped him.

See the typical casual misses the finer details.
It's all one take down attempt though. Horcher never broke contact or even got him into a neutral position. Khabib seamlessly moved from one move to the next and had control from the moment he grabbed the first single.

Back