Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, so what's the R-rated part?... excessive violence would be a waste of a good R-Rating. Stronger Language & some tastefull nudity would be a refreshing twist to the super hero flix.

That whole separation thing seemz silly... (especially since Venom is Spiderman'z nemesis... lol) but there'z probably some politics behind it in order to let them go rated R. Marvel probably wants to distance themselves until they get some feedback... & if it's positive then I'm sure there will be some crossover stuff going one.
You're thinking about it too much. Deadpool made money with an R-rating and Sony is throwing anything they can at the wall hoping something sticks.

I would give them props if Venom ended up being the superhero equivalent of a slasher flick with titties and gore though.

Separating Venom and Spiderman is actually a good thing and here is why

Spiderman is about as stale as a dog turd that has been sitting in the sun for 2 months.

Venom can be his own character without being dragged into the typical spiderman story
Venom isn't a character. This is like Iron Man's suit getting its own spin off unrelated to Tony Stark.

Venom standalone seems very random to me. I want to see Venom and Spider-man face off. What's amazing
....i just can't wrap my head around a potential Venom/Spidey villains universe outside the Marvel universe movies. It's just a logistic mess. I remember reading that MoS would not be part of a JL movie and that it would be it's own thing. That got trashed pretty quickly. Realistically, I don't see how they can make a Spidey related movie without it connecting with the Marvel universe. What if Marvel decides they want to use Venom on their own? What then?

lol there was also talk back in like 2012 that Bale was being courted to be in Batman vs. Superman but it would not be part of the continuity of Nolan Dark Knight movies. So, basically- hire Bale to play Bruce Wayne/Batman but not the Bruce Wayne/Batman he previously played. It was mind-bogglingly ridiculous.

yeah I get that I was referring to Eddie Brock or whichever host they plan on going with

Spider-Man is Peter Parker, thats why that character is awesome. Iron Man is Tony Stark, which is why Iron Man is awesome. There is nothing interesting about Eddie Brock, let alone somebody SONY creates out of nowhere.

wasn't there a Venom movie already that stars Brokeback Mountain guy and Deadpool?

Spider-Man is Peter Parker, thats why that character is awesome. Iron Man is Tony Stark, which is why Iron Man is awesome. There is nothing interesting about Eddie Brock, let alone somebody SONY creates out of nowhere.

The struggle he has with his humanity and the symbiote

Could be a pretty dark movie in a similar fashion as spawn or the crow

I can dig it. I think you guys just need more of an open mind before shitting on this idea

The struggle he has with his humanity and the symbiote

Could be a pretty dark movie in a similar fashion as spawn or the crow

I can dig it. I think you guys just need more of an open mind before shitting on this idea
SONY hasn't earned that kind of trust.

So i'm hearing Zac Effron will be playing Venom?

Edit: Never mind, it was an april fools joke.

To do Venom and Carnage justice would probably need an R Rating. I don't see that happening. Too big a financial risk with characters who are only well known to hard core Nerds.
You think anyone outside of hardcore nerds had a clue who Deadpool was?

lol there was also talk back in like 2012 that Bale was being courted to be in Batman vs. Superman but it would not be part of the continuity of Nolan Dark Knight movies. So, basically- hire Bale to play Bruce Wayne/Batman but not the Bruce Wayne/Batman he previously played. It was mind-bogglingly ridiculous.

I dunno. That usually works really well.

large_7W43CXQh6jF9NhnBnlA4BoaFp8W.jpg

Was it? Lol- I bought it when I heard it. Knowing it's an April Fool's joke, I assume they made the choice of Efron for Maximum Rustle-age but all I could think of when I heard it was, well it's an improvement over Topher.

I really want him for Eddie Brock. I think it's a perfect vehicle for him to make the transition into leading man, while playing against his former "good boy" looks and embracing a new level of "jock bully with a heart of gold."

He could be the lead Chris Pine should have been by now.

zac-efron-shirtless-baywatch-030816-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back