Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Venom Thor

Venom Iron Man

Venom America or Captain Venom

Hulk Venom

<OKC16>

I realy liked venom on the spiderman cartoons
I realy hope they dont fok it up like they did with the last spiderman movies

I hope they bring Topher Grace back.

I have a feeling this will not end well, especially if Marvel Studios is not handling it creatively.

Yup but better than an unproven Lesnar.

They'll probably portray Venom as an anti-hero, anti-villain, whatever.

Agreed on both accounts. While the cameoing in origin story movies has run its course, i see no way of this succeeding without a proper introduction in a Spiderman movie. Highly skeptical.

Also, anti-heroes thing could work. But Venom is not a friendly face, and does not have a mask 90% of the time like Deadpool has...

Sony is making a Venom movie? Hell yeah!

Ricahrd E Grant should play Cronos
latest

seeing as they are casting kids in SM Homecoming, I think they will fuck up Venom horribly

Not a part of the MCU, so I'm going to have a hard time caring.

Right so, if I understand it right, this is how it has all happened:

Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2 happen, the end of the second one teases the Sinister Six film(s) and, Sony have a Venom film lined up. Then Marvel get the rights to Spiderman, but Sony retain the rights to Sinister Six and the like.

So, conceivably, they could make lots of Spiderman villain films, but no more Spiderman films?

And, Spiderman in the MCU can't use Carnage, Venom, Doc Ock Mysterio and all that? But, Vulture was teased at the end of TASM2 and, he is the main villain in Spiderman: Homecoming.

I am confused.

Haven't seen it but there was links to Venom in AS2 also
lyhtz89r1myzof9gfkiz.jpg

PHL6MigyRjA9OT_1_l.jpg

Is that confirmed or are you speculating? Because Spidey is now part of MCU and Venom is Spidey lore....so, unless I missed a memo Venom is part of MCU.

Only way it works is by doing it almost like a monster/horror movie. Have a team of cops/marines going after him and getting destroyed over the course of the film like the pacing of a horror movie. Don't overuse him unti the end when he's in full destructive glory. Then after the team is fully killed, you throw Spider-Man at him at the very end and set up a Venom vs Spidey movie.
They won't do that though.

This will be some cockamamie riff on the solo series where Venom was the guy who preyed on those who preyed on the innocent. Like the superhero version of Dexter.

Which might have some promise with an R rating, I guess. Still, I can't see how Spiderman is left out of this, in which case, why is Venom the protagonist?

Not that I want you to care or anything but Venom and any future Spider-Man spinoff movies are part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That's one of the reasons why Spider-Man is rebooted after TASM2 because his world is now part of the MCU.

A part of me died watching Eric Foreman play Venom. I won't get my expectations up for this movie and expect the rest of me to die when this is released. Venom is my all time favorite comic book villain. I just have this gut feeling this will end bad. Especially without Marvel.

agreed. I likethe huge, hulking monster version of Venom, so fingers crossed.

I've said this for years, Brock Lesnar is the perfect choice. His name even matches, they're both Brock. Huge guy that matches the body type perfectly.

Please don't fuck this up Sony, though I wont get my hopes up.

Why do you guys like Venom so much, if you can elaborate on that please.

My self I would like a Venom and Carnage R rated movie I just dig all that alien symbiotic story line and all the creations that came out of it.

Overall I'm not that confident in Sony and their creative team they missed it with me so far.

Oh and I hated Tobey Maguire and found Andrew Garfield so so... we will see what the new one does to small sample size to call it for him yet.

I like venom due to the transition of the character. Went from being obsessed over killing spidey to being the lethal protector in San Francisco.

I really like the design of the character and the art work of it. Especially when he was drawn by Todd McFarland. Looks like something out of a nightmare. Spiderman isn't exactly an intimidating superhero to look at but imagine being random street thug and running into venom... You know he is just gonna eat your brain or spleen...

Also he is just a bad ass character. All of Spiderman abilities just amplified, the symbiote shape shifts, can create weapons, and his sentient(albeit homicidal).

I like venom due to the transition of the character. Went from being obsessed over killing spidey to being the lethal protector in San Francisco.

I really like the design of the character and the art work of it. Especially when he was drawn by Todd McFarland. Looks like something out of a nightmare. Spiderman isn't exactly an intimidating superhero to look at but imagine being random street thug and running into venom... You know he is just gonna eat your brain or spleen...

Also he is just a bad ass character. All of Spiderman abilities just amplified, the symbiote shape shifts, can create weapons, and his sentient(albeit homicidal).

Agreed. :D

Do you share the same feeling for Carnage ?

Venom is one of the best characters & villains in comic history and NEEDS to be done proper justice. The last Venom appearance was so shameful and embarrassing I really dont ever want to see it done again, at least not by this shitty director & crop of studio clowns. That will forever go down as GOAT ruining of an amazing character

If it isnt dark, sadistic, violent & 99% dead serious it shouldnt be even considered.

Agreed. :D

Do you share the same feeling for Carnage ?

Good villain,when it was Cassidy. Didn't really follow all the other storylines that continued after that. I like that he was the pure homicidal aspect of the symbiote. The cross over story of Batman and Spiderman featuring carnage and joker was awesome. Loved Batman throwing down with carnage in the prison. Still have it boxed away somewhere.

And as an aside, Carnage in New York was a damn good SNES game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back