Victor Ortiz vs Brandon Rios PBC FOX August 4

Brain damage 115-113

I'll watch that. Rios via mid stoppage. Rooting for Victor though.

No way Rios wins this.

I'm guessing he has a family to feed but FFS, his speech is gone and the way he got dropped against Gracia was scary.

Not fan of him but he doesn't deserve further punishment.

I dont like this new Victor Ortiz. He somehow adopted this new amateur boxing style. Hes hopping back and forth and jabbing too much.

Hes not a boxer. Hes a fighter.

I remember when he threw like 2 jabs against Andre Berto first fight

The fight should be in Kansas with both guys coming out of there.

This is winnable for Ortiz. I would have favored Rios at different points of their careers but Ortiz is still a huge puncher and Rios is more and more hittable in each passing fight. I think punch for punch, Ortiz is probably a harder hitter than Garcia, and Garcia wrecked Rios.

Thats said, Rios did have flashes of his old self in the Garcia fight. Both guys have been smacked around pretty good. Hard to say how either guy reacts when punches land.

A bit late but both guys seem depleted, more so Rios .

Hope he finds smart business decisions to get out of getting hit in the head

Depends how much pain Rios can Inflict , they are opposites in that particular threshold.

Lol @ Rios fighting AGAIN. His last fight was uncalled for and turned out to be brutal.

Ortiz is going to K Rios TFO.

They did beef for a while tho, so I'll watch it. I don't like Rios either, so meh.

2 guys that are mostly washed but really seem to hate each other...

yeah. sounds entertaining.

Ortiz looks bigger and less used up. Either one could be hurt pretty quickly at this point in their careers.

I will watch

Pick....

I think Ortiz will win tbh I dunno if I would pick Rios to beat any mid-top level fighter tbh.

Not seen either fight for ages

I remember Rios has huge heart though and tries until the end where as ortiz will wilt and quit

I lean towards Ortiz. He loses fights due to lacking the heart to gut it out, but Rios is punchy at this point. Ortiz still can crack and that’s trouble for Rios.

This is winnable for Ortiz. I would have favored Rios at different points of their careers but Ortiz is still a huge puncher and Rios is more and more hittable in each passing fight. I think punch for punch, Ortiz is probably a harder hitter than Garcia, and Garcia wrecked Rios.

What do you mean by punch for punch?

Interesting, I'm not sure who hits harder now - Good debate discussion.

What do you mean by punch for punch?

Interesting, I'm not sure who hits harder now - Good debate discussion.
Garcia may have some flashier KOs but I believe Ortiz is a bigger puncher, overall.

Garcia may have some flashier KOs but I believe Ortiz is a bigger puncher, overall.

Yea, Ortiz is really skilled, and very strong , with good conditioning. The problem is his mind isn't has strong as his body, and he has also had a lot of bad luck

Yea, Ortiz is really skilled, and very strong , with good conditioning. The problem is his mind isn't has strong as his body, and he has also had a lot of bad luck
Well, Rios has been stopped in 2 of his last 3. Neither guy is at their peak.

Back