[vid] Cris Cyborg sparring a 2 time Olympic gold medalist, looking hungry and dangerous...

I can see people don´t know what "lit up" means or just want to bash Cyborg, as always. It was a back and forth sparring session, with both girls looking sharp and the olympic medalist having the slight advantage. That´s all. Anyone here saying "she got lit up" just sounds uneducated as fuck or is just another biased hater.

Well, no. It was a sparring session, the boxer was almost definitely not going full steam since she's trying to help Cyborg train, and there was a MASSIVE difference in their punching technique, speed and combinations. Just because they threw a similar number of punches doesn't change the fact that Cyborg was way out of her depth.

In an MMA fight of course she'd win, but if they were boxing for real (even with MMA gloves) Cyborg would have taken a monumental beating.

Well, no. It was a sparring session, the boxer was almost definitely not going full steam since she's trying to help Cyborg train, and there was a MASSIVE difference in their punching technique, speed and combinations. Just because they threw a similar number of punches doesn't change the fact that Cyborg was way out of her depth.

In an MMA fight of course she'd win, but if they were boxing for real (even with MMA gloves) Cyborg would have taken a monumental beating.
Wait.... Are you saying an undefeated 2 time olympic gold medalist boxer looked better than Cyborg in boxing?
<TheWire1>
FUCK!!!
Huge if true.

All you guys just can´t resist criticizing Cyborg anyway you can, instead of giving credit where it´s due.

I guess Shields disagrees with you on the "MASSIVE" gap in technique, since she said herself that Cyborg did excellent and if she wanted to become a pro boxer, she could really take on the top girls with only a few months of training.

Wait.... Are you saying an undefeated 2 time olympic gold medalist boxer looked better than Cyborg in boxing?
<TheWire1>
FUCK!!!
Huge if true.

All you guys just can´t resist criticizing Cyborg anyway you can, instead of giving credit where it´s due.

I guess Shields disagrees with you on the "MASSIVE" gap in technique, since she said herself that Cyborg did excellent and if she wanted to become a pro boxer, she could really take on the top girls with only a few months of training.

Of course she said that. Sparring partners usually say nice things about the people paying them to train.

And yeah, of course an olympic boxer looks better than Cyborg. It's an absolute no-brainer. So why on earth would anyone try to claim that Cyborg is somehow competitive here, when it's quite obvious she isn't? The key thing to take away is- Holm is a top level boxer too. That holds some relevance.

Sparring is not the same as fighting.

Also, Holm is probably the women's boxing goat. Boxing a 4-0 boxer is not the same thing. I think Cyborg wins because it's MMA and her strength will be too much for her, but with boxing gloves on Holm would embarrass her.
Holm boxing GOAT???????

And i like her a fucking lot but that is ridiculous.

Sparring is not the same as fighting.

Also, Holm is probably the women's boxing goat. Boxing a 4-0 boxer is not the same thing. I think Cyborg wins because it's MMA and her strength will be too much for her, but with boxing gloves on Holm would embarrass her.
And when did you change your mind on this fight? From What I remember you were one of those posters who "Claimed" Holly would beat Cyborg if that fight was ever made. You probably did this for years as a matter of fact. Also I find It very funny you make up some scenario you know won't happen (Holly Boxing Cyborg) only to claim Holly would embarrass Cyborg. I know how you think. <seedat>

Shields could probably be a UFC WMMA champ tomorrow if she wanted to. Gal has some hands, and WMMA is pretty dang light with legit grapplers.
I doubt it. I don't think she can make weight in any division unless they open a womens LW lol. Shields is huge, cutting to 145 would be murder.

Of course she said that. Sparring partners usually say nice things about the people paying them to train.

And yeah, of course an olympic boxer looks better than Cyborg. It's an absolute no-brainer. So why on earth would anyone try to claim that Cyborg is somehow competitive here, when it's quite obvious she isn't? The key thing to take away is- Holm is a top level boxer too. That holds some relevance.
so I´m supposed to take your word that "Cyborg has bad technique" instead of a 2 times olympic gold medalist when she's saying Cyborg has the skills to beat top boxer after only a few months of training? Nah.

so I´m supposed to take your word that "Cyborg has bad technique" instead of a 2 times olympic gold medalist when she's saying Cyborg has the skills to beat top boxer after only a few months of training? Nah.

Lol fair enough, haven't seen it happen yet though have we? We DID however see Jorina Baars absolutely demolish Cyborg, so there is that.

Lol fair enough, haven't seen it happen yet though have we? We DID however see Jorina Baars absolutely demolish Cyborg, so there is that.
Again with you superlatives? "Absolutely demolish"?????? No way man, Cybord did a very good job. Go watch that again without the hate glasses on, and then we can talk about how well she did against a killer like Baars in her own game.

Again with you superlatives? "Absolutely demolish"?????? No way man, Cybord did a very good job. Go watch that again without the hate glasses on, and then we can talk about how well she did against a killer like Baars in her own game.

I've watched it 3 times. She did well, she survived and hung in there- but it was about as competitive as Floyd/Conor. Which is to say both of them did well considering it's not their natural sport, but both of them got utterly outclassed by a superior striker.

I've watched it 3 times. She did well, she survived and hung in there- but it was about as competitive as Floyd/Conor. Which is to say both of them did well considering it's not their natural sport, but both of them got utterly outclassed by a superior striker.
Yes, she did. Baars dominated.... but Cyborg had some good moments. But yeah, she lost. :(

And when did you change your mind on this fight? From What I remember you were one of those posters who "Claimed" Holly would beat Cyborg if that fight was ever made. You probably did this for years as a matter of fact. Also I find It very funny you make up some scenario you know won't happen (Holly Boxing Cyborg) only to claim Holly would embarrass Cyborg. I know how you think. <seedat>

I changed my mind because Holm hasn't looked good since the Tate fight. She's clearly past her prime. It looks like she's lost her mental edge.

I don't really understand your post tbh. What are you taking issue with? The fact that my opinion changed over time?

I think you are giving Conor a lot of credit there mane. Holms busted up Cyborgs nose and peppered her with some decent shots. It was very possible for Holly to eck out a decision. Conor seriously had nothing for Mayweather. Mayweather even gave Conor Mcgregor some good opportunities by pressing forward which was uncanny of him.

I changed my mind because Holm hasn't looked good since the Tate fight. She's clearly past her prime. It looks like she's lost her mental edge.

I don't really understand your post tbh. What are you taking issue with? The fact that my opinion changed over time?
How did you like the fight? Do you still think Holm is the superior boxer lol? Do you ever get tired of being wrong about Cyborg?

Holm boxing GOAT???????

And i like her a fucking lot but that is ridiculous.

What's ridiculous? It's barely debatable. 33-2-3 in her career, and titles across multiple weight classes.

Ali finished as 24-0, but spent her whole career ducking tough competition. Ann Wolfe called her out countless times, but Ali wouldn't fight her.

Overall accomplishments and competition faced it's Holm, hands down.

How did you like the fight? Do you still think Holm is the superior boxer lol? Do you ever get tired of being wrong about Cyborg?

How was I wrong? I said Cyborg would win? You don't make any sense.

How was I wrong? I said Cyborg would win? You don't make any sense.
Are you retarded? "Holm is probably the women's boxing goat." " but with boxing gloves on Holm would embarrass her."

Cyborg just Outboxed Holm for 5 rounds(Gloves or no gloves in boxing ring she does the same).... I know this is the internet and you will never admit to being wrong even when it's in your face but whatever.

Cyborg is GOAT Deal with it.

Back