[VID] Countdown to UFC 171 (Hendricks/Lawler + Condit/Woodley + Sanchez/Jury)

I don t like this new format,the voice narrator used to be better and also this media stuff just sucks,interviewing the trainers and sparring partner was way better

The problem is the quality of wrestling training. Hendricks works out with Ohio State wrestlers with John Smith as the head coach.

lol

I'm certain wrestling some high school kids is beneficial towards him, they might not be that highly highly skilled but it still gives him a good workout if he pushes them, also being beneficial towards them. As he stated also he does this after his training at Jackson's. This guy is a cardio machine...

By the way, who was the fat guy talking about the fights on the countdown show? Oh wait...

The problem is the quality of wrestling training. Hendricks works out with Ohio State wrestlers with John Smith as the head coach.

I dont disagree with what you're saying, obviously wrestling against collegiate athletes will far surpass that of wrestling with high school (and a small school at that) wrestling team.

That being said, for Diego... i dont think it matters at this point. Everyone knows his best attribute is his top-game, but he just doesnt have the core-strength or wrestling to force that aspect of his game. He never really has. I dont think it would matter who we trained with, he isn't going to make leaps and bounds in his wrestling game after a lifetime of wrestling. He's about as good as he's ever going to be, which is at a high school level. I think he realizes this, as evidenced by his complete change in style. he's completely embraced the rock-em sock-em style, rather than his relentless pursuit of takedowns like he used to. I wish he'd learn to implement his top game more... as i think he has possibly the best top position in all of MMA, he just rarely gets its there anymore.

As a secondary, and nit-picky, thought... Hendricks trains with Oklahoma State, not Ohio State. I'm sure you knew this, since you mentioned Coach Smith (IMO one of the best wrestling coaches ever)... but thought i'd point it out none the less.

Gotta love Diego Sanchez!

Cant wait for this card. Soo Jacked

Back