[vid] Cris Cyborg sparring a 2 time Olympic gold medalist, looking hungry and dangerous...

Shields could probably be a UFC WMMA champ tomorrow if she wanted to. Gal has some hands, and WMMA is pretty dang light with legit grapplers.

To be honest she didn’t looked brilliant there.
But the lady she is sparring with seems to be a very legit boxer sooo not bad i guess???

Edit.
Two time olimpian?
Not bad at all!!!

holly gonna kick her in cyborgs "face"

She looked and acted incredibly weird at the weigh-ins. The green eye shadow and long hair extensions. And that weird training footage where she ran her training partner out the door. Just really bizarre.

I'm a fan of cyborg, but she got lit up by the olympian. Very obvious difference in level.

Good on her training with the best she can find. Much respect.

that footage is old and it looks like she got lit up for most of that session (which was probably edited in her favor to begin with)

Umm... this vid just confirms what most people with eyes suspected- Cyborg's striking isn't all that hot. Winging punches, no setup, poor combinations- exactly what Holm would love to face. This fight isn't going to be as one-sided as people think.

I can see people don´t know what "lit up" means or just want to bash Cyborg, as always. It was a back and forth sparring session, with both girls looking sharp and the olympic medalist having the slight advantage. That´s all. Anyone here saying "she got lit up" just sounds uneducated as fuck or is just another biased hater.

Cris is a fucking beast.

Boxes Shields
Kickboxed Baars
Grapples/BJJ Gabby
In talks with Boxing Braekhus

She does all the shit Ronda said she was gonna do but doesn't get any credit for it. It is what it is at least she is gonna get Holm on her resume.

Cris is a fucking beast.

Boxes Shields
Kickboxed Baars
Grapples/BJJ Gabby
In talks with Boxing Braekaus

She does all the shit Ronda said she was gonna do but doesn't get any credit for it. It is what it is at least she is gonna get Holm on her resume.
You said it all, my man.

She looked shit. Stiff as a board. No foot work , completely flat. Head straight up .it looked about as bad as it could get if I’m being honest .these type of threads really show me that some MMA fans don’t know anything at all.
She just looks aggressive and like a maniac but there’s certainly no great technique there.

Isn't this 90% of mma fighters?

Well, yeah. True. And they mostly come unstuck when they fight someone with solid fundamental striking- see Barao/Dillashaw, Werdum/Miocic etc etc.

Cris is a fucking beast.

Boxes Shields
Kickboxed Baars
Grapples/BJJ Gabby
In talks with Boxing Braekhus

Sparring is not the same as fighting.

Also, Holm is probably the women's boxing goat. Boxing a 4-0 boxer is not the same thing. I think Cyborg wins because it's MMA and her strength will be too much for her, but with boxing gloves on Holm would embarrass her.

Back