Vettori underrated

Ivancho

Amante de las mma
@Brown
Reaction score
everyone not named vettori would have been knocked out by adesanya in the first two rounds. He took some hard head kicks that will ko easily other fighters. The italian is not a skilled fighter but he has a lot of endurance and a chin made of steel.

Vettori is a good fighter and only 24 years old. That kid is tough.

Vettori isn't so good, watch the fight he had before this one.
His chin is incredible though, guy is tough as nails.

If it were 5 rounds he would have won. He's an all around beast. Am a fan.

He is tough as nails, like Lenny Dykstra.

But his striking looked amateur at best.

I was saying all week Marvin wouldn't get finished and would always be live in the fight

If you thought that skinny moaning guy was knocking out that block head..
You obviously didn't see him go to hell and back again with Omari last time out

Guy's got one hell of a chin, i'll give him that

i have to root for him for obvious reasons but i never used to like the guy.
his pre ufc record is filled with W against part time fighters, while he was trained in the best Euro's gyms his family could pay for.

he's a tough kid, he gets props for making it to a decision. but his striking is subpar, he's going to need to tighten that up quite a bit before he goes anywhere.

i have to root for him for obvious reasons but i never used to like the guy.
his pre ufc record is filled with W against part time fighters, while he was trained in the best Euro's gyms his family could pay for.
I've seen rumours going around here about Vettori a few times, and they haven't been good. If I recall correctly, an Italian poster once said that everyone in the Italian MMA scene hates him and thinks of him as an arrogant and selfish person or something. Care to confirm/deny?

Regardless of that, I like watching his fights. I don't think he has any sort of legitimate title contender potential or anything but yeah, entertaining as hell.

Ps. I love this bit from your sig: "MMA: the spectacle that became a sport that went back to being a spectacle". So damn true.

His striking is worse than mine, slow and flat footed!

everyone not named vettori would have been knocked out by adesanya in the first two rounds. He took some hard head kicks that will ko easily other fighters. The italian is not a skilled fighter but he has a lot of endurance and a chin made of steel.
LOL... no. There are plenty of fighters hat would beat Adesanya with no problem

I've seen rumours going around here about Vettori a few times, and they haven't been good. If I recall correctly, an Italian poster once said that everyone in the Italian MMA scene hates him and thinks of him as an arrogant and selfish person or something. Care to confirm/deny?

Regardless of that, I like watching his fights. I don't think he has any sort of legitimate title contender potential or anything but yeah, entertaining as hell.
All Italian people are extremely arrogant and selfish so he must be literally the most arrogant and selfish person in history to be branded as such by his own countrymen!

All Italian people are extremely arrogant and selfish so he must be literally the most arrogant and selfish person in history to be branded as such by his own countrymen!
<[analyzed}>

that statement was probably made by me.
it's right (IMO): he challenged Clemente Russo (a multiple times olympic boxing medalist) via social with a very rude and arrogant rant and Sakara tried to make him think about being more humble since he didn't yet realize anything in mma compared to what Russo did in boxing, the first Sakara's attempt was behind the scenes, not public, but Marvin responded via social media again in another rude and arrogant rant. at his point Sakara made a video in which he basically calls himself out from this useless social media war.
previously the two had a little scuffle when Vettori promised to wipe the floor with Carlos Jr, who was a Sakara's training partner and apparently a friend of his att.

we can summarize it: older people agree with Sakara and hope the guy'll act in a more mature way while kids love his bad attitude and join him in insulting Sakara.

as i said previously Vettori made a name for himself in the national scene fighting part times fighters while he has always trained like a pro, with the best coaches and best gyms available in Europe.
he'll not be champion material, i agree, but he's far from being a scrub, i think he's good enough to stay in the UFC and the last fight proves it imo.

i just don't like his attitude and i cannot forget how "easier" was his way to the ufc compared to the guys he fought (and even lost to, despite the scoring).
just to say: one of his best win came in an event in which a restourant's owner and part time kickboxer was in the main event.

Back