[VID] Chris Weidman All-American DOCUMENTARY

Cool to see it finally got uploaded. I've seen it 2 times and I think it's a good watch for guys who don't know his story or who have followed his entire career and can just look back and relive how he climbed to the top. It's naturally missing a lot of the small details you'd get if you were keeping up with everything as it was going on, but still solid. It was also cool to see little snippets taken from that Fight Nerd feature on him years ago. The BJ Penn one is pretty good too.

All American yet has a wife from Puerto Rico. I don't think he thought this through...

I don't really like the nickname but it looks like it'll stick. It's on pretty much all his clothing now and even his gamertag, lol.

Last edited:
Hmm, would be more interesting if Weidman was deeper in his MMA career, meaning it would be more interesting to watch if Weidman had more than 11 fights. Kinda early to be making a documentary on him when if you really think about it, he's just getting started.

Nice video.

Always been a fan and while I love Machida dearly for his aherence to Karate me being born and bred in Brooklyn ny for the majority of my life I have to fanboi Chris. War Weidman.

Hmm, would be more interesting if Weidman was deeper in his MMA career, meaning it would be more interesting to watch if Weidman had more than 11 fights. Kinda early to be making a documentary on him when if you really think about it, he's just getting started.

He ran over the division and beat the unbeaten champ 2x...please think before you type.

He ran over the division and beat the unbeaten champ 2x...please think before you type.

1. The champ was beaten 4X before Weidman "beat" him in two HIGHLY indecisive fights
2. The poster you critiqued was spot on: 11 pro fights is NOT some lengthy resume that proves or disproves anyone's greatness.

Give the guy some time. If he loses Saturday (which I for one am really confident he will), he will be no less of a fighter. If he wins, he'll have 12 pro wins, and still a lot of great competition (Jacare, Vitor, Rockhold, etc). Lay off of Weidman's nuts, please.

1. The champ was beaten 4X before Weidman "beat" him in two HIGHLY indecisive fights
2. The poster you critiqued was spot on: 11 pro fights is NOT some lengthy resume that proves or disproves anyone's greatness.

Give the guy some time. If he loses Saturday (which I for one am really confident he will), he will be no less of a fighter. If he wins, he'll have 12 pro wins, and still a lot of great competition (Jacare, Vitor, Rockhold, etc). Lay off of Weidman's nuts, please.

Love how you armchair MMA analysts sit back and under value fighters achievements because of the number of W's he records. Chris hasn't lost a fight and bulldozed everything in his path including the godlike Anderson touted over and over again as goat for the last millennia. Screw you and his lack of documentary worthiness bullshit , your just drunk on haterade.

At least somebody else sees my post correctly and now I don't have to listen to that guy's shit.

Love how you armchair MMA analysts sit back and under value fighters achievements because of the number of W's he records. Chris hasn't lost a fight and bulldozed everything in his path including the godlike Anderson touted over and over again as goat for the last millennia. Screw you and his lack of documentary worthiness bullshit , your just drunk on haterade.

Jeez, someone's mad, huh?

You took my post as if I was disrespecting Weidman, even though I'm not. What I'm saying is that he only has 11 fights, when you're career is still that short then I think a documentary is a little much.

Yes, he beat Anderson Silva, but saying he should have documentary because he beat Silva is like saying Matt Serra deserves a documentary because he's the only person to beat GSP via strikes, or that TJ Dillashaw deserves a documentary because he beat Barao who was the #1 P4P fighter and undefeated for 9 years.

I think the UFC should actually start building Weidman up more than they have, IMO he's the perfect guy to run with and make some money with, but the fact he only has 11 fights (soon to be 12) is a little early to be making documentaries.

He's still very, very young in his professional MMA career and IMO, he should have more than 12 fights if we're going to be making documentaries about him. If he's able to actually defend his title a few times over guys like Machida (which may possibly happen this Saturday), Belfort, Jacare, etc, then make a documentary, it'd be perfect then. But making a documentary on him when.. if you think about.. living off of fighting just one guy (again, I'm not hating on him) and being so young in their career.. it just seems a little weird.

IMO, if we're making documentaries about fighters - I think they're should have at least had a full career. Shit, at least 20 fights or something like that. It just doesn't seem right to have a documentary on a professional fighter who literally just hit double digits on their record, lol.

No disrespect to Weidman, I like him, he's awesome to watch and he seems like one of the coolest guys on the fucking roster, but a documentary this early in his career is a little much. I say wait until he can defend his belt a few more times and then it makes sense.

Documentaries on professional Mixed Martial Artists work for guys like Dan Henderson, Big Nog, Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, GSP, BJ Penn, etc. Guys that have had full careers, have been around for many years. Weidman did something that nobody else in the UFC could do, and yes, it's an amazing achievement for sure, but what else has he accomplished in MMA like the other guys?

I think it'd be better if Weidman had already had a full career instead of just 11 fights, it just seems a little early to me.

Other than that, stop acting like a little kid and whining about what somebody else says on the internet. If you can't handle what people say on the internet, then you shouldn't be on it.

Last edited:
Great guy. Great fighter. Could end up being the best ever.

...but if having an older brother that beat on you and a flooding are your major hardships then, well, you're a very lucky guy.

He's got a great Dad too.

cool, i like these documentaries that they have been putting out lately.

ray longo has this look about him that he's seen too much. i wonder if he was in Nam. I really hope he wasn't, and it's just how he looks

How many docus does he freaking have? Three at last count.

Back