Vertigo Ear Infection for Toddler

colby25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
My 3 year old out of nowhere seem to have caught an ear infection.

Seemed pretty standard at first. Tylenol and antibiotic and some rest. 12 hours later she cannot stand falling all over the place, throwing up everywhere.

Freaked me out so took her to the er and they hooked her up to an iv ran a bunch of blood tests, pumped some anti nausea medicine into her.

Luckily all tests came back good but brought her home and I have to make her crawl around and not stand cause she’ll fall over.

Anyone seen something like this before? They said it’s the fluid in the ear causing it - makes sense I guess but I’ve never seen anything like it.

Happpppy new years bruhs!

Man that’s rough; sorry to hear.

My 2 year old was getting ear infections / dizzy spells on and off for months; finally got tubes put in his ears and it pretty much took care of it

Man that’s rough; sorry to hear.

My 2 year old was getting ear infections / dizzy spells on and off for months; finally got tubes put in his ears and it pretty much took care of it

Glad to hear he’s better.

How’d he handle the tubes?

Same thing happened to me when I was around 5-6 years old. Had tubes put in for about half a year IIRC and everything cleared up just fine. I vaguely recall my hearing being a bit different while the tubes were in but other than that everything was fine. Hearing went back to normal soon after the tubes were removed and I haven't had any ear problems since then.

Male absolutely sure the tubes are removed correctly. Mine weren't and it caused serious problems down the line

Oh wow! I'll be praying for your baby! My son had ear infections when he was little but medicine took care of it. If your baby is prescribed ear drops, don't let the tip of the dropper touch the ear. You can infect the dropper that way.

I'm a retired Pharmacy Tech/Craftsman.

My 3 year old out of nowhere seem to have caught an ear infection.

Seemed pretty standard at first. Tylenol and antibiotic and some rest. 12 hours later she cannot stand falling all over the place, throwing up everywhere.

Freaked me out so took her to the er and they hooked her up to an iv ran a bunch of blood tests, pumped some anti nausea medicine into her.

Luckily all tests came back good but brought her home and I have to make her crawl around and not stand cause she’ll fall over.

Anyone seen something like this before? They said it’s the fluid in the ear causing it - makes sense I guess but I’ve never seen anything like it.

Happpppy new years bruhs!
Look up Epley Maneuver. It helped me with similar symptoms. Not sure if you can get a 3 year old to do it, but good luck.

Look up Epley Maneuver. It helped me with similar symptoms. Not sure if you can get a 3 year old to do it, but good luck.

They have hats now that help you do it. You're supposed to make sure this little ball goes through this tube by doing the Epley Maneuver. A three year old might think it's a game and be able to do it.

Back